Should Bears extend Jimmy Clausen's contract??

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'd wait to see him perform in the regular season before entertaining any thoughts of extending him

we actually don't want that this year. unless of course you mean he scores about 3 more TDs on top of Cutler's 6 per game. in the 2nd quarter.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he performs well enough to secure the 2nd position on the team then yes, absolutely. In this game he obviously looked better than the 2nd and 3rd stringers he was facing. Now I'm not completely sure this translates into him being a solid performer but he certainly has the physical talent to play the game. I just can't get too excited about the guy at this point. Maybe after another 3 weeks maybe but right now, no.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I'm just waiting for this to become a Blanchard PT 2.

Jimmy looked so good. Time for Cutty to take a back seat.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
sorry about weems, desburp.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Sign him, trade him to Tampa for a 3rd next year...

rob923

Liked Posts:
You people are NUTS! Clausen belongs as a third-string backup on the Jaguars, if in the NFL at all. When Cutler goes goes down this year, as he does nearly every year, the Bears season is over. But at least you saved $2 million by getting rid of McCown. Just pay the higher ticket prices to the McCaskeys and don't whine or complain. You simply buy the tickets and fill the seats -- and the McCaskeys laugh at you the whole time.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes they should. He will be a good backup, and if he gets some playing time, he will look promising enough and be Yong enough that a team will be willing to pay a premium in a trade for him

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not quite yet! Let's see him win the #2 position first in the Pre-season games....then we spin the Cliff Stein "money wheel."

It is his to lose at this point. Dear lord, Fales has a windup that looks like Dontrelle Willis. He is hot garbage, and a wasted pick. I would not even waste a spot on the practice squad on him. He will never be good, because he needs to start his throw as soon as the center starts snapping the ball, in order to have half a chance of getting the ball out in 3 seconds.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It is his to lose at this point. Dear lord, Fales has a windup that looks like Dontrelle Willis. He is hot garbage, and a wasted pick. I would not even waste a spot on the practice squad on him. He will never be good, because he needs to start his throw as soon as the center starts snapping the ball, in order to have half a chance of getting the ball out in 3 seconds.

That's ridiculous.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's ridiculous.
No, what is ridiculous is the fact that once Fales identifies his receiver, and begins his throwing motion, I have enough time to turn off my t.v., leave my house, drive to Sky Harbor, hop a flight, touch down in O'Hare, pick up my luggage at the carousel, catch a can to my hotel, unwind for a bit in my room, come downstairs for a quick bite, have the doorman hail me another cab, come down to the museum campus, pick up my tickets from will call, walk down on the field, and stroll over to the WR he is stairing down...All before the ball leaves his fingertips.

He makes Todd Collins' release look like Bruce Lee throwing a punch.