Should have been Kylington

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna groan about this for years. Sitting at #54 we had a chance to drive Swede D Kylington. That would have reminded me of sitting around and having Teuvo fall. Instead we go with a developmental LW that is going to take 4 years and never have an opportunity.

Why not a defensemen who you know is going to be at least a world class skater? Seems like he fit us perfectly. I don't get it. It was a miracle fall and I wish the Hawks capitalized.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The shitty part is looking at us trying to skower the drudges for defenseman in the later rounds and then comparing those guys potential to a guy like Kylington.

The draft is going to go by and I will not feel the Hawks are one inch better than they were before. We have a bunch of darts added to some darts, while losing proven veteran to salary dump eventually here.

Guys like Reilly and Kylington in the system would have meant something right away. Surely this mean Bickell must go. I'm guessing the choices are Bickell vs Oduya. After the weekend we just had we better be signing Oduya. Because guys like Reilly or Kylington that could have been here soon means we gotta wait for Pokka to turn sweet 16.

Svic

Liked Posts:
The shitty part is looking at us trying to skower the drudges for defenseman in the later rounds and then comparing those guys potential to a guy like Kylington.

The draft is going to go by and I will not feel the Hawks are one inch better than they were before. We have a bunch of darts added to some darts, while losing proven veteran to salary dump eventually here.

Guys like Reilly and Kylington in the system would have meant something right away. Surely this mean Bickell must go. I'm guessing the choices are Bickell vs Oduya. After the weekend we just had we better be signing Oduya. Because guys like Reilly or Kylington that could have been here soon means we gotta wait for Pokka to turn sweet 16.

They are not signing oduya. He will want way to much. Why can't people just deal with what hawks are doing. They are in better shape then 2010

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I'm gonna groan about this for years. Sitting at #54 we had a chance to drive Swede D Kylington. That would have reminded me of sitting around and having Teuvo fall. Instead we go with a developmental LW that is going to take 4 years and never have an opportunity.

Why not a defensemen who you know is going to be at least a world class skater? Seems like he fit us perfectly. I don't get it. It was a miracle fall and I wish the Hawks capitalized.

They already have Gustav Forsling in the system. He is better than Kylington and is closer to the NHL.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember how fast Salmeleinen was? Or Skille? To bad they couldn't find the back of the net. No hands what so ever. I'm fine with the rebuild.

Stahlberg was on waivers, we could have had him on the Cheap. Think somebody picked him up though.

ginny

Liked Posts:

I can definately understand your concern over not taking a defenseman @ 54 with the need for a third line. My only rationale is that if the parent roster needs to potentially replace Bickell, Sharp, Versteeg, Carcillo and Desjardins (who I hope they re sign, but all LW), they will need to be replaced by A combination of Rockford and FA.

When you look at the prospect pool, there are a few LW that could be called up, and if so, would need to be back filled.

For what it's worth, the same argument could be made on the D side, but I think ( and could be way off base) that the LW prospect pool needs a little more immediate help than D.

And speaking of LW prospects...the newly acquired Panarin is intriguing, but what type of contract does he have regarding 1-2 way?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember how fast Salmeleinen was? Or Skille? To bad they couldn't find the back of the net. No hands what so ever. I'm fine with the rebuild.

Stahlberg was on waivers, we could have had him on the Cheap. Think somebody picked him up though.

Fuck you wino.

LONG LIVE ROB KLINKHAMMER, DANIS-PEPIN, EVAN BROPHEY, SHAWN LALONDE, BILL SWEATT and JAKE DOWELL!!!

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
1 way and if he does not stick with the Hawks he was given the option to return to Russia. (That being Panarin). I imagine he will probably be sticking because of the above post regarding the LW depth chart.