Schedule Release

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Although I'm extremely excited for Fields, whenever that may happen, I don't think I've ever been less excited for a Bears schedule release. They're going to play a shit-ton of good teams, and I don't expect them to be competitive. So I don't suspect the schedule will make much of a difference.

The only way I might change my tune is if it's the Packers without Rodgers in Week 1.

2Deep

Liked Posts:
I think game one of the season may be out of the box this year that is why i went with Browns. But I totally get that more then likely the NFL wants division games........if that is the case then I will take the Packers with no AARON Rogers and no Davante Adams

msadows

Liked Posts:
Usually the leaks start about now.

They don't have to play a division opponent in Week 1. Only in Week 17 did that become a rule a few years back. I hope we get an easy opponent in Week 1 that Dalton can beat.

Yup, not really sure why everyone thinks we're gonna play a division opponent for sure. That isn't really set in stone at all. They did it last year due to covid but even in 2019 plenty of teams played out of division opponents week 1.

I desperately do hope that the san fran game at home is on national TV, however. Fields has to have his mahomes moment against the team that passed on him.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Yup, not really sure why everyone thinks we're gonna play a division opponent for sure. That isn't really set in stone at all. They did it last year due to covid but even in 2019 plenty of teams played out of division opponents week 1.

I desperately do hope that the san fran game at home is on national TV, however. Fields has to have his mahomes moment against the team that passed on him.

He will, twice a year!

2Deep

Liked Posts:

I want San fran to come to Chicago in November or December

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they do schedule week 1 vs Green Bay, look for it to be a national game...The talking heads on TV are firmly in Rodgers corner, and this would be an excellent chance for them to show how bad a decision GB made to let Rodgers go.

If the Bears beat them without Rodgers, the GB Front office would be embarrassed and the talking heads would like nothing better. If Rodgers plays and beats Chicago, no biggie because that would be expected.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The Bears closed against the Packers last season. It was embarrassing but still managed to back into the playoffs.
Whoa, you're right. They did play each other 3 times in a row from 2017-2019 in the last game of the regular season. I don't know how I forgot last year, lol.