Seriously, we dumping Dalton or Files?

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Dalton will start the season so Foles would be the man out

Geezer

Liked Posts:
The money issue is real but what happens if you dump one of the the QBs and the other vet gets HURT, maybe out for the season? Are you then prepared to feed your rookie 1st round pick to the wolves? Can't be too rich at the QB position. Keep them BOTH!

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

because we just gave up next years #1 so these reps are important . Him losing an entire year of reps would be a disaster.

Mahomes was drafted by a playoff team and sat behind a veteran qb that was a pro bowler 3 of the previous 5 years .

Trading what we did for Fields and then immediately saying we dont think hes better than Dalton or Foles so he will sit without question make ZERRO SENSE

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
The money issue is real but what happens if you dump one of the the QBs and the other vet gets HURT, maybe out for the season? Are you then prepared to feed your rookie 1st round pick to the wolves? Can't be too rich at the QB position. Keep them BOTH!

Its the Bears there is probably a 90% chance that that will happen

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
because we just gave up next years #1 so these reps are important . Him losing an entire year of reps would be a disaster.

Mahomes was drafted by a playoff team and sat behind a veteran qb that was a pro bowler 3 of the previous 5 years .

Trading what we did for Fields and then immediately saying we dont think hes better than Dalton or Foles so he will sit without question make ZERRO SENSE
Think of the long game.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
That's kind of my thinking.

If Nagy and Pace were on a "win now or you're fired" mandate, I doubt Pace would have been allowed to trade picks from 2022. Dalton and Foles are both pros - and their contracts run out after this year. Let Fields be the QB3 this year, worked in on some plays, but have him learn from those guys.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Trade Foles for money. Honestly, not a market for that guy. Just a terrible all-around move last year.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Foles and Dalton? QB rich?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
People keep saying money is an issue with our qb spot. That's not true between the 3 what would they be paying maybe $25 mill? That's less than a lot of teams are paying their starter alone. After next year foles and Dalton are both gone and you can bring in a reasonable back up. Foles would probably be traded if anyone was interested

Toast88

Liked Posts:
No one is out.

Dalton is the starter. Foles is the backup. Fields is the development QB who starts next year if all goes according to plan.

They'll carry 3 QBs on the roster.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one is out.

Dalton is the starter. Foles is the backup. Fields is the development QB who starts next year if all goes according to plan.

How long do you think Pace and Nagy can stand the pressure and continue to sit Fields when things go South in the 1st 2 games of the year ?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No one is out.

I think so too. They want to bring Fields along the right way. The last thing you need is a freak injury to Dalton forcing Nagy to start him before he’s ready. That’s how you ruin a young QB...

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think so too. They want to bring Fields along the right way. The last thing you need is a freak injury to Dalton forcing Nagy to start him before he’s ready. That’s how you ruin a young QB...
To be fair fields isn't Lance or mahomes or one of these guys that a team drafted knowing they weren't ready to play. Hes likely closer to Lawrence in his ability to step in and play day 1. The concern would be more the roster around him and does Nagy know how to call a play

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
dumping Dalton would not be well received around the league--not that I want him to be on the roster. But absolutely dump Foles for whatever you can get. Even if it includes throwing in a 6th rounder

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We will probably have to pay someone to take Foles......what a fucking horrible decision by Pace and Nagy.