My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Vic Fangio is so fucked.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I remember when CBMB was beating off to Flacco like he was the second coming.

and then it happened again when the Colts sucked for Luck.

and then the Rams fucked off for Goff.

and everyone's pining for the Bears to make the Super Bowl, while I think they blew their load with their shitty kicker. oh well, maybe they'll beat the Packers in the Centennial Bowl

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can't believe the Ravens were able to find a trade partner for Flacco. This year on his contract is the last year before the "easy out".. and it's expensive as shit. I don't understand.

The broncos just paid a Kings ransom for a 1 year rental of a literal bum.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Broncos Super Bowl odds move from 100-1 before the trade to 125-1 after. LOL

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I can't believe the Ravens were able to find a trade partner for Flacco. This year on his contract is the last year before the "easy out".. and it's expensive as shit. I don't understand.

The broncos just paid a Kings ransom for a 1 year rental of a literal bum.

Not really. Flacco is due $18.5M the upcoming season, which would be a very low-end starting QB money (if Flacco indeed ends up starting). I don't understand how CCS can rationalize Pace giving Glennon a $15M deal, yet SB winning QBs like Flacco and Foles are destined to be 'overpaid'. Who wouldn't pay an additional $3.5M to upgrade from Glennon to Flacco?

I don't think Denver is a good "fit" for Flacco...maybe if they still had a deep threat like Demaryius Thomas I'd be more optimistic, since Flacco's worth is standing in the pocket and throwing long...but I don't think Denver really made a financial miscalculation. If this move doesn't work out, it will be because Flacco has nothing left in the tank, not because of his contract, IMO.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not really. Flacco is due $18.5M the upcoming season, which would be a very low-end starting QB money (if Flacco indeed ends up starting). I don't understand how CCS can rationalize Pace giving Glennon a $15M deal, yet SB winning QBs like Flacco and Foles are destined to be 'overpaid'. Who wouldn't pay an additional $3.5M to upgrade from Glennon to Flacco?

I don't think Denver is a good "fit" for Flacco...maybe if they still had a deep threat like Demaryius Thomas I'd be more optimistic, since Flacco's worth is standing in the pocket and throwing long...but I don't think Denver really made a financial miscalculation. If this move doesn't work out, it will be because Flacco has nothing left in the tank, not because of his contract, IMO.
I wouldn't give Flacco 18m, or Glennon 15m. Just imo.

To me, giving up any sort of draft capital for the opportunity to also give up cap space to pay someone who realistically isn't much of an upgrade on a team that's not going to win any time soon, is horrendously stupid.

Denver is dithering.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't give Flacco 18m, or Glennon 15m. Just imo.

To me, giving up any sort of draft capital for the opportunity to also give up cap space to pay someone who realistically isn't much of an upgrade on a team that's not going to win any time soon, is horrendously stupid.

Denver is dithering.

Vance Joseph inherited an elite defense and immediately turned it into mush (while "having the time of his life!!"). Elway probably thinks the current defensive unit has one more SB run left in them, so he's in "win now" mode and hires Fangio to bring the defense back to elite.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Vance Joseph inherited an elite defense and immediately turned it into mush (while "having the time of his life!!"). Elway probably thinks the current defensive unit has one more SB run left in them, so he's in "win now" mode and hires Fangio to bring the defense back to elite.
Elway is in line for nice hearty helping of reality if that's the case. Yay for .500 ball!

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Elway is in line for nice hearty helping of reality if that's the case. Yay for .500 ball!

They'll at least be 2-14, because they get two games against Gruden's Raiders. Otherwise, I think it will be an uphill struggle to jump above the Chiefs and Chargers in their own division.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Elway has handled their QB situation poorly. Looks like he is staying on that path. Fangio will improve the defense but I am afraid the offense will struggle. Which isn’t good for Vic.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think Elway has handled their QB situation poorly. Looks like he is staying on that path. Fangio will improve the defense but I am afraid the offense will struggle. Which isn’t good for Vic.
He is definitely handling it very 1990's-2010's Chicago Bearsy, plugging the hole with unwanted veterans and best guy after the other two best guys in the draft types and late round picks. Keep up the good work Horse Teeth.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
saw that one coming a mile high away.....I have long thoughts on Jackson being able to make the leap to be a true threat in the NFL long term.
Long thoughts?

[video=youtube;oPjjK9C614Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPjjK9C614Y[/video]

Bears_804

Liked Posts:

Considering Flacco's downfall the past few years, his mobility issues, and the offensive line woes in Denver... it's a head scratcher for me as to "why". I agree, the 18 mil isn't the issue with Flacco with current QB cost, unless you consider the finances tied up in Keenum as well.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Yeah, did Elway really think Keenum was going to light it up the first year? I know Denver had a lack of choices, and Keenum is perhaps more of a journeyman at age 30, but since Keenum did well the year before in Min and only dropped to 'avg', many would expect they give him another year. But, nothing wrong with being decisive.

Hopefully, for Den, there's a real expectation that Flacco can do better than Keenum... even if that's the power of hopeful expectation. Had he asked, I'm sure Fangio would have noted Foles' abilities.