Should the Bulls Give Fans Their Money Back?

Liked Posts:
A few years ago the Rattlers of the Arena Football League promised all season ticket holders their money back if they did not advance to the playoffs.

It's very likely there are Bulls season ticket holders who post and contribute to this forum. If the Bulls do not make it to the playoffs this year do you feel the organization should adapt this policy? Would you welcome this notion of receiving a full refund if they don't make it to the postseason?

Isn't this an incentive that will generate better effort and production on the floor? Wouldn't this motivate the team to make the playoffs again?

I mean, let's face it. You let Ben Gordon walk for nothing. You buy Timmy T out of his contract and make him look like a fruit sundae or somethin...and then you have John Paxson and what does he do?

He takes Lindsey Hunter. He takes John Salmons. He takes Brad Miller. He takes Generic Pargo...

The way the roster stands right now there is no way this team is making the playoffs. I can't even see us winning 25 games next year. I honestly can't. But this would motivate them.

Even if you don't have season tickets should more teams promise "The Playoffs or your money back?"

Do you think there's any chance Reinsdorf might consider doing this?

I think this would give Bulls fans and others something to hope for.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Re:Should Teams Give Fans Their Money Back?

No chance Reinsdorf does this. Well, maybe on second thought...a very very very small chance. Great policy though :D

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Re:Should Teams Give Fans Their Money Back?

clonetrooper264 wrote:
No chance Reinsdorf does this. Well, maybe on second thought...a very very very small chance. Great policy though :D

Atlanta Hawks did that when they guaranteed the playoffs when the landed Big Dog and Reef. They only gave money back to season ticket holder though.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
A few years ago the Rattlers of the Arena Football League promised all season ticket holders their money back if they did not advance to the playoffs.

It's very likely there are Bulls season ticket holders who post and contribute to this forum. If the Bulls do not make it to the playoffs this year do you feel the organization should adapt this policy? Would you welcome this notion of receiving a full refund if they don't make it to the postseason?

Isn't this an incentive that will generate better effort and production on the floor? Wouldn't this motivate the team to make the playoffs again?

I mean, let's face it. You let Ben Gordon walk for nothing. You buy Timmy T out of his contract and make him look like a fruit sundae or somethin...and then you have John Paxson and what does he do?

He takes Lindsey Hunter. He takes John Salmons. He takes Brad Miller. He takes Generic Pargo...

The way the roster stands right now there is no way this team is making the playoffs. I can't even see us winning 25 games next year. I honestly can't. But this would motivate them.

Even if you don't have season tickets should more teams promise "The Playoffs or your money back?"

Is this really a serious post? Your friggin complaining about Tim Thomas being bought out? Let me give you trip down memory lane game 3 of the playoffs. Were getting it handed it to us and Tim Thomas came in to give us a spark and was the worst basketball I ever seen. He didn't even give a crap. Your seriously don't see this team winning 25 games? This team is improved from last year as James Johnson will improve the pick and roll game, Noah will improve drastically and healthy Deng will improve the team's defensive rebounding. Rose should take a leap and their will be improved defense with now Del Harris gone. Your friggin complaining about the Hunter signing when he helped the team greatly. He helped mentor Rose, along with Tyrus and Noah. He set examples for the young kids and its no wonder Noah started to improve after Lindsey set example for Noah. One of the most crucials moments in game 6 after Gordon gets techincal after picking up his 5 foul who else was there to calm down Gordon, but Hunter. Whether you like their plan or not the Bulls finally have an idea of what they want to do and seems like good one that could work out

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:

Is this really a serious post? Your friggin complaining about Tim Thomas being bought out? Let me give you trip down memory lane game 3 of the playoffs. Were getting it handed it to us and Tim Thomas came in to give us a spark and was the worst basketball I ever seen. He didn't even give a crap. Your seriously don't see this team winning 25 games? This team is improved from last year as James Johnson will improve the pick and roll game, Noah will improve drastically and healthy Deng will improve the team's defensive rebounding. Rose should take a leap and their will be improved defense with now Del Harris gone. Your friggin complaining about the Hunter signing when he helped the team greatly. He helped mentor Rose, along with Tyrus and Noah. He set examples for the young kids and its no wonder Noah started to improve after Lindsey set example for Noah. One of the most crucials moments in game 6 after Gordon gets techincal after picking up his 5 foul who else was there to calm down Gordon, but Hunter. Whether you like their plan or not the Bulls finally have an idea of what they want to do and seems like good one that could work out

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
The problem with buying out Tim Thomas is that the Bulls gave up another asset. First Gordon, now an expiring contract.

Yes, we still have expiring contracts, but now we may have to trade Brad Miller instead of Tim Thomas in a trade involving an expiring.

However, it has become somewhat clear to me with today's move that the Bulls have no intention of making a trade this season, and if they do, it will be just a cap dump of Hinrich or Salmons. They are going to take their cap flexibility into 2010.

That's not how I would run things. I would have kept Gordon (obviously), and used the expiring contracts at the deadline to bring in some good talent, that's just on long term contracts, whose team wants to get rid of to build up more cap space.

However, it's clear that the Bulls want to take all of their cap flexibility into next summer, and not use it at the deadline, so because of the Bulls' plan, cutting Tim Thomas won't matter at all.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
You must be forgetting about Jerome James contract. What talent do you think will be available at the deadline because if we didn't get anybody we would have no chance of winning a title.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Well I agree with P03 in that Thomas' contract could have been used to bring in a Bosh, Amare, or Boozer. Plus if they didn't want to waste money why did they just pay out the 6mil instead of trade it for something worth that? Seems to be a strange move after letting Gordon walk.

I don't think they will be a 25 win team but I don't know if they will be better than last year. I am not counting on rookies at all, if Johnson ends up contributing that would be great but I can't expect that. I also can't expect Deng to stay healthy so it will be tough for them to make the playoffs next year, a lot is riding on Rose, imo too much.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
You must be forgetting about Jerome James contract. What talent do you think will be available at the deadline because if we didn't get anybody we would have no chance of winning a title.

Josh Smith, Emeka Okafor, Gerald Wallace, Boris Diaw, Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Elton Brand, Andrew Bogut, Michael Redd, Antawn Jamison, Jason Terry, Nene, Monta Ellis, Corey Maggette, Stephen Jackson, Zach Randolph, Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, Peja Stojakovic, Tyson Chandler, Jason Richardson, Andrei Kirileinko, Kevin Martin.

Not all of them will become available for that, but a good portion of them could.

Imagine taking last years team and doing Tyrus Thomas and Tim Thomas for Emeka Okafor.

And following that up with Jerome James, Demarcus Nelson, and Linton Johnson for Andrew Bogut.

You could all of a sudden of had:

PG-Derrick Rose (36) / Kirk Hinrich (12)
SG-Ben Gordon (36) / Kirk Hinrich (12)
SF-Luol Deng (24) / John Salmons (24)
PF-Emeka Okafor (32) / Joakim Noah (10) /James Johnson (6)
C - Andrew Bogut (32) / Joakim Noah (16)

Have that as our main rotation. Putting together an explosive offensive trio on the perimeter with good defensive big men. Rose/Gordon/Hinrich/Deng/Salmons are all capable of playing big minutes, so when Deng goes down with his annual injury, you have plenty of perimeter depth. You still have Brad Miller in the mix, and James Johnson, and even Taj Gibson if Okafor or Bogut get injured.

That's what I wanted to see the Bulls do this trade deadline / season (obviously going for an Amare/Bosh first, but settling on guysl ike Okafor or Bogut).

Why didn't we go this path, even though it seems like the way to at the very least get our team up to a point where we have a floor of 50 win team? Because it costs a lot of money, and that's not what our organization is all about.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

Josh Smith, Emeka Okafor, Gerald Wallace, Boris Diaw, Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Elton Brand, Andrew Bogut, Michael Redd, Antawn Jamison, Jason Terry, Nene, Monta Ellis, Corey Maggette, Stephen Jackson, Zach Randolph, Baron Davis, Chris Kaman, Peja Stojakovic, Tyson Chandler, Jason Richardson, Andrei Kirileinko, Kevin Martin.

Not all of them will become available for that, but a good portion of them could.

Imagine taking last years team and doing Tyrus Thomas and Tim Thomas for Emeka Okafor.

And following that up with Jerome James, Demarcus Nelson, and Linton Johnson for Andrew Bogut.

You could all of a sudden of had:

PG-Derrick Rose (36) / Kirk Hinrich (12)
SG-Ben Gordon (36) / Kirk Hinrich (12)
SF-Luol Deng (24) / John Salmons (24)
PF-Emeka Okafor (32) / Joakim Noah (10) /James Johnson (6)
C - Andrew Bogut (32) / Joakim Noah (16)

Have that as our main rotation. Putting together an explosive offensive trio on the perimeter with good defensive big men. Rose/Gordon/Hinrich/Deng/Salmons are all capable of playing big minutes, so when Deng goes down with his annual injury, you have plenty of perimeter depth. You still have Brad Miller in the mix, and James Johnson, and even Taj Gibson if Okafor or Bogut get injured.

That's what I wanted to see the Bulls do this trade deadline / season (obviously going for an Amare/Bosh first, but settling on guysl ike Okafor or Bogut).

Why didn't we go this path, even though it seems like the way to at the very least get our team up to a point where we have a floor of 50 win team? Because it costs a lot of money, and that's not what our organization is all about.

I like those moves or a combo of those other guys you mentioned. I think Bulls magangement is banking on getting a guy 2010 and that is just too risky to me. Especially given the Bulls track record of signing free agents which is basically blank as far as I'm concerned.

Gar Foreman had his reasons that seemed logical for letting Ben Gordon go in Doug's interview but it was a move for cap space 2010 he admitted. Half the league has cap room and most players will probably end up staying with their clubs, the odds are against landing a great player. Good luck Gar.

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Your friggin complaining about Tim Thomas being bought out? Let me give you trip down memory lane game 3 of the playoffs. Were getting it handed it to us and Tim Thomas came in to give us a spark and was the worst basketball I ever seen. He didn't even give a crap. Your seriously don't see this team winning 25 games? This team is improved from last year as James Johnson will improve the pick and roll game, Noah will improve drastically and healthy Deng will improve the team's defensive rebounding. Rose should take a leap and their will be improved defense with now Del Harris gone. Your friggin complaining about the Hunter signing when he helped the team greatly. He helped mentor Rose, along with Tyrus and Noah. He set examples for the young kids and its no wonder Noah started to improve after Lindsey set example for Noah. One of the most crucials moments in game 6 after Gordon gets techincal after picking up his 5 foul who else was there to calm down Gordon, but Hunter. Whether you like their plan or not the Bulls finally have an idea of what they want to do and seems like good one that could work out[/quote]

But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about whether or not teams should provide a full refund to its season ticket purse holders if and when this team misses the playoffs.

You rightfully pointed out an instance when Timmy stunk it up a little bit but it was just one time. Can we not do this with every player? If we really rack our brains we can even use that same logic with Michael...

Truth be told...cutting Tim loose is gonna hurt us and our season.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
well that would make the GM have only motivation to put out only enough to make the playoffs, like a miami. they're not good enough to do anything, but they're not bad enough to get a lottery pick. do you want to be stuck in that for possibly even decades?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I like those moves or a combo of those other guys you mentioned. I think Bulls magangement is banking on getting a guy 2010 and that is just too risky to me. Especially given the Bulls track record of signing free agents which is basically blank as far as I'm concerned.

Gar Foreman had his reasons that seemed logical for letting Ben Gordon go in Doug's interview but it was a move for cap space 2010 he admitted. Half the league has cap room and most players will probably end up staying with their clubs, the odds are against landing a great player. Good luck Gar.

Half the league has cap room but if you have a parade of all-time greats available, you take a shot, unless you are already a contender. The Bulls have not been a contender in 10 years. So I am sure they will make a token push at least at Lebron and a serious push for Wade. Lebron is potentially the greatest basketball player to ever be born on this planet, you gotta take a shot. DWade is a walking, talking HOFer who is still years from 30.

You can never predict these things, but believe me, people will be upset if a Wade is walking around (figuratively) looking for somewhere to go that best fits what he wants to do, which is win. Amare, Bosh, Boozer, these are very good players but Lebron and Wade have to be looked at, and you will need the money to talk to them. Fans will never forgive the Bulls if they don't make a push of some kind. The talk these last few weeks though of "The Bulls will never land a good player because people will pay attention to how they treated BG..." is a pile of crap. Money talks, period.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:

Just when did this level of fan martyrdom become so fashionable?

We're now outraged over Tim Thomas getting cut. Tim Thomas! You complain that we made Tim Thomas look bad. Tim Thomas!

1) We still have Jerome James' deal to use for trades. It works just as well as Tim's.

2) You're upset that Paxson "took" Brad Miller & John Salmons? They propeled the team into the freakin' playoffs. You'd be hard pressed to find a guy on a veteran salary who is a better contract bargain than Salmons.

I understand that people are upset that Gordon left for nothing. I don't understand how that adds up to every move this organization has ever or will ever made being a mistake.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Is it me or Jerry just wants the profit because he don't like spending money to get players. This dude is cheaper than Carl Winslow. I never thought I would hear the day he didn't want to pay Michael Jordan more than 60 million. Pimpin Jerry!