Screw Phil Emery.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think any coach would have come out and said "they took the Q.B. decision away from me." Nobody talks smack about NFL ownership.

I was bought into Trestman hook, line and sinker. What a dumb ass I am.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How can you draw those conclusions given the circumstances? Thats the point. And the game management complaints are ridiculous, to bitch about the HC putting his team in a position to score at the end of halves while leaving no time for the other team makes no fucking sense.

Personally, I think you just don't want to admit Emery fucked him over.

But we've been back and forth on this... so, obviously we are just going to have to agree to disagree. And in the end I don't think Trestman is going anywhere. Emery has to know he fucked up, and I think it's more likely Jay gets traded than Trestman gets fired. Anyone with eyes and a little football knowledge can see this O lights it up when the QB is playing worth a damn.

I would get rid of both of them if I had control.

Trestman may not have been set up for a lot of success, but he has been an abysmal failure. His offense caught fire with a back up for 5 games that does not make him a good coach in my world.

Please do not think I am absolving Jay of his fault.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I would get rid of both of them if I had control.

Trestman may not have been set up for a lot of success, but he has been an abysmal failure. His offense caught fire with a back up for 5 games that does not make him a good coach in my world.

Please do not think I am absolving Jay of his fault.

That should tell you something about the QB currently under center. You may not be "absolving Jay of fault," but youre laying it on Trestman regardless.

I still do not understand how you can pretend to fairly judge a HC when pretty much every major HC decision(staff, QB) was forced on him by the GM.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
We need to hire a GM that has never hired (and will never hire) a non super winning coach. Anything less is unacceptable!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That should tell you something about the QB currently under center. You may not be "absolving Jay of fault," but youre laying it on Trestman regardless.

I still do not understand how you can pretend to fairly judge a HC when pretty much every major HC decision(staff, QB) was forced on him by the GM.

He agreed to it.

And as I said I am okay with Emery being fired as well for this dumpster fire.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We need to hire a GM that has never hired (and will never hire) a non super winning coach. Anything less is unacceptable!

I am willing to give Emery another coach.

My standards are not that the new coach must immediatly win the Super Bowl. But Trestman is a total trainwreck, there is a big difference.

Newblood

Liked Posts:

My standards are not that the new coach must immediatly win the Super Bowl. But Trestman is a total trainwreck, there is a big difference.

I'm not sure most Bears fans hold that same standard

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure most Bears fans hold that same standard

Trestman has been awful.

I don't know who the next guy will be or whether he will be a really good coach, but he should be better than Trestman.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Trestman has been awful.

I don't know who the next guy will be or whether he will be a really good coach, but he should be better than Trestman.

I agree that if the next guy is on par or worse than Trestman, then Emery should be fired. But I don't think a GM should be fired based off his first coaching hire.
I've always said, be careful what you wish for. I think a lot of Bear's fans operate under the assumption that the next guy (whether coach, GM, QB or whatever) will be better than the current guy.

I agree that at some point you just have to cut ties and go in another direction (see Lovie). However, in doing so, you have to be prepared to grab your ankles, because it could get worse before it gets better.

I don't mind so much if a coach/GM makes a mistake. Is what gets me upset is when they do not stem the bleeding and keep with the mistake.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I agree that if the next guy is on par or worse than Trestman, then Emery should be fired. But I don't think a GM should be fired based off his first coaching hire.
I've always said, be careful what you wish for. I think a lot of Bear's fans operate under the assumption that the next guy (whether coach, GM, QB or whatever) will be better than the current guy.

I agree that at some point you just have to cut ties and go in another direction (see Lovie). However, in doing so, you have to be prepared to grab your ankles, because it could get worse before it gets better.

I don't mind so much if a coach/GM makes a mistake. Is what gets me upset is when they do not stem the bleeding and keep with the mistake.

No fear of becoming worse than this shit-show, change is in order.

Tres is a failure and should be finished, but IMO he gets another year with a new DC.

Phil's deal with ownership should buy him another chance even though at this juncture he has yet to prove an upgrade over JA, and that my friends, is no bueno.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't Phil Emery's fault we are stuck with Cutler. The decision to sign and keep Gay was with the family.

Emery gets one more coach before we should can his ass.

[video=youtube;SeldwfOwuL8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeldwfOwuL8[/video]

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

And that's what I do not understand about your whole argument. You are willing to give the GM another shot, despite the fact that hes the one that set up his current coach for failure, by forcing decisions on Trestman that he had to agree with if he wanted the gig. Yet, you are not willing to allow the HC a chance to actually be a HC and build the team his way.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
You dirty sonofa bitch, wanna put up some Dukes?

Canzoneri%201-16-30%20(b).JPG

It's on