Should the lakers get the chicago bulls in the trade talks for howard?

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would the Bulls get in on the Howard talks if it's not to get Howard?

Bynum? He's decent and has a lot of upside, but I don't want him here.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Some dumb stuff...'he's decent and has a lot of upside...but I don't want him here...for Noah" OK!

How friggin' dumb is that??? An all star center with a lot of upside? Good grief that's stupid...

Anyway this is a nice idea, but Orlando doesn't want Noah and Taj, they want draft picks. A bunch of draft picks...and decent ones. This trade scenario offers them nothing close to that.

But this thread offers a bit of irony. The "garpaxdoesnothing" crowd seems only interested in trading for a small group of players without giving up anything outside of Boozer. Asking for Bynum and then saying you don't have a chance to win with him for the next 6 years doesn't make sense either.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
and we get a +1 in wins?
make it happen GarPax

that's just a link to the trade machine, not to your specific scenario. Sorry bud :shrug:

funny_gif_83459379.gif

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why would the Bulls get in on the Howard talks if it's not to get Howard?

Bynum? He's decent and has a lot of upside, but I don't want him here.

uh, he's the 2nd best center in the league...he's a little more than decent

the fact that he still has upside to fulfill implies that he could be even better than he is, and he's already averaging 18 and 11...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
uh, he's the 2nd best center in the league...he's a little more than decent

the fact that he still has upside to fulfill implies that he could be even better than he is, and he's already averaging 18 and 11...
18 and 11 on a team with Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant...as the 3rd option.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
18 and 11 on a team with Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant...as the 3rd option.

One could say though that teams have focused their defense on Kobe and Pau, one could question how Bynum responds when teams have to key in on him in the post.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
One could say though that teams have focused their defense on Kobe and Pau, one could question how Bynum responds when teams have to key in on him in the post.

true, but one could think this may be a bit leveled out by bynum becoming more involved offensively

either way, 18 and 11 is impressive...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
true, but one could think this may be a bit leveled out by bynum becoming more involved offensively

either way, 18 and 11 is impressive...
:yep:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i would do this

its not gonna happen tho

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Some dumb stuff...'he's decent and has a lot of upside...but I don't want him here...for Noah" OK!

How friggin' dumb is that??? An all star center with a lot of upside? Good grief that's stupid...

Anyway this is a nice idea, but Orlando doesn't want Noah and Taj, they want draft picks. A bunch of draft picks...and decent ones. This trade scenario offers them nothing close to that.

But this thread offers a bit of irony. The "garpaxdoesnothing" crowd seems only interested in trading for a small group of players without giving up anything outside of Boozer. Asking for Bynum and then saying you don't have a chance to win with him for the next 6 years doesn't make sense either.

:clap:

Id give up Noah,Boozer and Deng for Bynum right now.

Id give Orlando the whole goddam Bulls team for Howard, Rose not included of course. :smug:

Last edited:

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have my opinion and fuck you if you don't like it.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I have my opinion and fuck you if you don't like it.

who do you want on this team?

not tryin to be a ass or anything but im just wondering...because it seems like every name brought up here you dont want

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

not tryin to be a ass or anything but im just wondering...because it seems like every name brought up here you dont want

He has no clue...plain and simple.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

not tryin to be a ass or anything but I'm just wondering...because it seems like every name brought up here you dont want

I wanted Wade and Bosh in 2010 because they filled a need the Bulls had and they had the money to sign them. We all know how that turned out. I would've liked Ray Allen for what Miami got him for, but that didn't happen. There was a nice amount of solid players that signed for nothing with other teams that Bulls sat idly by and let happen.

They had plenty of opportunity to improve the team and didn't. Once Rose went out it was obvious that this team going forward wasn't going to get it done, so i figured that out of the leaving Bench Mob players, that Korver would be back for his offense. That didn't happen either. I thought the Bulls would extend Asik before he got an offer sheet from another team, that didn't happen.

So we are stuck with a broken Kirk Hinrich, old Nazr Mohammed, Marco Belinelli, Jimmy Butler, and Marquis Teague.

So I don't even know who I want on this team anymore. I'm just so frustrated with them right now.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would've liked Ray Allen for what Miami got him for, but that didn't happen. There was a nice amount of solid players that signed for nothing with other teams that Bulls sat idly by and let happen.

Why did those players sign for "nothing" with other teams though, and which teams were they? Yeah, the good teams that will be in contention for the title next season. The Bulls won't be. So why would they sign here for even less that they signed somewhere else [guys like Terry, Lee, Mayo, etc.] if they could either get more money with a team that also isn't competing for a title next season or sign with a team that has a chance at the title? The Bulls were offering neither.

They had plenty of opportunity to improve the team and didn't. Once Rose went out it was obvious that this team going forward wasn't going to get it done, so i figured that out of the leaving Bench Mob players, that Korver would be back for his offense. That didn't happen either. I thought the Bulls would extend Asik before he got an offer sheet from another team, that didn't happen.

Why would Korver need to come back though? We aren't going anywhere next season, he's not in the long-term plans and we got a 3.5 million dollar cheaper replacement in Belinelli.

And I'm happy we didn't extend Asik. He's easily replaceable and we could get someone better in the next couple of seasons.

We didn't really have many opportunities to improve this off-season. It was all about saving money.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why did those players sign for "nothing" with other teams though, and which teams were they? Yeah, the good teams that will be in contention for the title next season. The Bulls won't be. So why would they sign here for even less that they signed somewhere else [guys like Terry, Lee, Mayo, etc.] if they could either get more money with a team that also isn't competing for a title next season or sign with a team that has a chance at the title? The Bulls were offering neither.

Why would Korver need to come back though? We aren't going anywhere next season, he's not in the long-term plans and we got a 3.5 million dollar cheaper replacement in Belinelli.

And I'm happy we didn't extend Asik. He's easily replaceable and we could get someone better in the next couple of seasons.

We didn't really have many opportunities to improve this off-season. It was all about saving money.

Then, they did a bang up job this off season.