Setting women in football back 3 decades

mecha

Liked Posts:
AW SHUCKS
@HeHateMe just FYI you don't need to be a moderator in a Discord server to invite other people

we also don't need to quarrel anymore. if you play your cards right you might get Soldier Field in Gary, IN someday.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Wait, I've been told the OL isn't the problem despite how they gave up the 45% pressure--along with how they're a bottom 1/4 unit in the league per PFN, but they just need only a C, and most importantly--WRs who can get open! Oh, and a QB who doesn't hold the ball for so long! That will fix a generational issue that hasn't been fixed since the last time they won a Superbowl.

Snark aside, I want a LT, but even I'm not naive enough to believe the bears will take one this draft. They're content with Braxton Leno, which is heinous but unfortunately for the few of us capable of comprehending what it takes to have a successful offense, the vast majority of this fanbase needs a revelation about the OL the way Cubs fans did with a real farm system when they hired Theo Epstein. Instead of making excuses for bums, have someone who knows what they're doing build a modern powerhouse unit that is tailored to a modern offense. They also just took an OT in the 1st round a year ago, so I'm sure someone has/will argue its "a luxury" for a team with a bottom-feeding OL to use a premier pick on it 2 years in a row.

I especially like Alt. Best 2-way OT in college, and I hate Notre Dame. Braxton is a swing tackle at best, and still struggles mightily--but that's not to say he's been 100% bad. THat's not to say he has never had success--he has (albeit against whoever was Brian Burns' back up earlier in the year he graded so highly for PFF--but those of us with 2 functioning brain cells wonder if people still would be saying the same had Brian Burns played) and sadly, that will be good enough.

It hasn't since 85, but maybe the 'get rich quick' scheme will work this time.
Well thought out.....I've been a big Brax fan as you may know. Maybe he isn't as good as I think, or maybe he is? Maybe better than some on this board think, maybe not? Poles was an OT in college. I think he would know what it takes. Imo da Bears need to upgrade at other positions with high picks instead of LT. Also, I would like to see upgrades at IOL before Ts. We'll see Draft Weekend.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Going to ignore the garbage mock but I’ve always thought maybe one day there will be a woman kicker who is lights out up to 45? 50? Yards and breaks the gender barrier. There is such a demand for competent kicking some desperate team would take a sniper with limited range. I just don’t know what female kickers can do power wise - can they do 40 yards?45?50? I’m guessing 50+ is out of the question but i have no idea.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Alt and MHj will be in the league making pro bowls for a while

Sorry, we need to know what Montucky thinks of Joe Alt before we can make a statement like that

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Hey now

Beaker can’t hold a candle to Margot Robbie

She’s hardly mid
It was going around, peeps calling Margot mid and they were out there lookin like a sack of potatoes

Canth

Liked Posts:
Going to ignore the garbage mock but I’ve always thought maybe one day there will be a woman kicker who is lights out up to 45? 50? Yards and breaks the gender barrier. There is such a demand for competent kicking some desperate team would take a sniper with limited range. I just don’t know what female kickers can do power wise - can they do 40 yards?45?50? I’m guessing 50+ is out of the question but i have no idea.

Several years ago, the Eagles brought in Carli Lloyd to a practice and let her kick some field goals. I think she made over 50 yards, maybe it was 55? So, it's possible once you get to an athlete of that level. But, there would be soo many other things going on from a pressure standpoint for the first woman to do that in game.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was going around, peeps calling Margot mid and they were out there lookin like a sack of potatoes
You’d think with that many eyes, potatoes would be able to see Robbie for the baddie she is. I know, as im a sad fucking sack of potatoes as well. But I turn myself towards more industrious endeavors; these eyes are meant for stalking dat absolute dime. 👀

(Can’t resist good(bad) potato puns)