Seahawks letter to season ticket holders doesn’t mention Wilson

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is actually not insignificant imo.
I’m sure all the other franchise QBs are mentioned in letters to season ticket holders of other clubs. It is unusual to bring up receiving stats and not mention the man that threw the ball or was setting records of his own.

Can debate over the significance of it all, but it does come across petty.

Davide

Liked Posts:
It's very very unusual.

When you think about "Seattle Seahawks" the first player came in your mind is RW3.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The people who think Russell Wilson will not get traded have not been paying attention.

The news broke on this letter two days ago.

Unless there is a surprise team somewhere, there's only one spot where Wilson can go out of his selected four and that is the Bears.

Saints can't afford him, Prescott just signed, Raiders are not trading Carr which shows a commitment to him, and if the rumors are to be believed, the Bears were the only team to not hang up on the Seahawks when they called them up and asked what it would take to get Russell Wilson.

All the private scuttlebutt right now is that both sides in Seattle want a clean break from each other, but Pete Carroll right now is trying to figure out what package would not piss off the fans or at least piss them off the least. He needs a package he can sell to the fan base.

Likely those are the details being worked out right now.

I would not be surprised to see Russell Wilson in a Bears uniform next season.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
What about the 38mil cap hit Seattle takes tho?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
What about the 38mil cap hit Seattle takes tho?
What about it? They can restructure contracts and have plenty of cap space. They have like $170 million in cap space next year. That cap hit isn't preventing them from making a trade if they get the package they want

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Yes it is unless they want to lose 38mil of their cap space this year. The reports that it could be designated after June 1 are wrong. You'd have to wait til then. At that point, it's pretty late

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Sure they CAN, but what team in their right mind would leave 38 mill in dead cap with no qb on the roster this year?

It would be a massive amount of restructure so that why I still think it's very long shot at best.

I'm all in tho as long as Mack isn't part of the trade

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'm also not assuming. This all came from close friend of Pete Carol and former GM pat Kirwan.

He's the one saying it's not at all realistic even tho it's technically possible

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
giphy.gif

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm also not assuming. This all came from close friend of Pete Carol and former GM pat Kirwan.

He's the one saying it's not at all realistic even tho it's technically possible

Is this out on the net somewhere or you actually claiming to "know a guy"?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'm sure there is a pod cast of it. Moving the Chains wirh Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller on Serius XM NFL Radio. They litteraly spent about an hour talking it over with a caller asking the same questions and pretty much burst my bubble of hope. Pat even texted another current GM live on air and responded after the break.

Play through 2001 can back me up on this these guys are legit and not just talking heads. Pat gave it a 0 precent chance of happening.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer but from what they are saying this is going no where

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm sure there is a pod cast of it. Moving the Chains wirh Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller on Serius XM NFL Radio. They litteraly spent about an hour talking it over with a caller asking the same questions and pretty much burst my bubble of hope. Pat even texted another current GM live on air and responded after the break.

Play through 2001 can back me up on this these guys are legit and not just talking heads. Pat gave it a 0 precent chance of happening.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer but from what they are saying this is going no where

Just be aware that sometimes even in League circles, people don't think certain moves will happen, and ultimately they do.

I can remember hearing the same kind of rumblings from GM's and Insiders just prior to the trades for Khalil Mack and Jay Cutler.

That's because people in those other situations couldn't imagine having someone at that stage of their career and wanting to get rid of them.

But they aren't in those specific situations.

It's good insight but just remember to take it with a grain of salt. They are not all knowing either.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Yes good points as well and I do think that after June 1 they're is a much better chance it could work financially.

It would just mean the Bears and the Hawks would have some sort of plan worked out ahead of time and so far after the draft.

It would be unprecedented, but like you said these kinds of things have happened before.

I actually think Pete is stubborn enough to get rid of Wilson at this point ust not sure how