Should Jimmy Butler be "given" the starting job?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
lol well yeah...Jimmy's is probably the best defensive SG among these players. Like I said, Klay is the better offensive player, Jimmy is the better defensive player. So yes, take away Klay's strengths and Jimmy wins. Klay's offensive impact comes mainly from his elite 3 point shooting. It's what opens up everything else on offense for him. Much like how Jimmy's ability to get to the line sort of opens up everything for him (players now need to respect the driving game, so he's more open on jumpers, etc).

Anyway, I don't mean to discredit the thought of Jimmy providing more impact or whatever, I'm just saying that taking away scoring is taking away a significant potion of the argument because Klay's impact is derived from his scoring.

Maybe I worded that wrong....I just think overall he impacts a game more than Klay and makes his teammates better. Anthony Davis was worthless on offense in the NCAA championship yet he still outplayed everyone cause he impacts a game in multiple ways. Klay is good at what he does but I would still take jimmy over him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe I worded that wrong....I just think overall he impacts a game more than Klay and makes his teammates better. Anthony Davis was worthless on offense in the NCAA championship yet he still outplayed everyone cause he impacts a game in multiple ways. Klay is good at what he does but I would still take jimmy over him.
That's fair. I think I would agree. Jimmy's defensive impact will always be there, even if his offense isn't. Klay's a good defender too, but Jimmy is one of those impact perimeter defenders...he'll get the big steals and blocks and momentum changing plays like that. Plus Jimmy's got the rebounding edge, which can be huge if it's an offensive board. He does a lot of the little things. Klay's a big time scorer though, so you can't discount that imo which is why I'd say it's still debatable looking at the whole package.