Since it seems like its going to be Thibs, who else is ecstatic about this?

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Its being reported by two independant sources that its imminent that the Thibs will be our guy.

I feel really good about this. I dont think Vinny was garbage. He did some good things but he definitely had his flaws. It seems like Thibs is the opposite of Vinny. He's a proven tactician who is ascending to the head coaching position. Vinny came down from the front office to be a head coach and hadnt really proven anything as a tactician/Xs and Os guy. He also hangs his hat on defense, which is something Vinny didnt do.

Also, he signed with WWW a few weeks ago, so, this shouldnt discourage us getting LeBron in anyway. If LeBron doesnt come to Chicago, I dont think it will be because of Thibs. I also like Thibs regardless of whether we get LeBron and along those lines, I think this makes sense to LeBron to be a planet and not the sun. I think it will make it easier for him to excel if he's a planet and not the sun. Basically, this is a hire thats about competence as much as it is appeasement.

If its going to be someone like Thibs (ie someone youd feel good about even if we dont get LeBron), I think signing him now, would allow for us to draft accordingly.

Chicago4Ever

Liked Posts:
Its being reported by two independant sources that its imminent that the Thibs will be our guy.

I feel really good about this. I dont think Vinny was garbage. He did some good things but he definitely had his flaws. It seems like Thibs is the opposite of Vinny. He's a proven tactician who is ascending to the head coaching position. Vinny came down from the front office to be a head coach and hadnt really proven anything as a tactician/Xs and Os guy. He also hangs his hat on defense, which is something Vinny didnt do.

Also, he signed with WWW a few weeks ago, so, this shouldnt discourage us getting LeBron in anyway. If LeBron doesnt come to Chicago, I dont think it will be because of Thibs. I also like Thibs regardless of whether we get LeBron and along those lines, I think this makes sense to LeBron to be a planet and not the sun. I think it will make it easier for him to excel if he's a planet and not the sun. Basically, this is a hire thats about competence as much as it is appeasement.

If its going to be someone like Thibs (ie someone youd feel good about even if we dont get LeBron), I think signing him now, would allow for us to draft accordingly.

Yeah I'm happy with it. But I never thought an NBA coach is a huge deal. Head coaches matter a lot more in hockey and football.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cant say im excited but im certainly not upset about it either. I would have liked someone experienced as a HC but as a defensive minded assistant, his resume looks good. Hopefully Wes helps him bring LeBron here.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
Yeah I'm happy with it. But I never thought an NBA coach is a huge deal. Head coaches matter a lot more in hockey and football.

Well, I think its important to have a competent coach when youre in close games in the playoffs. Having someone who is outmatched becomes a huge disadvantage in close games and end of game situations.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I would have liked it had the Bulls kept with what they said they wanted to bring in in the post-VDN era (as I recall, the org stated they wanted someone with head-coaching experience), but really, hard to be upset too much with this. At least he, you know, knows a little something about coaching.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Im verry happy, always good to have a defensive minded guy. This could also attract LeBron as he prides himself on defense.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
not ecstatic about this, but he can be a good coach, he is a defensive minded coach that could teach rose a couple of pointers and improve on his defense.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
Defense wins championships.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Everyone here knows I'm a huge VDN guy but I'm stoked about this.

Not only do I like Thibs as a defensive minded coach, I think he's a guy that could attract free agents despite not having the head coaching experience.

But like others have said, I love this move because of who we DIDN'T sign (Frank, McHale).

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
Everyone here knows I'm a huge VDN guy but I'm stoked about this.

Not only do I like Thibs as a defensive minded coach, I think he's a guy that could attract free agents despite not having the head coaching experience.

But like others have said, I love this move because of who we DIDN'T sign (Frank, McHale).

sick0020.gif

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Agreed w/ all that's been said.

But Thibs and any FA outside of LBJ or Bosh doesn't make us title contenders, imo.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
The more I think about it, the more I think this enhances LeBrons chances (if he wasnt coming here already) of coming here. Think about it. Thibodeau's defense has denied LeBron's team from advancing 2 of the past 3 years. If he stays in Cleveland or even if he goes to NY, he risks more of the same. Will he be able to live that down, if he could have paired up with Thibs but chose not to and it continues to haunt him? On top of that (lets face it), D'Antoni has a reputation of having teams that play soft defense.

Plus they have the same representation.