Shaun Livingston?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he could be a good fit with the Bulls as a bench player. He has great court-vision and size for a point guard. And that size can help complement Derrick Rose's style very well in the back-court. He has all of the size, length, and on-ball savy to defend NBA shooting guards while Rose defends other point guards. The Bulls could use a secondary player to improve their offense by adding someone to create off of the dribble to get his own shot and shots for others. Livingston can do a little bit of that. He's far from a savior and I'm not saying any different. But he might be a suitable replacement for either D.J. or Kirk if the Bulls lose one or both of them. He's a very bad three-point shooter for an NBA guard. But he brings a lot of other skills and should be in the range of 3-5 million/season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thing is, next to Rose you kind of have to be able to shoot.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
hes a nice player and would be an upgrade to Hinrich

but with how well he played i can see him getting something like 3/9m maybe even 3/12

which is not to bad but we dont need to invest in anymore guards/wings that cant shoot

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Brooklyn would rather keep Livingston and trade Deron Williams...

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:

Rose for Deron Williams anyone? Salaries match and Williams may sadly be the better health risk. I'm not really advocating, just showing that nobody is really untradeable.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Rose for Deron Williams anyone? Salaries match and Williams may sadly be the better health risk. I'm not really advocating, just showing that nobody is really untradeable.

Deron has jello ankles and is gonna need surgery on both this offseason...so hes not too much better health wise

i'll stick with Rose and hope he can come back

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Even with bum ankles D Will is a top 10 PG every year without a doubt....most of his career he was top 5....having Pierce and others hurt him. Kidd isn't a great coach either so that doesn't help things. So no they rather not keep Shaun over a guy with all star talent. Plus Pierce and KG are done and without D Will, Brooklyn will be lucky to make the playoffs with their current roster.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I want to see Livingston succeed. Local kid from Peoria who had bad luck.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Much like the Bears, I think the Bulls should sign every player available.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I like Livingston. I also like the idea of bringing in players that have had some luck with rehab on their knees. But, with many other potential FAs, he's a guy I like on the cheap to pad some depth. Depending on how the draft/FA goes, Livingston may or may not be a wise depth signing. So we'll see.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Maybe the system he was in just fit for him. Before this, due to injury, he just bounded around. This year he was legit, definitely the best year of his career. He may or may not fit in, but that's a red flag to me.

czman

Liked Posts:
How would they get him? If he signs for more than league min, how do the Bulls get him. The Bulls have very few options to signing players so they need to find very good fits. He is not a good hit. The Bulls need floor spacers, and he is not a floor spacer.

The thing people need to realize is the Bulls don have a lot of options outside of league min guys. If they can offer him more than league min the Bulls missed out on all of the good FA and are left with scraps.