Should Nagy Force the DBs to Pass Tackling Training?

Should Nagy Force the DBs to Pass Tackling Training?

• No - hitting without wrapping up the ball carrier is a valid NFL option.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Good points. Mitch and the offense... performed-executed, better under Lazor. But yes, much of the time the offense looks disorganized, out of sync and unprepared. I've noticed this for yrs. What's frustrating is it seems there's never any accountabilty
Yep. I gave Nagy mad points for giving up play calling. That's what a man of good character does.

This Nagy' try to fix things was a marked improvement. And then consistent with Nagy's behavior, he stopped doing what was working.

Comon, Man, give it back to Lasor and be a great HC instead.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
True, but the whole offense was executing really well under Lasor. That means players knew what they were doing, and were doing it like well prepared professional football players. That's huge.

You can get beat by a better defense, but if you're executing well, at least it's an entertaining game, and any given Sunday you got a chance.
Good points. Mitch and the offense... performed-executed, better under Lazor. But yes, much of the time the offense looks disorganized, out of sync and unprepared. I've noticed this for yrs. What's frustrating is it seems there's never any accountabilty

Yep. I gave Nagy mad points for giving up play calling. That's what a man of good character does.

This Nagy' try to fix things was a marked improvement. And then consistent with Nagy's behavior, he stopped doing was was working.

Comon, Man, give it back to Lasor and be a great HC instead.

Unfortunately, Nagy no doubt has an ego when it comes to play calling. Ego keeps him from giving up playing calling and doing what's best for the team. Heck....if a HC like Arians can give up play calling, so should somebody like Nagy. Nagy seems to have a need too be viewed as a so called " offensive genius".:rolleyes:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
@Sculpt

If you're the Bears ownership, what would moving forward?
Basically... I would tell Pace (or he's out) to tell Nagy to make Lasor the acting OC and offensive play caller; in which Nagy would be only in a supportive role, Lasor having executive authority (or Nagy can resign). And direct Nagy to require his DBs go through tackling training and make them stop shoulder-bumping instead of tackling. If there aren't results in these fronts, there's likely to be a change in HC.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure there is. Nagy blames the QBs and swaps OL all the time. Of course, he's the one that puts them in a position to fail so it's all a waste.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Basically... I would tell Pace (or he's out) to tell Nagy to make Lasor the acting OC and offensive play caller; in which Nagy would be only in a supportive role, Lasor having executive authority (or Nagy can resign). And direct Nagy to require his DBs go through tackling training and make them stop shoulder-bumping instead of tackling. If there aren't results in these fronts, there's likely to be a change in HC.
Nagy needs to go. He'd still be making in game decisions and influence the game plan. Lazor as HC/OC and playcaller with Defillipo as defacto asst. OC to install what Lazor wants. Tell Lazor he's auditioning but to expect to have competition for the job this offseason.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Well ya know "shoulder-bumping " works in Madden ?

But seriously....you're correct. Make Nagy give up play calling. I like this>>>>"If there aren't results in these fronts, there's likely to be a change in HC."

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Commas are the difference between:

“Go help uncle Jack, off a horse” & “Go help uncle jackoff a horse”

No, that is 100% incorrect.

I love it when a moron wants to teach people about things he is completely clueless on.

But please don't stop, you crack me up.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, that is 100% incorrect.

I love it when a moron wants to teach people about things he is completely clueless on.

But please don't stop, you crack me up.
Wow, I bet you're a blast a parties it was a fucking joke you chode.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Nagy needs to go. He'd still be making in game decisions and influence the game plan. Lazor as HC/OC and playcaller with Defillipo as defacto asst. OC to install what Lazor wants. Tell Lazor he's auditioning but to expect to have competition for the job this offseason.
Yeah, I know you're right about that. I just have a hard time not giving someone a clear message and chance to correct the ship. It's easy to say he's had 3 years already, but I don't know what he's been told by Pace, ownership or someone he really respects.

You think Pace ever said to Nagy, "Matt, I tell you this as a friend and GM, you're not good enough as an offensive schemer and game play caller. You need to stop calling the offense."?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I know you're right about that. I just have a hard time not giving someone a clear message and chance to correct the ship. It's easy to say he's had 3 years already, but I don't know what he's been told by Pace, ownership or someone he really respects.

You think Pace ever said to Nagy, "Matt, I tell you this as a friend and GM, you're not good enough as an offensive schemer and game play caller. You need to stop calling the offense."?
I don't because at that point, the writing is on the wall. It's a GM doing the HCs job on how to delegate. If your HC was hired to fix the O and not that good at building the run game, D (which makes absolutely no sense) or game management and you take away the O, what are you left with? A player's coach that does little coaching and can't relate a cogent thought/phrase?

For me, being a HC is less about running either side of the ball and more about helping your coordinators scheme both their game plans for the opponent while making good decisions before and during the game. It could be your O or D but you shouldn't be running the day to day on either side to allow a greater overview. We don't have a properly integrated run game, we can't run proper screens, the O doesn't have any positive identity whatsoever. No go to when things aren't working. That's a lack of HC schemes and directives.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I don't because at that point, the writing is on the wall. It's a GM doing the HCs job on how to delegate. If your HC was hired to fix the O and not that good at building the run game, D (which makes absolutely no sense) or game management and you take away the O, what are you left with? A player's coach that does little coaching and can't relate a cogent thought/phrase?

For me, being a HC is less about running either side of the ball and more about helping your coordinators scheme both their game plans for the opponent while making good decisions before and during the game. It could be your O or D but you shouldn't be running the day to day on either side to allow a greater overview. We don't have a properly integrated run game, we can't run proper screens, the O doesn't have any positive identity whatsoever. No go to when things aren't working. That's a lack of HC schemes and directives.
Agreed. But you're kind of saying what I'm saying... the part about a HC just being a HC and letting the coordinators run their own ship.

If Nagy could just get out of the way, and just support the coordinators, it could work.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed. But you're kind of saying what I'm saying... the part about a HC just being a HC and letting the coordinators run their own ship.

If Nagy could just get out of the way, and just support the coordinators, it could work.
I( considered that in the past but then where's the value added for a guy that can't help scheme D has proven little help at o and isn't a grat game manager. I get that the players play for him but it's not enough and I have my doubts how long that last with such a poor communicator. I always give players and coaches the benefit of doubt to develop or grow into their gigs but even for the patient, there comes a time for determination and not learning from last year's mistakes made the early fail this year a slam dunk. Of course, he could it could turn around 180* and prove me wrong and I'd be thrilled about it but...nah.

How TF did Nagy pass the pre hire mock presser test? Does he say more when there's nothing to say?

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wow, I bet you're a blast a parties it was a fucking joke you chode.

Your exceptional sense of humor always shines through. What a delight!!!!