Should Nagy be fired?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nagy>Mitch

give this guy a real qb and a TE and see how shitty his offense actauallt is.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nagy>Mitch

Won't fix the issue thats called the running game, but okay.

How many QB's you see succeeding around the league when the opposing d never stacks the box?

Ohh, and please. You act like finding a real TE is easy, much less a real QB. There is a reason we haven't had either on the bears in forever.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
G. Olse. They also stacked the box against K. Ort and T. Jon every time in 2005. D. Clar was also our leading receiver (not B. Ber) in 2006, Quit coddling M. Trub and stop being schizophrenic.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry. I don't think Mitch is very good, but I don't think Matt Nagy is either.

Nagy is a great leader of men. A horrible manager of clock/gametime decisions. And a horrible playcaller.

Just because he came from one of the greatest offensive minds in NFL history doesn't mean he is. What in his history actually shows he is elite? Like I stated, he was OC for the Chiefs for one season before we hired him. He only called plays the second half of the season. He is a major contributing factor for them losing a playoff game that year.

He's looking just as much fools gold as mitch is/was.

msadows

Liked Posts:
G. Olse. They also stacked the box against K. Ort and T. Jon every time in 2005. D. Clar was also our leading receiver (not B. Ber) in 2006, Quit coddling M. Trub and stop being schizophrenic.

Greg olsen was not a great tight end on the bears. He was above average at best. Martellus Bennet was a better TE than him and I don't even consider him good.

I don't think you understood what I meant by the run game. When your run game is god awful, teams don't stack the box. Monty is seeing no where near the stacked boxes that jordan howard did. They aren't stacking it this year. They are forcing mitch to beat them, and he can't. Not too many QB's in the nfl can in that scenario. Mitch for sure is not good enough to beat a team doing that.

Usually against a bad QB you do the opposite, you stop the run game and have him beat your single coverage. They aren't even worried about our run game at all because it doesn't exist. Not too many QB's can win that way unfortunately. Patty is one of those. Deshaun as well. Mitch is not.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Won't fix the issue thats called the running game, but okay.I’d rather fix the ineptitude and incompetence at the QB position, thanks.

How many QB's you see succeeding around the league when the opposing d never stacks the box?have you watched great QBs play?

Ohh, and please. You act like finding a real TE is easy, much less a real QB. There is a reason we haven't had either on the bears in forever. Zack Miller says hi. Marcellus Bennett says hi. Those are two guys in recent memory. But yeah, “forever”

Visionman

Liked Posts:
....but to this day I don't get why Pace would take a guy in the 1st round with only a yr. of exp. It made no sense. Oh wait....
didn't Haskins ( Qb for D.C. outta OSU) only have a yr. ? But still Trubz has got to be the first.
I'm going to take a guess there have been several "one year wonders" that get drafted high. Usually from bigger college programs though. Teams draft for talent, not experience...

Trayhezy

Liked Posts:
Nagy>Mitch

Honest question....

You seem to think Nagy is good and his "only" problem is trubisky....

If you want Nagy to stick around are you (or he) willing to risk it all on Keenum, or Mariota, or Dalton or other cast offs?

Getting one of these types who have been benched elsewhere, if the offense is still bad then Nagy has to go, right?

You have to get a new young guy and coach him up if you are Nagy, vs taking a chance on someone else's throw away, wouldn't you?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm going to take a guess there have been several "one year wonders" that get drafted high. Usually from bigger college programs though. Teams draft for talent, not experience...

Yes but who are the other college "one year wonders" ? I'm trying to think of them

Teams draft for talent, not experience...

But how did Trubz have more talent and accomplishments than the others after only one yr. ?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone watching the Vikings game tonight?

Nagy just might be calling the plays

Same Game Plan
Same Plays
Same Result!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Honest question....

You seem to think Nagy is good and his "only" problem is trubisky....

If you want Nagy to stick around are you (or he) willing to risk it all on Keenum, or Mariota, or Dalton or other cast offs?

Getting one of these types who have been benched elsewhere, if the offense is still bad then Nagy has to go, right?

You have to get a new young guy and coach him up if you are Nagy, vs taking a chance on someone else's throw away, wouldn't you?
I don’t think Nagy is good but I also realize his offense is ran by a bad QB with no TE. If I choose between him or Mitch, I’m taking Nagy.

I don’t want him to stick around. I just know they’re not eating 3 years of his contract and they’d be insane go to into next season with Mitch as a starter in Nagys offense. They make each other worse.

as I’ve been saying all season, if I’m the bears I’m getting one of the cheaper veterans and drafting a young QB until I find one. But I don’t think they’re starting a young guy unless Pace trades away more picks to snag one of the first rounders. I think Keenum is a guy who’s better than Mitch and hopefully gives you enough to make it back to the playoffs with this defense.

Trayhezy

Liked Posts:
I don’t think Nagy is good but I also realize his offense is ran by a bad QB with no TE. If I choose between him or Mitch, I’m taking Nagy.

I don’t want him to stick around. I just know they’re not eating 3 years of his contract and they’d be insane go to into next season with Mitch as a starter in Nagys offense. They make each other worse.

as I’ve been saying all season, if I’m the bears I’m getting one of the cheaper veterans and drafting a young QB until I find one. But I don’t think they’re starting a young guy unless Pace trades away more picks to snag one of the first rounders. I think Keenum is a guy who’s better than Mitch and hopefully gives you enough to make it back to the playoffs with this defense.

OK. I get what you are saying and your position is not far from mine.

I just think that you could easily get another coach who could scheme a run game and improve the line and coach well enough to get Keenum level play out of Mitch and hopefully give you enough to make it back to the playoffs with this defense.

Either way we are in agreement that Nagy is not good enough to stick with so he needs to go. Whether the Bears do it or not is another issue.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
....but to this day I don't get why Pace would take a guy in the 1st round with only a yr. of exp. It made no sense. Oh wait....
didn't Haskins ( Qb for D.C. outta OSU) only have a yr. ? But still Trubz has got to be the first.

I am not sure what you are saying. I thought we had agreed that we have a QB problem.

we did agree. We're good

.....I was just ( thinking out loud) & adding to what we were talking about while still trying to think of a 1st round Qb with a yr. of college exp.

Trayhezy

Liked Posts:
I’ve only watched 5 games this year. In those 5 games we scored over 20 one time and that was the Cowboys game. This offensive scheme seems to be a joke. I cannot figure out the blocking schemes on the o-line. I know Trubisky sucks but it’s not just him. I think Nagy has been exposed. He was brought in to be some offensive genius and this offense is 30th in the league in scoring . I think last year was a product of a weak schedule and a dominant defense. So that’s my opinion what do the rest of you think.

I agree with this assessment. The whole offense has regressed.
The QB is worse than last year...
The Oline is worse than last year...
The WR are worse than last year...
The Running game is worse than last year...

Any one of these things by itself can be reasoned away.
ALL of these things regressing is a direct result of the Head Coach, even moreso when he is supposedly an offensive coach.

I also think he is too stubborn to adjust what he is doing to fix some of these issues and going to try to wait to get more players to fit "his scheme" than working with what he has.

I would prefer to see a new offensive coach who can adjust schemes to fit the players he has and give him a chance to pick his QB and "build" an offense.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Nagy definitely deserves one more year. Schedule, injuries, inadequate QB play, poor RB play, none of that is on Nagy. These are professional players who are expected to deliver and they haven't. Making the playoffs as a first year coach was impressive last season. Things haven't gone the Bears way this year, but IMO he should get 1 more season to turn it back around.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
:unsure:So I guess we need to start a list of HC's for Nagy's replacement?

Ron Rivera......Old Bear. Aggressive "D". Been to a SB.
Eric Bieniemy ....OC , KC..... yeah I know BUT he would make a commitment to the running game
Lincoln Riley.......head coach at the University of Oklahoma.

Ron Rivera......Old Bear. Aggressive "D". Been to a SB.
Eric Bieniemy ....OC , KC..... yeah I know BUT he would make a commitment to the running game
Lincoln Riley.......head coach at the University of Oklahoma.
Leslie Frazier.....Old Beast Mode Bear. Elite DB player development. Players coach (guys want to win for him). Classier than any of the aforementioned guys. Won SB as player. Won SB as coach. Led Vikings to playoffs in short head-coaching stint. Hometown guy who deserves a chance to be the hometown hero.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lol.

Get lincoln Riley and draft Jalen Hurts. Done.