Tana Patrick LB Alabama
Lee Pegues DT East Carolina
Cody Booth TE Temple
Ryan Groy OG Wisconsin
Don Shumpert WR Iowa

Reactions: WCL

Hawkwitty

Liked Posts:
Jones SHOULD compete immediately at SLB. Bostic by most accounts is more of a Will. Jones has that pass rush ability. Senn or Greene is going to get cut. Greene better come in with his weigh right or it will probably be him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So with UDFA players, do teams basically call up the player saying they are interested and the player then just picks what team he wants to go to? Is that why it is more likely that a player goes somewhere close to home?
I'm sure whoever offers the most money to them has a lot to do with it.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
or the chance to play on a contender, too.

Liked Posts:
I wanted us to draft Jones in the 6th. We still end up with him.

Even worse I wanted him in the 4th. I just hope he gets a real shot as a coverage LB where I think he stands a good chance to be another Nick Roach, just a lot more athletic, faster & better in coverage. If he is used as a run defending SAM or as a LEO he will have trouble. Florida State really shouldn't have moved him to their LEO position when the kid was one top rated LB's heading into 2013 as a coverage LB.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You tuyS are really making me excited about a jones

Liked Posts:
You tuyS are really making me excited about a jones

Heading into this draft one thing I was hoping for was a future core of LB's consisting of Green, Bostic on the outside, & Jones on the inside. I really do hope that Jones is given a full year to just learn the playbook, play ST, & get the opportunity that both Greene & Bostic really didn't to develop while learning the system.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Don Shumpert ‏@dshump8 6h
Thank God for the Opportunity. Chicago Bears!

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Tom James ‏@TribStarTJames 5h
Former IndState C FN Lutz received an invitation to next weekend's Chicago Bears rookie mini-camp. Congrats FN. One of the good guys.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
has anybody gone over the entire roster as it stands to speculate who will be on our final 53? just curious.

Liked Posts:
Love the Christian Jones signing. I know this isn't a good comparison but what if he was this years Vontaze Burfict. that would be pretty cool.

Could be, I think Jones is a very talented & athletic LB who has a very good chance for a UDFA to stick if given the chance to play at what he does best. Burfict was more of a run defender where Christian Jones is on of the few LB's I've seen able to play tight man coverage with consistency vs not only TE but also WR's, as well as drop back into his hook & flat zones, which is rare when a LB can play man coverage, on top of the usual hook & flat zone coverage most LB's are asked to do.

I really hope Jones gets a shot to develop & stick as a predominant coverage LB that the Bears really do lack.

bp10

Liked Posts:
Congrats to 7SG client Adam Kennedy as he is headed to the Windy City! #Bears #7SG @AKennedy_2 pic.twitter.com/YGS0WO9kAW

QB from Arkansas State. Mini camp invite

TL1961

Liked Posts:
or the chance to play on a contender, too.

May be just the opposite. A noncontender gives them more opportunity to possibly earn a roster spot and see playing time.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Could be, I think Jones is a very talented & athletic LB who has a very good chance for a UDFA to stick if given the chance to play at what he does best. Burfict was more of a run defender where Christian Jones is on of the few LB's I've seen able to play tight man coverage with consistency vs not only TE but also WR's, as well as drop back into his hook & flat zones, which is rare when a LB can play man coverage, on top of the usual hook & flat zone coverage most LB's are asked to do.

I really hope Jones gets a shot to develop & stick as a predominant coverage LB that the Bears really do lack.

I will be surprised if Jones doesn't make the team.