Seattle loses, where we stand

Kook

Liked Posts:
Do we lock up the #3 seed if Dallas loses one more game? Seattle just lost and we beat them earlier in the season, so get the tie breaker there. How would the tie breaker work with Dallas?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Its good to have that tiebreaker over Seattle.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Do we lock up the #3 seed if Dallas loses one more game? Seattle just lost and we beat them earlier in the season, so get the tie breaker there. How would the tie breaker work with Dallas?

Seattle is a Wild Card, so there is no tie breaker concern with them at all. As a division winner, the Bears cannot be in a tie with them, regardless of record.

One Bears win or one Cowboys loss wraps up the #3 for us. But the #5 and 6 are far from locked. Seattle could play down to the 6, and play the 3 seed.

Seattle plays KC next week, and could be behind Minnesota after the weekend. Thus, if we sit people (or don't) and lose to Minnesota, we'd get the Seahawks. (assuming we finish at #3)

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Skins winning is intriguing. Only a half game back of the 6-seed.

Kook

Liked Posts:
Seattle is a Wild Card, so there is no tie breaker concern with them at all. As a division winner, the Bears cannot be in a tie with them, regardless of record.

One Bears win or one Cowboys loss wraps up the #3 for us. But the #5 and 6 are far from locked. Seattle could play down to the 6, and play the 3 seed.

Seattle plays KC next week, and could be behind Minnesota after the weekend. Thus, if we sit people (or don't) and lose to Minnesota, we'd get the Seahawks. (assuming we finish at #3)

Gotcha. I was simply looking at records and didn’t think of Division vs Wildcard. What happens though if we lose the next two and Cowboys win and we get a tie record.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Robbie Gould beat Seattle with two OT FGs....

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Gotcha. I was simply looking at records and didn’t think of Division vs Wildcard. What happens though if we lose the next two and Cowboys win and we get a tie record.

We lose the tie breaker to Dallas, and would be the #4. That is why the Cowboys' loss today was big for us. (But again, not sure if 3 will actually be better than 4, as 5 and 6 can flip.) I almost would rather play Seattle than Minnesota a third time. But they may make me regret saying that.

Kook

Liked Posts:
We lose the tie breaker to Dallas, and would be the #4. That is why the Cowboys' loss today was big for us. (But again, not sure if 3 will actually be better than 4, as 5 and 6 can flip.) I almost would rather play Seattle than Minnesota a third time. But they may make me regret saying that.

What do they consider in the tie breaker between them?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What do they consider in the tie breaker between them?

We did not play head to head, so it starts with Conf record, which at this point would be the same if we lose one more game and they win out.

Then it goes to common opponents. We are 3-1. They will be 4-1 if they win out.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Bears take care of business @SF and the 3 seed is locked.

I think the 3 seed is absolutely huge, because the Bears are built to beat the Rams and the Cowboys are built to beat the Saints. Could easily have both 1/2 seeds in the NFC lose in which case that crucial difference being the 3rd and 4th seed decides home field for a chance at the Super Bowl.

I dont care about first-round opponent really. Seattle, Minnesota or any of the bubble teams...none scare me any more than the others. 8 straight quarters against the Vikings is kinda stupid though.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

3 is better than 4 because if Dallas makes it to NFC championship, it would be a home game for us.

swz01

Liked Posts:
Bears take care of business @SF and the 3 seed is locked.

I think the 3 seed is absolutely huge, because the Bears are built to beat the Rams and the Cowboys are built to beat the Saints. Could easily have both 1/2 seeds in the NFC lose in which case that crucial difference being the 3rd and 4th seed decides home field for a chance at the Super Bowl.

I dont care about first-round opponent really. Seattle, Minnesota or any of the bubble teams...none scare me any more than the others. 8 straight quarters against the Vikings is kinda stupid though.

The Cowboys just got shut out against the Colts of all teams. I'm not sure they are better than Seattle tbh. The Saints/Cowboys game is looking like a fluke win. It's a 3 horse race in the NFC. If the Saints screw up this week the Bears absolutely need to capitalize on the last 2 games and put the pressure on. To take the 2 seed over the Saints would be huge. I don't see the Bears melting down at the end of the season after beating the Packers this week.

greg23

Liked Posts:
We did not play head to head, so it starts with Conf record, which at this point would be the same if we lose one more game and they win out.

Then it goes to common opponents. We are 3-1. They will be 4-1 if they win out.

Wrong

They would beat us on conf record and get the 3 seed

Ksap24

Liked Posts:
Anyone think the cowboys can upset the saints again?? If so the bears can have the nfc championship in Chicago I like the 3 spot for that reason especially since we beat the rams already even though that won’t be the same team we see in the playoff their confidence is sky high

swz01

Liked Posts:
Anyone think the cowboys can upset the saints again?? If so the bears can have the nfc championship in Chicago I like the 3 spot for that reason especially since we beat the rams already even though that won’t be the same team we see in the playoff their confidence is sky high

The Steelers just beat the Patriots. I could easily see the Steelers upsetting the Saints if the Saints drop their road game to the Panthers on Monday. The Panthers have good offensive weapons and are capable of the upset at home.

CaptnSUG

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The Cowboys just got shut out against the Colts of all teams. I'm not sure they are better than Seattle tbh. The Saints/Cowboys game is looking like a fluke win. It's a 3 horse race in the NFC. If the Saints screw up this week the Bears absolutely need to capitalize on the last 2 games and put the pressure on. To take the 2 seed over the Saints would be huge. I don't see the Bears melting down at the end of the season after beating the Packers this week.

What do you mean "The Colts of all teams"? The Colts have been incredible since the midpoint of the season. Of all the teams in the AFC the Colts are the team, aside from maybe Houston at home, that I want absolutely no part of. Luck has been by far the best QB in the NFL this year. Not even close. Andrew Luck deserves the MVP in a runaway but its going to be given to Mahomes (because the league wants a shiny new star) or Brees (career achievement).

Cowboys are physical and they are big. They are a lot like the Bears, except the Bears have a god-tier safety tandem and Mitch is clearly better than Dak. The Saints nor Rams want anything to do with the Cowboys or Bears, they are both hoping that they hold onto the bye and that at least one of Chicago or Dallas gets dispatched in the wild card round.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wrong

They would beat us on conf record and get the 3 seed

That is right. In order for us to tie, we'd have to lose two, and they would win Conf record 9-3 vs 8-4. (As of a week ago, I was looking at the tie at 11-5, leaving us both at 9-3 in the NFC. but now a tie would be at 10-6, meaning we'd have 4 conference losses)

Either way, I said a tie would net then the #3 seed.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
  • Bears are in play for the 1st and 2nd Seed! Love to have home field throughout the playoffs! Hopefully Saints and Rams lose this week and more.

• Meanwhile, with Cowboys losing, the Bears have a game breathing room to lose and still get the 3rd Seed (over the Boys) which is good if we have to play them in the Championship.

• Hawks and Viks are close to locks for the 5th and 6th Seed now.

• Redskins winning keeps them alive... we'll see if Eagles and Panthers win and keep pace (hopefully, beating Rams and Saints!)

• Giants, Pack lost, they're out.