Secondary scoring

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Outside Hossa & Sharpie, other guys can feel free to start scoring.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
wow what a great thread. :rolleyes:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
as negative as joe is i do have to agree with him on this one. alot of guys not showing up.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
yep...agree

Kane has done decent though...

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Jonathan Toews was suppose to quiet his critics this season by being a point per game player, thus far he has looked lost in the offensive zone. I have no idea what Dave Bolland's deal has been to start the season but he has regressed at both ends of the ice through the first 7 games. Patrick Kane is making plays but I am sick of watching him skate toward the blue line with his back to the net and blindly centering the puck or turning it over. Jack Skille has created a ton of opportunities with limited ice time, he just has had trouble finishing.

Don't take this the wrong way I am fully confident those guys will turn it around and catch fire at some point, I am just making observations through the first 7 games.

Marian Hossa is the best skater in the NHL right now and Patrick Sharp has been clutch and has a knack for finishing. Those two are carrying this team right now.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jonathan Toews was suppose to quiet his critics this season by being a point per game player, thus far he has looked lost in the offensive zone. I have no idea what Dave Bolland's deal has been to start the season but he has regressed at both ends of the ice through the first 7 games. Patrick Kane is making plays but I am sick of watching him skate toward the blue line with his back to the net and blindly centering the puck or turning it over. Jack Skille has created a ton of opportunities with limited ice time, he just has had trouble finishing.
Don't take this the wrong way I am fully confident those guys will turn it around and catch fire at some point, I am just making observations through the first 7 games.

Marian Hossa is the best skater in the NHL right now and Patrick Sharp has been clutch and has a knack for finishing. Those two are carrying this team right now.

Skille has been great, especially when he is with Stalberg, the two feed off of each others spreed. From the past Skille has always had a bit of a slow start in the AHL. Skille will start getting better chances and start finishing earning him more playing time

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Skille has been great, especially when he is with Stalberg, the two feed off of each others spreed. From the past Skille has always had a bit of a slow start in the AHL. Skille will start getting better chances and start finishing earning him more playing time

I actually was not saying Skille needs to do more, I am fully satisfied with his play. Scoring comes mostly in streaks and if the kid keeps playing like he has eventually the chances he creates will find the net. I think he needs more ice time and not to sit out for fucking John Scott to waste minuets.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I want Skille to get every chance to succeed - I think his time is now for this team (problem is -and a few years ago it would sound odd) - is this team has too many top 6 forward line guys - ideally you see a guy like him get a second scoring line slot; the Hawks aren't running 4 lines right now -so he gets slotted in to a 4th "line" -and it was good to hear him getting some PP time - as that might be the only way (barring an injury or player move) that he is going to get enough opportunities. 4th line duty on the team as it stands is not going to probably give a consistent enough idea about any of the other 2 spare forwards play ( I say "spare" as to me it isn't a real line -just a collection of odds and ends).

The scoring has been divided between the top two lines (and 3rd line hasn't been doing much -is it supposed to be this year's shut down line maybe? ) .

Don't lose sight of the pace Hossa is on right now -isn't just a "carrying the load" pace - but a 1990's Brett Hull-like goal a game pace ... so that goes a little further than just carrying the team -those would be 1st All Star type stats (projected through the end of the season).

-The Fine Print-
Disclaimer: Hockey being inherently streaky, does not mean that I think that anyone would continue that as an average scoring rate throughout any given season -but is simply meant to be indicative of a player's current relative value to this season's team.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
is this team has too many top 6 forward line guys

We have no legitimate top 6 guys playing the left side though. We are stacked down the middle and on the right wing. I have stated before I think Kopecky is a 3rd line player, Troy Brouwer has not shown us anything consistent, Bickell is praised because of the two fluke goals he has had this season, Pisani has done nothing offensively with the ice time he has seen, Stalberg has looked good in flashes but he goes go invisible from time to time.

I think we need to see how Skille looks from the left side and bring up Jeremy Morin. I am not claiming I think Morin will produce huge numbers but he has the potential to and we need see what he can do at this point, give him his chance now.

Skille - Toews - Hossa
Morin - Sharp - Kane
Kopecky - Bolland - Brouwer
Bickell - Dowell - Stalberg

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
But where would scott play?

BzartlerEYF

Liked Posts:
We have no legitimate top 6 guys playing the left side though. We are stacked down the middle and on the right wing. I have stated before I think Kopecky is a 3rd line player, Troy Brouwer has not shown us anything consistent, Bickell is praised because of the two fluke goals he has had this season, Pisani has done nothing offensively with the ice time he has seen, Stalberg has looked good in flashes but he goes go invisible from time to time.

I think we need to see how Skille looks from the left side and bring up Jeremy Morin. I am not claiming I think Morin will produce huge numbers but he has the potential to and we need see what he can do at this point, give him his chance now.

Skille - Toews - Hossa
Morin - Sharp - Kane
Kopecky - Bolland - Brouwer
Bickell - Dowell - Stalberg

F Morin, Jeremy » EL SR
+ $916,667

That would be the only reason Morin didn't make the club out of preseason.

CAP SPACE $973,903

You need some breathing room on the cap

Matthew

Liked Posts:
But where would scott play?

If I were Stan Bowman I would terminate his contract and offer him a job hand washing the teams jocks for minimum wage, due to the fact that the training staff has more talent than Scott I don't think they should have to do it.

And no one better give me the "he is on a minimum contract bull," I know 14 year old kids who have better positioning, skating, and hands than him. I am sick of watching Yao Ming try to play hockey.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I was kidding. lmao

But seriously, Scott will be playing, so we should get used to it...

and like I said before, why are you guys so upset about a guy who gets 2 mins of ice time when we are winning?

Just enjoy us racking up points

BzartlerEYF

Liked Posts:
I was kidding. lmao

But seriously, Scott will be playing, so we should get used to it...

and like I said before, why are you guys so upset about a guy who gets 2 mins of ice time when we are winning?

Just enjoy us racking up points

Is this the John Scott thread?? I'm confused! :confused:

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually was not saying Skille needs to do more, I am fully satisfied with his play. Scoring comes mostly in streaks and if the kid keeps playing like he has eventually the chances he creates will find the net. I think he needs more ice time and not to sit out for fucking John Scott to waste minuets.

As I stated, Skille isn't at his top play level yet. The guy gets better, and will earn his top line spot.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
And no one better give me the "he is on a minimum contract bull," I know 14 year old kids who have better positioning, skating, and hands than him.

Can that 14 year old fight though? :nope:

___

What is actually 'bull' is that guys playing their off wing can't (or won't) play on their natural wing. With all of the cross overs -where you line up on a faceoff is not really that huge of a deal -so personally, I don't understand that bit - it isn't the same thing as sticking a defenseman in a winger spot (I'm thinking Byfuglien). The coach doesn't have them do that, which isn't the same thing as not being able to do it.

It isn't exactly Michael Jordan trying to give baseball a try territory here. ( Oddly enough, I bet this 14 year old phenom could do that too.)

Last edited:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I feel like this is me, southern cross, and icehog versus everyone else

:shifty:

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Fair point about Scott, Bzartler... in fact I suppose that *is* the main point about that guy; that and what the coach sees in that guy. Which would seem to be a journalistic opportunity. :)