Several Bears Say Locker Room Would’ve Imploded Without Matt Nagy

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
One of the related articles ....

Honestly, for the sake of never trying to show their hand, I'm not sure I ever believe anything coaches and GMs say. I'm just hoping that if they decide to shake things up at the QB position, that it's a big move, and not some Mariota or Keenum softball move.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Honestly, for the sake of never trying to show their hand, I'm not sure I ever believe anything coaches and GMs say. I'm just hoping that if they decide to shake things up at the QB position, that it's a big move, and not some Mariota or Keenum softball move.

Completely agree about what is said in conferences but I do believe some things are true when said: like when Pace says Trubisky is the starter going in, I do not think Mitch will be challenged by another QB and Pace is all in on Trubisky finally getting it in 2020.

I do think Mariota or Keenum are not real solutions but they can challenge Mitch because he plays that inconsistently and he plays THAT poorly at times to raise eyebrows for Mariota or Keenum.

But I don't think any real QB comes in to challenge. My guess is more Chase or someone like Tyler Bray showing everyone Mitch is the unquestioned starter.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Holy mother of god! I clicked on the link and there was lingerie ads evwrywhere! I had to stop and jerk off before reading the article. thanks!!!

Well i wasn't gonna click on it but i am now......where's those damn tissues.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Completely agree about what is said in conferences but I do believe some things are true when said: like when Pace says Trubisky is the starter going in, I do not think Mitch will be challenged by another QB and Pace is all in on Trubisky finally getting it in 2020.

I do think Mariota or Keenum are not real solutions but they can challenge Mitch because he plays that inconsistently and he plays THAT poorly at times to raise eyebrows for Mariota or Keenum.

But I don't think any real QB comes in to challenge. My guess is more Chase or someone like Tyler Bray showing everyone Mitch is the unquestioned starter.

This has to be the worst position to be in as a GM. You can get away with a miss on a position other than QB.

So if you bring in someone legit to compete with Trubisky (I'm not sure who), then you are

1. Admitting you were wrong going after him
2. If Trubisky wins the competition then you look like an idiot for spending money the organization could have used at other positions
3. Going into camp with Two QBs, and we all know that means you really have no QBs

If you roll with Trubisky one more year to see if it can finally click, or the rest of the team improves.

1. You will be criticized, even if Trubisky has a Pro-Bowl season, for not doing enough to fix the position.
2. You run the risk of being fired if the season goes completely bad and you did not do enough
3. When, not if, Trubisky get hurt again if you do not have a backup that can spark the team (Chase is not that guy) you are not doing enough.

If I am the GM.

I will look to bring in another fresh face, someone young, with potential, like a Paxton Lynch or Kevin Hogan, and draft a QB with one of the 2nd rounders.

Essentially I am saying that I'm rolling with Trubisky, and doing just enough to not get fired before I can draft Trubisky's replacement in 2021

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
It's nice to hear, but if Nagy called better games and got more points outta his offense, he wouldn't have to worry about a fractured locker room.

Getting credit for fixing problems, you yourself are a factor in creating.

BINGO!
It's like being kicked in the nads, then handed a bag of frozen peas. Thanks, I guess?

jc456

Liked Posts:
I feel like you lack vision. Mack isn't going to endanger his own brand by loafing and not entertaining getting traded to a better team.
ahhh the old double team excuse.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet everyone here thinks Nagy is the problem.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
This has to be the worst position to be in as a GM. You can get away with a miss on a position other than QB.

So if you bring in someone legit to compete with Trubisky (I'm not sure who), then you are

1. Admitting you were wrong going after him
2. If Trubisky wins the competition then you look like an idiot for spending money the organization could have used at other positions
3. Going into camp with Two QBs, and we all know that means you really have no QBs

If you roll with Trubisky one more year to see if it can finally click, or the rest of the team improves.

1. You will be criticized, even if Trubisky has a Pro-Bowl season, for not doing enough to fix the position.
2. You run the risk of being fired if the season goes completely bad and you did not do enough
3. When, not if, Trubisky get hurt again if you do not have a backup that can spark the team (Chase is not that guy) you are not doing enough.

If I am the GM.

I will look to bring in another fresh face, someone young, with potential, like a Paxton Lynch or Kevin Hogan, and draft a QB with one of the 2nd rounders.

Essentially I am saying that I'm rolling with Trubisky, and doing just enough to not get fired before I can draft Trubisky's replacement in 2021

Yep, Pace is in a bad position all right. He not only missed on QB but on a few spots at OL, TE, WR and most importantly he missed on the actual HC - the offensive designer and playcaller. It looks bad because it is bad. I would be shocked if Trubisky turns it around but if he doesn't, Pace should not be here to draft Trubisky's replacement in 2021.

All this is JMO of course

(except the fact that he has missed on most the whole offense including the "genius" hired to bring it into top-shelf heights)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy mother of god! I clicked on the link and there was lingerie ads evwrywhere! I had to stop and jerk off before reading the article. thanks!!!
You know those adds cum from tracking your browsing history and 'key strokes'. ?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
this team could have easily imploded and I really thought it was going to after the Saints game.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins