Schefter on Roquan

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As fun as it is to meme and speculate, Roquan is a fucking beast of a defender. And I love watching him play for this team, and I want to love watching him play for this team for the next 10 years. I hope everything is good with him and he just needs a week or 2 off to address it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Alcoholic/Drug problem and/or treatment?
Hey, let’s all just speculate by throwing out unsubstantiated shit.

Perfectly fair, right, since he decided a profession where he works in public, right?

Just slander him at will.

What great fans.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

One thing they should test him for is Sickle Cell, because he looked really slow at the end of the game in Denver and oxygen problems could have triggered something mentally too.

A good percentage of African Americans have sickle cell, and something happened after trip to Denver... its just a medical guess.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has anyone heard any rumors about the fact that the last time the Bears wore those uniforms, it was a whites only league and he didn't want to wear it?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One thing they should test him for is Sickle Cell, because he looked really slow at the end of the game in Denver and oxygen problems could have triggered something mentally too.

A good percentage of African Americans have sickle cell, and something happened after trip to Denver... its just a medical guess.
:obama:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It's true that his personal issues are none of our business.

It's also true that as fans, rightly or wrongly, we want to know whether to expect our favorite team's players to play.

It's also true that no matter what we personally think ethics-wise, journalists are going to dig out the details no matter what.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Has anyone heard any rumors about the fact that the last time the Bears wore those uniforms, it was a whites only league and he didn't want to wear it?
I kinda thought that might be the case, but it seems like a uniform protest would have blown over pretty quickly and we would have moved on by now. Not the case.

Last edited:

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe it's lupus or sarcoidosis.

LeSueur

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Toronto Raptors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Ottawa Senators
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wishing him well in whatever he’s dealing with.

In terms of the Bears D, you can’t replace Roquan’s athleticism at LB but Kwiatkoski really stepped up. Was so used to him missing tackles I was not expecting a game like that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe it's lupus or sarcoidosis.

the number of African Americans with Sickle Cell is like 4.7% or something greater than expected. My girlfriend had it but was able to live at 5,000 feet if she didn't exert herself.

Ryan Clark famously lost a spleen to it to play in Denver.

You could name a bunch of random shit, but this happened after the trip to Denver, or in Denver, or on the plane ride home for all we know. Making elevation a potential factor, and at those rates you expect 1-3 players per team may be effected.

3 players don't contract Lupus on the Denver trip, but you should be ready to treat a player or two who have sickle cell and don't know it.

THAT IS THE ISSUE!! 75 people arriving on a plane somewhere and many have never triggered this medical issue before exerting at altitude.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wishing him well in whatever he’s dealing with.

In terms of the Bears D, you can’t replace Roquan’s athleticism at LB but Kwiatkoski really stepped up. Was so used to him missing tackles I was not expecting a game like that.

Kwiat had a problem with missed tackles? Don't really remember that being some big issue for him.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not going to speculate at all because that is doing the man a disservice. All I know is that the way Nagy handled all of the questions about Roquan really made me uneasy. Especially when he walked off the podium and a reporter had asked him if its up to Nagy or Roquan when he comes back to play.