Schedule, Win/Loss Predictions and when will Fields start

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'm of the opinion we just let the 2021 Bears play games and we'll see what happens.

pin the tail on the dickhead shit like mock drafts and predicting the team's win/loss record with QB1 or QB2 is not very productive.

do better.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually three of them led their teams to the playoffs Prescott was 13-3, Jackson was 6-1, Wilson was 11-5 and beat another rookie QB that year Robert Griffin in the playoffs. Two others put up fantastic numbers as rookies even though they played on weak teams Herbert and Mayfield. Then there was Burrow and Watson who were playing very well until they were sidelined with injury. Murry put up average numbers as a rookie and Allen put up the worst rookie numbers of this group. Every one of those teams has or had the chance to take advantage of the five year window of these rookie deals in spending money on free agent talent to build a contender. By starting them as rookies you don't delay their development and take one year away from that window.
For every success story you can conjure up with starting a rookie QB, I can match with a nightmare of a QB's carreer ruined by doing the same thing. Did Aaron Rodgers start the first year? No. Did Mahomes? No. How did Starting right away work out for Darnold? David Carr?

Then there was Burrow and Watson who were playing very well until they were sidelined with injury.

LOL, thanks for making my point.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a Chicago Bears board. I am a Chicago Bears fan. You are not. Yet you stalk this board just hoping theres something you disagree with. We all think your franchise is a joke(it is), so of course theres a lot to disagree with. Come in here acting like you root for the Packers. You literally follow the worst team in pro-sports haha

Find a Lions board where someone can stand you...if there are any left.
No.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ignore the win/loss under the current HC. Yeah, that makes sense. Lets go back to Trestman and John Fox, also known as our Lions years.
current hc is 0-1 after patricia, if you can ignore the fox years, why can't I iognore the patricia years?
not very good at this whole debate thing are you?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
For every success story you can conjure up with starting a rookie QB, I can match with a nightmare of a QB's carreer ruined by doing the same thing. Did Aaron Rodgers start the first year? No. Did Mahomes? No. How did Starting right away work out for Darnold? David Carr?

Then there was Burrow and Watson who were playing very well until they were sidelined with injury.

LOL, thanks for making my point.
Since Rodgers in 2005 I can think of only two other first round QB's who sat out the whole season, Palmer in Cincy and Mahomes.

I don't know how your math adds up here, of the nine QB's I listed only two have been injured and only one of those Joe Burrow was injured in an actual game. Watson was hurt at practice. So exactly what point was that?

So are you trying to say Sam Darnold or David Carr were busts because they started as rookies? No they were just busts like Rosen, Winston, Mariota. Hell the odds say two of the top five QB's from this draft will go bust, and it has nothing to do with with starting them as rookies.

When it goes to starting rookie QB's I go with something Payton Manning said...........You learn nothing standing on the sideline, you only learn by doing. Manning had a rough rookie year, his 28 ints is still a rookie record and he said he learned as much from that year as any he has had. Josh Allen another QB who struggled as a rookie who learned from that year, and look where he is at now. Should the Lions have put Matt Stafford in bubble wrap and not let him play his rookie year? How would that have helped his development?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since Rodgers in 2005 I can think of only two other first round QB's who sat out the whole season, Palmer in Cincy and Mahomes.

I don't know how your math adds up here, of the nine QB's I listed only two have been injured and only one of those Joe Burrow was injured in an actual game. Watson was hurt at practice. So exactly what point was that?

So are you trying to say Sam Darnold or David Carr were busts because they started as rookies? No they were just busts like Rosen, Winston, Mariota. Hell the odds say two of the top five QB's from this draft will go bust, and it has nothing to do with with starting them as rookies.

When it goes to starting rookie QB's I go with something Payton Manning said...........You learn nothing standing on the sideline, you only learn by doing. Manning had a rough rookie year, his 28 ints is still a rookie record and he said he learned as much from that year as any he has had. Josh Allen another QB who struggled as a rookie who learned from that year, and look where he is at now. Should the Lions have put Matt Stafford in bubble wrap and not let him play his rookie year? How would that have helped his development?

Maybe he would not have gotten killed behind a shit O-line? Where in this thread did I say he should sit the entire year?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rams - L
Bengals - W
Browns - L
Lions - W
Raiders - W
Packers - L
Bucs - L
49's - L
Steelers - L
Ravens - L
Lions - L
Cardinals - toss up
Packers - L
Vikings -L
Seahawks - toss up
Giants - W
Vikings - W

Lions thanksgiving day game would be a good place for Fields to get his first start.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Rams - L
Bengals - W
Browns - L
Lions - W
Raiders - W
Packers - L
Bucs - L
49's - L
Steelers - L
Ravens - L
Lions - L
Cardinals - toss up
Packers - L
Vikings -L
Seahawks - toss up
Giants - W
Vikings - W

Lions thanksgiving day game would be a good place for Fields to get his first start.
I hope he starts sooner, but that would be logical as the rest of the defenses other than NYG should be softer. Before that is a ton of good defenses. But I think he should play if he is the best qb and the team knows it

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rams - L
Bengals - W
Browns - L
Lions - W
Raiders - W
Packers - L
Bucs - L
49's - L
Steelers - L
Ravens - L
Lions - L
Cardinals - toss up
Packers - L
Vikings -L
Seahawks - toss up
Giants - W
Vikings - W

Lmao

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to predict the record without knowing exactly when Fields will start. I know I'd start him right away cause he will be a difference maker but who knows when dumbass Nagy will start him. He needs to placate the bum they promised a starting position to.

Rise

Liked Posts:
7-10, tough schedule and first year growing pains. I think Dalton gets traded in preseason as some team has an injury and is desperate. Fields starts week 1 with Foles as his backup.

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Fields start the year. You gotta know that Nagy is just itching like crazy to get him out there. He has "his guy" now. He probably doesn't want anything to do with Dalton.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
16 - 1 seems about right

Rams - W
Bengals - W
Browns - W
Lions - W
Raiders - W
Packers - W
Bucs - W
49's - W