Should Lovie be Fired?

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:
It's still a little soon after the loss to speculate! Being at the game and watching how inept the team was in the first half I have to believe it is very likely there will be a change in the coaching staff (bad play, bad play calling, poor decisions)! What change I don't know! The question remains is it a coaching issue or a talent issue. The A$$ Packers had no problem with losing all the starters they did and still assembling a very talented team! And not only that but had the talent and the game plan to march down on the opening posesstion and score in less than 10 plays! The Lovie timeout (twice in one season)! Now Cutler "problems" I don't know! No football next year! This sucks! GO STEELERS! Your thoughts!

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yup....we should get rid of the coach...and the QB...and prolly Urlacher and Peppers, too...they never won a SB in their career...I just hope we keep the o-line. Real promise there.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
It's still a little soon after the loss to speculate! Being at the game and watching how inept the team was in the first half I have to believe it is very likely there will be a change in the coaching staff (bad play, bad play calling, poor decisions)! What change I don't know! The question remains is it a coaching issue or a talent issue. The A$$ Packers had no problem with losing all the starters they did and still assembling a very talented team! And not only that but had the talent and the game plan to march down on the opening posesstion and score in less than 10 plays! The Lovie timeout (twice in one season)! Now Cutler "problems" I don't know! No football next year! This sucks! GO STEELERS! Your thoughts!

This is a terrible argument. The Bears tremendously over performed this season and ended up in the conference championship. They lost to a much better team. It happens. You don't fire everyone because you can't accept what you saw on the field yesterday.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
NO /thread

meathead

Liked Posts:
2 NFC championship appearances and 1 super bowl in 5 years. id say he's doing his job. a short term extension would be perfect

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
2 NFC championship appearances and 1 super bowl in 5 years. id say he's doing his job. a short term extension would be perfect

:yep:

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well answer this question: Has a coach that lost in the conference championship ever been fired afterwards?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
well answer this question: Has a coach that lost in the conference championship ever been fired afterwards?

IDK. Hint? I'll take a 50/50. :shifty:

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
J.A. already stated he has plans to extend his contract past 2011... So No.

Gator29

Lucky Charm
Liked Posts:
I say no firing to Lovie Smith, but quarterback should be replaced due to yesterday situation. Most quarterback would stay with their injuries regard unless it is life-threatening injuires. He was being pussy for leaving the game earlier.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say no firing to Lovie Smith, but quarterback should be replaced due to yesterday situation. Most quarterback would stay with their injuries regard unless it is life-threatening injuires. He was being pussy for leaving the game earlier.

First of all, it was not Jay Cutler's decision to sit.

Second of all, even if it was (which it wasn't) it is IDIOTIC to blame a guy for sitting out with an injury. Praise the ones who do it, but don't blame the guy who chooses not to risk his health/career.

By the way, Jay Cutler healthy isn't all that good. I'll take nearly any healthy NFL QB over a Jay Cutler who can't even plant his foot to step into his throws.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
First of all, it was not Jay Cutler's decision to sit.

Second of all, even if it was (which it wasn't) it is IDIOTIC to blame a guy for sitting out with an injury. Praise the ones who do it, but don't blame the guy who chooses not to risk his health/career.

By the way, Jay Cutler healthy isn't all that good. I'll take nearly any healthy NFL QB over a Jay Cutler who can't even plant his foot to step into his throws.

I've really come to notice that when Jay does plant his foot/feet, it's the one thing I believe Jay really needs to focus on when it comes to reviewing the tape. In the Jets game especially, I constantly noticed many of those great throws were when he planted that foot and fired--not lobbed--the ball right into the receiver's hands. If I had to understand the reason why he doesn't do this all the time it's probably because an instinctive reaction to seeing a DT/LB/CB about to get in his face, which in games he often lobs the ball out quickly. It's understandable, but something he needs to work on the most; getting rid of that fear or whatever is causing him to make those mistakes.

On the topic of Lovie, does he deserve another year? To be honest, no. Even with an 11-5 season, NFCN Division championship, and a good chance into the SB, he simply doesn't make good decisions for this team (most of the time). Martz often made the adjustments on the offense, which didn't always do well (though the players were at fault at least 1/4th of the time), and Rod did well for the most part in preparing or improving this defense. What has Lovie done to contribute to that? Rally the troops sometimes? Try to hold players accountable? The fact that they even let Colons--I mean Collins--replace Cutler is a sign that they're still holding onto their misguided beliefs that their coaching and decision-making abilities are beneficial to this team; they're not. So what if the players want to play for Lovie? He's dead weight to what this team needs.

Last edited:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Take's the team to the NFC Championship and you idiots still bark to can him.

This fan base may be the most Special person in all of professional sports.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Gator, you are 100% wrong and stupid for saying this. I want you to know this.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
Eh? I didn't say we should can him nor do I hate the guy as many others do. I mean despite his mistakes and poor-decision making it cannot be denied he's gotten the Bears farther than anyone before him, that is farther than every coach after Ditka. I'm just skeptical that he can sustain the success he's had this year. And maybe I'm completely wrong and it's Angelo's lack of drafting skills that has ultimately stopped the Bears from finding the talent that they need to complete all three phases. Either way, Lovie makes it hard to trust him. Props to him for the championship though. There have been some really great games this year.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
After 3 years of ziltch, you don't fire a head coach that gets you to the NFC Championship.

Replace him with somebody else and it's addition by subtraction?

I believe that would be subtraction by addition (of the new head coach).

I think more blame is on the players for not showing up vs Green Bay. Being outplayed by a better team, some poor officiating, and our franchise QB playing shitty all are the reasons we lost. Not because of Lovie Smith.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
That I agreed with in the other thread. GB made the plays necessary to win and the Bears couldn't find the success they had like in the Eagles victory. Even though Hanie almost brought them back too, his two interceptions, especially the pick-6 were not Lovie's fault.