Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
You can pretty much call this one today.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
If Carcillo and Shaw are not sitting next game, I am not sure what to think. Bolland has been pretty damn useless too.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im going out to cut the grass. More entertaining than watching this shit. I can handle losing but I got a problem with lack of effort particularly on national TV and at home.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
:rage:

Franko725

Liked Posts:
But hey guys, I was wrong to question the great and all powerful Q for his decision to bench Stalberg in favor of Carcillo.

If the Hawks shit the bed and lose this series, Q should be fired the next morning. I do not think that this team will lose this series, but it could happen.

Oh, and how great did the Hawks PP look again today? Kompon is a joke.

Liked Posts:
Terrible fucking effort by everyone. Turnovers, bad penalties, rebound control, can't stay in offensive zone, too much time in ours. How many fucking breakaway chances did they have? Better take these two fucking games in Jo Lou. Pathetic.......

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People on twitter saying that we can't judge this game based on "sample size" :andruw:

Franko725

Liked Posts:
People on twitter saying that we can't judge this game based on "sample size" :andruw:

So playing like shit for two thirds of the game is too small of a sample size? How many goals would they have lost by if Crawford wasn't playing well today? Other than the third goal, which was a good high shot, I can't really say any of the others were on him.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So playing like shit for two thirds of the game is too small of a sample size? How many goals would they have lost by if Crawford wasn't playing well today? Other than the third goal, which was a good high shot, I can't really say any of the others were on him.
Yep. No such thing as an awful game.

:homer:s.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Wait a second....We should have won today because we had more hits!! We have to be more physical to win games, right?

Kronwalled55

Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight... according to Dan McNeil of the Chicago Tribune, the 'Hawks win one cup in 49 years and suddenly the rivalry is dead because they've had a good stretch of games against the Wings? Maybe McNeil should shut his mouth until the series is over, because the Wings aren't the pushover everyone thought they'd be.

I'd include a link to the article, but I guess I can't post links until I have posted 5 comments....

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Time to straighten out some shit here. If Stalberg plays, the Hawks still lose and Carcillo did NOT lose this game for the Hawks. They say you need your best players to BE your best players....that has not been the case in these playoffs for the Hawks. By my count, they have exactly two of their top six forwards that are playing playoff hockey....Sharp and Hossa. On defense, at least for today, the only guy I saw show up was Oduya. Where is Toews? Kane? Keith? Seabrook?

It's NOT the coach, NOT the secondary players....it's the Hawks "star" players that have been no shows. Time to put the blame were it rightfully should go.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight... according to Dan McNeil of the Chicago Tribune, the 'Hawks win one cup in 49 years and suddenly the rivalry is dead because they've had a good stretch of games against the Wings? Maybe McNeil should shut his mouth until the series is over, because the Wings aren't the pushover everyone thought they'd be.

I'd include a link to the article, but I guess I can't post links until I have posted 5 comments....

Good win by your guys today. McNeil is an idiot though. The rivalry itself has died some, just due to others that that Hawks have heating up. Unfortunately with conference realignment, the rivalry will be pretty much dead after this year unless these two teams meet in the Finals regularly. Really hate to see the Wings go East. Always like to size the Hawks up against a perennial contender.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Time to straighten out some shit here. If Stalberg plays, the Hawks still lose and Carcillo did NOT lose this game for the Hawks. They say you need your best players to BE your best players....that has not been the case in these playoffs for the Hawks. By my count, they have exactly two of their top six forwards that are playing playoff hockey....Sharp and Hossa. On defense, at least for today, the only guy I saw show up was Oduya. Where is Toews? Kane? Keith? Seabrook?

It's NOT the coach, NOT the secondary players....it's the Hawks "star" players that have been no shows. Time to put the blame were it rightfully should go.

There is no way to tell whether the Hawks would have won this game if Stalberg had played today. You never know what would have happened if the regular third line would have been together. They could have scored a goal early on in the game and totally changed the outcome due to game situation.

Toews got mauled all game long. Some of the minors that got called on the Hawks today were not nearly as bad as what weren't called against the Wings.

Kane wasn't exactly bad today.

Seabs and Keith have not been all that great this season. Not sure why on either account.

I do know that Carcillo served no purpose today. Bolland was not very good either. six dumb penalty minutes does not make a good game.

Plenty of blame to go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.