Seahawks letter to season ticket holders doesn’t mention Wilson

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes good points as well and I do think that after June 1 they're is a much better chance it could work financially.

It would just mean the Bears and the Hawks would have some sort of plan worked out ahead of time and so far after the draft.

It would be unprecedented, but like you said these kinds of things have happened before.

I actually think Pete is stubborn enough to get rid of Wilson at this point ust not sure how

That is what I feel as well with regards to Pete Carroll.

He is a bit of a "look at me" egomaniac. and these are the precise types of situations where another team can take advantage of that.

I think that there is something of substance here.

First consider the history and timeline for what's going on in Seattle.

First Russell Wilson says he wants to be more involved in how the offense runs. It's the first time he's vocal publicly this off season with regards to Pete Carroll and his kids.

Then word leaks out that Pete Carroll is also frustrated with Russell Wilson.

Then you have a leak where we all heard about Russell's four teams he would want to play for if he were traded.

I want to pause here and propose something.

If both sides realize that they really are done with each other, couldn't this have been a way to gracefully explore potential trade options?

so the teams become public and really the Bears are the only realistic one of the group. Word leaks out about how desperate the Bears are.

Word also leaks out that Seattle was at least willing to field trade calls about Russell Wilson. On top of that, when they did name a rather large price for Russell, the Chicago Bears were the only ones who did not hang up the phone.

now you have a letter to the season ticket holders where Russell Wilson's name isn't even mentioned.

Let's pause there for a second.

I want you to contrast that with how Houston has handled the stuff with DeShaun Watson.

At every turn, in every report it has been the same drum beat:

Houston is not trading watson. Houston is not trading watson. Houston is not trading Watson.

Over and over and over.

Ask yourself something.

Why is Seattle not doing the same thing with Russell Wilson?

All signs right now point to them listening to offers. That's why.

I am not on the bandwagon of Russell Wilson does not get traded.

I do not know for sure but I do think that at some point there will be a mega deal between the Bears and Seattle. I think the Bears will get Russell Wilson and keep the offense intact. And I think Nick Foles, Khalil Mack, and probably even more players on the defense in addition to picks will go to Seattle.

I think the amount will be shocking and many Bears fans who are meatballish and live and die by the defense are going to be ripping their dicks off sewing them back on and then ripping them off again.

But the upshot is you will have a franchise quarterback and you will be doing this in a year when there will be big names both before and after the draft in free agency so Fielding at least an okay defense to go with a hopefully explosive offense is not out of the realm of possibility.

That is my take.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'm ok either way. I want Wilson, but after considering the cap ramifications, the loss of 16mil in revenue off the top for all clubs, all these high priced vets getting released, I feel like it's less likely but I guess we'll find out and they're will be lots of speculation between now and the draft

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Wasn't Dak Prescott left out of something recently related to the Cowboys season tickets? He just signed a mega extension.

To me, it means next to nothing. Seattle still has no reason to move Wilson, and Wilson hasn't demanded a trade.

In other news, I had a dream yesterday that the Bears traded up for the #2 overall pick, but I woke up before I could see who they took!