Skip the vets - trade to 13

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Chargers 1st & 4th (1220 points)
Bears 1st & 2nd (1230 points)

Bears select Mac Jones ahead of Patriots who are almost certain to select him.

None of next years capital is wasted. You get a young QB with the ability to start early and tons of potential. On a rookie contract.

The scouting report +s (accurate at all levels, smart, reads Ds well, team leader) are the makeup of a franchise QB

The -s (average athleticism, not a cannon arm) are both workable/covered by: NFL strength/condition work, pocket presence, quick release, scheme etc.

3rd 4th 5th let Pace work his magic to find an OT and a WR or better yet trade for Orlando Brown. And Mac Jones will lead this team to the playoffs in 2021.

Do It Bears!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd be OK with this if required.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Maybe the Bengals can take ARob as well?
They have loads of cap space and also have needs at CB.
#20, Fuller, Arob and a future 3rd round pick for #5?
They have glaring offensive line needs-- but can still pickup an OT at #20. Boyd, Higgins, and ARob would be a dangerous receiving trio for Burrow(when he comes back)

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
If Jones is there. If Pace doesn't get a FA and he loses Jones in the top 10 he is left empty handed in a must win year. Really doubt if that is the plan. Would expect the plan to be a Vet FA or trade: Carr, Wentz, or Darnold,

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Jones is there. If Pace doesn't get a FA and he loses Jones in the top 10 he is left empty handed in a must win year. Really doubt if that is the plan. Would expect the plan to be a Vet FA or trade: Carr, Wentz, or Darnold,
May as well re-sign Trubisky if you're considering Darnold... cause he's been better.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we need to get ahead of the 49ers if we want Mac Jones. I see Shanahan falling in love with him at 12.

From his tape, really noticed his ability to read and manipulate defenders. Good pocket presence and quick release. Doesn’t have a cannon but can make all the throws and his deep ball accuracy is excellent.

Maybe he drops a little because he’s not an athletic specimen but he checks a lot of boxes for me.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Still have to worry about New England trading into the top 10 for a new QB.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carolina at 8 is where I view interest in Jones begins. Matt Rhule had a close look at him in the Senior Bowl and was effusive in his praise.

Depending on the run at QBs, the Panthers could also trade out for teams looking at the second tiers of QBs (Fields, Lance, Jones).

PickSix

Liked Posts:

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The other thing about Jones is his plus IQ. He graduated in 2.5 years with a 4.0 GPA and already has his masters.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watching tape on Lance, he definitely has that it factor. But he’s more of a projection because he was so much better than his competition.

He needs to be in a situation like Mahomes where he can sit for a year and develop. Definitely has a high ceiling because his athleticism is off the charts.

His 28:0 TD to INT rate in 2019 was crazy.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Ill eat my shoe if the Falcons take Jones.
I actually thought about starting another thread to discuss the Lance possibilities, but thought that might send you over the hissy fit edge.
Yeah, I don’t see Jones going that high, but could easily see him moving ahead of Lance.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe the Bengals can take ARob as well?
They have loads of cap space and also have needs at CB.
#20, Fuller, Arob and a future 3rd round pick for #5?
They have glaring offensive line needs-- but can still pickup an OT at #20. Boyd, Higgins, and ARob would be a dangerous receiving trio for Burrow(when he comes back)

C'mon Bama, why would the Bengals take on 2 huge contracts, and give up the 5th pick for a future 3rd and a drop back to 20 ?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Jones is the hot riser. Its not outside the realm of possibility he goes second overall at the rate his stock is climbing. I was intrigued at twenty and content with a trade up of about ten spots. Now I'm close to kind of abandoning the idea since its becoming increasingly obvious that he might be the second most coveted quarterback of this class (and it wouldn't shock me if he was number one on a few boards).

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Let see his workout before making Jones the second QB taken in draft.

If that’s the case then I would look to trade with MIa to get Wilson. I would trade 3 firsts because draft is weak next year.
Don’t get me wrong I like Jones, but if the Bears have a chance to get Wilson do it. Wilson has a way higher ceiling than Jones.

I like Jones as a 10-20 pick, not top 3.

twetz

Liked Posts:
It seems clear that the Eagles are certain to move Wentz prior to the roster bonus deadline of March 19th - the third day after the start of the league year. That's a long time from today. What other QB moves need to happen before the NFL draft? There's a lot of talk about QB movement and the Lions moved quickly, but we could have a long boring wait before any other moves get done. The Stafford domino missed all of the other dominoes that experts thought were lined up in a tidy little row.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually thought about starting another thread to discuss the Lance possibilities, but thought that might send you over the hissy fit edge.
Yeah, I don’t see Jones going that high, but could easily see him moving ahead of Lance.
Why would I be in a hissy fit over a Lance thread? Is there already 20 of them? Derp

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jones is the hot riser. Its not outside the realm of possibility he goes second overall at the rate his stock is climbing. I was intrigued at twenty and content with a trade up of about ten spots. Now I'm close to kind of abandoning the idea since its becoming increasingly obvious that he might be the second most coveted quarterback of this class (and it wouldn't shock me if he was number one on a few boards).

It wouldn't shock you if Mac Jones is rated higher than the greatest QB prospect of the last decade? You can't be serious.