Shit we need to do to beat the Falcons

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rich coming from you RTB.

I was told football conversation comes back in the regular season? You must have missed the memo, hands to the face has very little to do with Julio ripping our secondary a new asshole.

I thought discussing Julio would be fair game, my bad, let's continue talking about hands to the face.

Nick80

I was told football conversation comes back in the regular season? You must have missed the memo, hands to the face has very little to do with Julio ripping our secondary a new asshole.

I thought discussing Julio would be fair game, my bad, let's continue talking about hands to the face.

Is that ignoring the point made about Fuller then? You know, in the original post I quoted and you jumped all over talking about the D getting ripped a new arsehole ... ?

Read what is written.

As for serious football talk, you have a forum for that now RTB, or did you miss that memo? Or is it the fact you haven't been on the board much during the first five weeks of the season? Perhaps you might want to try another board if this isn't upto standard. You seem to be reaching alot though.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Falcons have one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. The Vikings had a QB making his first start, and made 0 turnovers in part because they ran the ball 44 times for 241 yards and 4 TDs. It will be interesting to see if Trestman sticks with his running game, or if he abandons it after Forte's first 2-yard run and lets Cutler throw 40+ times.

Controlling TOP should be the #1 priority vs the Falcons, that offense will be deadly for our D. However this should be the plan week in and week out, but somehow it really doesn't show up ... I hope this gets better going forward!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I'm not giving up. I suppose it's possible Matt Ryan falls in a hole and breaks his ankle. Or maybe Julio Jones will get shot.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think there will be a ton of Bear fans in the dome to help minimize their home field advantage. Atlanta is a fair weather sports town. I am heading down with 5 others to do our part.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think everyone can admit that this is a shit matchup. The Falcons are very good at home.

We just need to stop turning the ball over.

-The defense has played well enough and forced a ton of turnovers.

-The offense has moved the ball a ton.

But if you subtract 3 turnovers [2 Cutler, 1 Forte] and we are 4-1.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
When you are up at the end of the game, don't squib kick the ball then give up a long pass to let the falcons kick a game winning field goal....you guys remember that game?
Remember it? That game still haunts me at night. I'm still always nervous when bears have to defend last minute drives, no matter how much time is left.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think everyone can admit that this is a shit matchup. The Falcons are very good at home.

We just need to stop turning the ball over.

-The defense has played well enough and forced a ton of turnovers.

-The offense has moved the ball a ton.

But if you subtract 3 turnovers [2 Cutler, 1 Forte] and we are 4-1.

I'd argue that it's not a shit matchup, because the Falcons defense could very well be worse than the Bears' defense. Atlanta's D is ranked 29th in points and yards in the league. Bears are 23rd and 17th, respectively.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears better put up 40.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If Devin catches one punt Im walking over to my neighbors house and throwing his TV at his dog!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bottom line is if the bears lose Sunday, we can all start those mock off-season discussions

Nick80

Bottom line is if the bears lose Sunday, we can all start those mock off-season discussions

iRCYMIpCPs6D5.gif