Sauce Gardner : How does Chicago got two Top-10 picks on top of the talent they already got? Who did they fleece?šŸ˜‚

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Bryce Young is the same height as Kyler Murray, 5' 10". So there's definitely some precedent about short QBs still being able to play in the NFL. Probably the bigger concern with Young is his slight frame/weight, which is the big difference between him and Kyler.
I know that. Still would pass.
Ā 

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I hope Bryce figures it out for them... after this year... once we maximize that 2nd round pick.
He is somewhere between Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman in the path to the Hall of Fame.

He was not quite as good as the bad 1st season of Manning and not quite as bad as the 1st season of Aikman.
Ā 

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I donā€™t know how a team of evaluators saw that as a, ā€œwe must get this guyā€. How do you think thatā€™s going to translate well in the NFL? I just donā€™t get it. And someone signed off on it. But hey, thatā€™s fine with them. But geez. I feel like their due diligence was just watching YouTube highlights and after 5 videos, they said, ā€œwell take himā€.
What is worse is that he added 20 pounds of weight so he could officially say that he weighed 200 pounds, and then lost every ounce of weight that he gained by the time training camp arrived ... and Carolina fell for it.
Ā 

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Because his college tape was really good. Everyone playing armchair GM after the fact lol
I was solidly in the 'he is going to get killed the first time he takes a hit' camp. I guess I was wrong but he sure looks scared out there.
Ā 

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
SOME height and weight? lol he was huge.

Russell has little comparison to Young. Heā€™s a bust because heā€™s dumb and lazy.
I would have forced him to play OT. He had the size for it.
Ā 

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
C'mon... I feel bad for them. I couldn't imagine being in their shoes. I think a piece of my soul would be gone. They need some good juju.
Ok, let them find their own version of Purdy late in this draft. After sitting a year, he can take over and have a quality career as a sleeper gem QB ... after the Bears get their 2025 2nd round pick.
Ā 

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Ok, let them find their own version of Purdy late in this draft. After sitting a year, he can take over and have a quality career as a sleeper gem QB ... after the Bears get their 2025 2nd round pick.
Didnā€™t you hear? We are trading that pick along with #9 to move up to #5 to MHJ after the Vikings trade up to #4 and draft McCarthy.
Ā