Shea McClellin is not a Middle Linebacker

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
like I said, it's football. It ain't that hard, it's a god damn sport. Not saying it's easy just aint that hard.

Just pointing out that it would take time. Like more than a week of practice. Who knows, maybe Shae would be a great MLB, but there is no way in hell its happening this year.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Of course McClellin is not going to be our MLB, he's gonna be our next great Safety. Just look at the picture in the first post.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Just pointing out that it would take time. Like more than a week of practice. Who knows, maybe Shae would be a great MLB, but there is no way in hell its happening this year.

okay so 8 days of practice?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol

Wait... are you playing ironic Lovie constant position switch guy?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is he going to be Urlacher type MLB? No
Can he play MLB like most that have limited space coverages?..Most likely he can.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is he going to be Urlacher type MLB? No
Can he play MLB like most that have limited space coverages?..Most likely he can.

Actually the answer to both questions would be more like:

Who the fuck knows?

And you won't find out without investing 1-3 offseasons training the kid.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
safeties to MLB, however...

edvedder10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shea like all the draft picks is a mystery man. He comes from the high country with thin air, Denver would have been the best place for him the air or domed stadiums. I started to get suspicious when he sat the first half of the Jaguar game which had terrible weather with high heat and humidity. The high motor only works at high altitude. I have friends that have transferred from Idaho to Chicago for work, they all ways complained about the heavy humid air and how they hard a very difficult time breathing the air. They all sooner or later go back to Idaho because of the breathing problems.

HUH??

Cutler and Marshall?? Denver to Chicago, they both seem to have no issue with the heavy humid air

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Pointless thread.

You may as well argue that Matt Forte isn't a defensive end.

If, IF Shea were moved to LB, it wouldn't be as a middle LB, it'd be as an outside LB.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There have been some safeties who have switched to LB, especially the "monster man" safeties. George Webster and Brad Van Pelt were college safeties who became great NFL LBs.

I just think its an easier transition because a safety is more used to playing in space than a DE.

Urlacher too. Anyways, I agree

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
What happened with Hardin again? He broke his nipple or something?

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that like Brain Science?

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Shea may not be a middle linebacker for a 4-3 Tampa 2 scheme, but he has perfect size and ability to play either OLB or ILB in a 3-4. I gotta say I trust Emery and his opinion better than some bloggers for Boise or a columnist. Not sure he has the frame to add another 25 to be an all down 4-3 DE either.

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but he coulda got designated to return under the new IR rules and they opted not to for some unkown reason.

I think you only get one of those. The Bears may not wanted to waste it on a rookie.