Sharpton playing tough??

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Modo, we have the first sign that the Bears may have depth at LB. I'm over the fucking moon about that! Replace Briggs? No. DJ, maybe. But if either go out again I'm not overly concerned as much as I was at this time yesterday.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So many question marks at LBer turned into an amazing performance by that crew yesterday.
Lets give props to that DLINE as well. A healthy Rat and Allen, Houston and Young ......WITH what we on CCS have been calling for, for three games now a 5th man ............
wrecked havoc with their offense yesterday. I still cant understand that if they are going to devastate us by picking us apart playing zone, why the fuck werent we bringing that 5th man and manning up before ? We waited on Sherrick McManus and Demontre Hurst to heal up ?? I think Mel just got the word to blitz or be gone.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
briggs won't get benched. he may stay "hurt" another week. or he could start and rotate out more. good to see there is potential with our LBs. does that mean we can go DE / S / LB next year?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Don't like it, but the design of this defense is for the defensive line to eat up the blockers and let the linebackers run free. That is why you so saw much investment this offseason in the defensive line.

The #1 requirement for the linebackers is speed, so it's not suprising what these kids did. They ran fast and played hard. Both Briggs and Williams can sit there old asses down as far as I'm concerned.

Jon Bostic, you are on notice...you are a 2nd rounder and got outplayed by a UDFA.
It's not surprising what the LBers did?? I gotta say that I was pretty damn surprised and by reading the threads that were made on here before the game about us going with these guys that most on here were surprised.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
It's not surprising what the LBers did?? I gotta say that I was pretty damn surprised and by reading the threads that were made on here before the game about us going with these guys that most on here were surprised.

Even before the game, I didn't think our LB play could get any worse, so mildly surprised they were an improvement, not surprised at all that they were not a black hole on the defense.

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
Why do people keep excluding Greene from these discussions. He was the best LB on the field yesterday.
You must have watched a different game than I did. While he wasn't bad he certainly wasn't anything notable. Certainly better than how bad he looked last year but that's not high hurdle. I'm planning on watching the game again later so I'll look again but I don't remember seeing anything from him that made me think he would be better than who we have starting.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Sharpton was awesome yesterday, I really hope we keep him on the roster even after our LB's heal up. The one play that stood out was when he dropped back in coverage to cover the TE (I think it was a TE) and he showed good awareness and speed and took a great angle and got in front of them and broke up the pass. I had to look and see who this #53 was. Our normal starters suck at coverage and are always a step behind.