Six days out, what does Poles do at 9?

Luke

Liked Posts:
We all know the big-name pundits boards but not Poles.

Remember, Wright was rated high teens by these same pundits last year yet went 10th so we really don’t know what a “reach” is.

We have all heard the possible trades within the top 10 and know team needs.

Time for everyone to mock 1-8 in your own heads and give your answers.

Let’s make it simple with two names in preference order, depending on who might be there at 9 in an If/otherwise scenario. The player could also be selected later than 9 in a trade down but forego the hypothetical trade.

For example, mine is….

1 If WR3 (Odunze/Nabors) is there, can’t pass on the elite prospect.

2 Otherwise, Murphy at 9 or possible trade down who is the 3-tech which would probably help the Dline the most if he pans out.

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
Cowherd has the Bears taking Verse at 9 and the Jets taking Odunze at 10.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Odunze if he's there.

Otherwise I can see Verse getting drafted at 9.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
1. Odunze all day long if he’s there
2. Verse, Bowers, or Brian Thomas Jr. (he might be the 2024 Darnell Wright pick).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Remember, Wright was rated high teens by these same pundits last year yet went 10th so we really don’t know what a “reach” is.

Let’s make it simple with two names in preference order, depending on who might be there at 9 in an If/otherwise scenario. The player could also be selected later than 9 in a trade down but forego the hypothetical trade.

For example, mine is….

2 Otherwise, Murphy at 9 or possible trade down who is the 3-tech which would probably help the Dline the most if he pans out.
I like this and have been on the Murphy train if none of the WRs drop but could also see a trade down for a guy like Mims. Bigger than Alt and bends well. He'll go in the teens or early 20s and not the end of 1 early 2 as projected by pundits. Doesn't mean he'll ever achieve it but has at least as much 'potential' as Alt.

The other thing I like about a trade down is that it will make Thursday (and maybe Friday) a lot more fun and interesting.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

For example, mine is….

There's plenty of buzz for Murphy and the Bears don't have a starting 3-technique on the roster. .

Luke

Liked Posts:
I like this and have been on the Murphy train if none of the WRs drop but could also see a trade down for a guy like Mims. Bigger than Alt and bends well. He'll go in the teens or early 20s and not the end of 1 early 2 as projected by pundits. Doesn't mean he'll ever achieve it but has at least as much 'potential' as Alt.

The other thing I like about a trade down is that it will make Thursday (and maybe Friday) a lot more fun and interesting.

If the 3 WR's, Alt and 4 QB's are gone, I don't see why teams will be wanting to trade up to 9 but you never know.
I get the trade down fun but I think it wouldn't be too far down so Poles doesn't miss out on one of his guys.
I have to think they have a fairly strong player preference be it DL, OL or WR at 9. JMO.

Washington

Liked Posts:
One of the top 3 WRs if one is there. I am hoping Alt falls to 9 but he won't. I am not enamored with any of the DEs although that is a huge need. Bowers would have to be an option at 9. 9 seems high for Murphy but he would fill a need.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Get Odunze or Nabers at #9, trade our 2025 1st and 2nd roudner to get back in the 1st round and draft Latu or Verse. Trade back at #75 to get a future #3 to help with what we lost and select your two players to finish the draft.

If Oduzne or Naber is not there at #9, then take Bowers and do the same thing for the rest of the draft.

If none of those are there, draft Latu and do the same trade to get back into the 1st round and draft Braun Thomas Mitchell Jr.

Something similar to this below.
1713532235586.png

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He takes one of the top 3 WRs if they're there at 9. If not, he tries to trade down, picks up an edge if he picks in the teens, and then drafts a WR later with the pick(s) he got in the trade.

Reactions: Myk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the 3 WR's, Alt and 4 QB's are gone, I don't see why teams will be wanting to trade up to 9 but you never know.
I get the trade down fun but I think it wouldn't be too far down so Poles doesn't miss out on one of his guys.
I have to think they have a fairly strong player preference be it DL, OL or WR at 9. JMO.
Sure but I was in trade down mode in that response.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Get Odunze or Nabers at #9, trade our 2025 1st and 2nd roudner to get back in the 1st round and draft Latu or Verse. Trade back at #75 to get a future #3 to help with what we lost and select your two players to finish the draft.

If Oduzne or Naber is not there at #9, then take Bowers and do the same thing for the rest of the draft.

If none of those are there, draft Latu and do the same trade to get back into the 1st round and draft Braun Thomas Mitchell Jr.

View attachment 37803

Doubt sweat even gets drafted at this point. A dui less than a month before the draft doesn't look good for a guy who already had character concerns.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

View attachment 37803
Latu is NOT worth all that draft capital.

Get back in the lab.

ndgt10

Liked Posts:

View attachment 37803
This is terrible