Slauson released???

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming (chi.scout) said he heard it does have to do with health concerns.

User Actions
Following

Aaron Leming
‏@AaronLemingNFL
Spoke w/ a source about the Matt Slauson cut & cited health concerns for the reason for cut. #Bears

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:

User Actions
Following

Aaron Leming
‏@AaronLemingNFL
Spoke w/ a source about the Matt Slauson cut & cited health concerns for the reason for cut. #Bears

This actually makes sense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

User Actions
Following

Aaron Leming
‏@AaronLemingNFL

His twitter frenemy refuted this

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 15h15 hours ago
Contrary to some beliefs, Slausen was not released over health concerns. Strictly does not fit what coaches want at position.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't they have to do some kind of settlement if he was injured?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I personally like to watch offensive line play and Slauson really makes very few mistakes out there. The other guy who is going to be worry to see him go is Leno who is over-all the weakest link on the offensive line. He got help all of last season from the tight end and left guard because he is easily pushed around in pass blocking and doesn't have the explosion needed to blow people out in run blocking. Don't know much about Massie but I do not believe that he will be as good at RT as Long was last season.

Bottom line........ Our offensive line right now is way below average as a group.

Seemed like a good guy and I thought he did well at center...not so much at guard. Regardless, this is a rebuild. By the time this team is ready to compete Slauson will be well past his serviceability. Would he have helped this year? Maybe....but would his play put the Bears in the playoffs? Highly doubtful. Time to move on.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, we get it. Don't you ever get tired of constantly repeating the same shit over and over again? They are gone, time to move on. Or go root for the Jets. The reasons for all those moves have been explained to you countless times.

THe reasons "explained to me" are just theories put out by people like yourself. Even if they are actually the theories of Pace and Fox which no one knows if they are, they do not make a lot of sense. I am certainly not a football expert and no better or worse than other fellows on this board. What I do know is how to put a team of talented people together and form a very successful organization. I keep waiting for the Bears to do the same and they haven't come close to doing it. So you and others can spare me this Pace and Fox know more than you do about putting a team together. The jury is still out on that one as far as team building is concerned. WHat they have done thus far is not very impressive.

AS far as my going to root for the Jets, all that I can say is that I like Marshall and Forte a lot and will root for them and wish them a whole lot of success. They were two of the best players that the Chicago Bears have had on the field in their history. So you can wear the Chicago Bears cheer leading pom-poms if you want to and try to "explain" these moves to those who do not believe in the Pace theorems. I really do not care.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
His twitter frenemy refuted this

Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 15h15 hours ago
Contrary to some beliefs, Slausen was not released over health concerns. Strictly does not fit what coaches want at position.
LOL, Gabriel is a small sad person, worthy of pity, if he wasn't such a douche.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Marshall -----> Gone

Forte ------> Gone

Bennett --------> Gone

Slauson -------->Gone

Bottom line: Four top quality and productive NFL players. Inexperienced and/or low quality players in as replacements. Any way that you cut it, the Bears have lot a lot of talent on their offense. Then, think about next year when Jeffrey leaves. White is an unknown and they have no skilled offensive players on the roster. WHere is the scoring going to come from?

Correct. And all those players got how many playoff appearances?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was my opinion too. That even an average guy seems like an all pro to us....so we, as fans, are afraid to let go of a guy turning 30 who didn't fit our planned scheme.

Um, we now have one injury prone tight end, question marks all over the offensive line, lack a complete single running back, two below average offensive tackles, cannot name our starting offensive center, a number two caliber wide receiver and a rookie receiver who hasn't played a down in the NFL. So....... I ask you and the pro Pace/Fox fans, what is our "PLANNED SCHEME"?

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I think there's is definitely reason to be skeptical while at the same time trusting what Pace and Fox are doing.

I understand the thinking and wanting a better system fit. I also understand that losing a player like Matt and his leadership will be hard to replace.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Correct. And all those players got how many playoff appearances?

Um......... None. Seems to me,though, that it had to do more with shitty players around them and bad coaching. Ernie Banks, however, was the NL MVP for a couple of seasons for a last place team and is a HOFer. How many championships did the Cubs win? Bottom line...... blame shitty management, not the great player unfortunate to be on a shitty team(see Butkus, Sayers, et al.

Madden

Liked Posts:
Some of you guys need some tough actin Tinactin

qsJ6s8O.jpg

Slauson was good but Pace is going younger and it looks like his philosophy is to release guys a year too early rather than late. Which is refreshing because otherwise you suddenly end up with an old, overpaid, weak roster and have no capable replacements lined up. As a GM, you can't fall into the trap of being sentimental over guys, and have to look at the big picture. Some of you are in denial that we're undergoing a youth movement and are still in the middle of rebuilding our team. At least wait one fucking game to see how we look before bitching about everything.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So who will play left guard? If the rookie fails, or if, as is predictable, there is an injury? Who is the backup?

Please don't just accept what Pace did without fully analyzing it. GMs are human and have been known to make mistakes.

"Feelings......Nothing more than feelings" Brings a tear to my eyes:) Forgive Pace, Lord. He does not know what he has done:(

napo55

Liked Posts:
The point was there are some who will always accept a GM's moves without any critical analysis.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seemed like a good guy and I thought he did well at center...not so much at guard. Regardless, this is a rebuild. By the time this team is ready to compete Slauson will be well past his serviceability. Would he have helped this year? Maybe....but would his play put the Bears in the playoffs? Highly doubtful. Time to move on.

I see. So in this "rebuild" how is it getting better by getting rid of your good players? Why, in a rebuild, do you create more weak areas and then have to fill spots that YOU CREATED? You see, If I take over a shitty organization, what I do is to identify who is quality and who is not. I then GET RID of the crap and build around the quality. I think that most successful leaders do that. I do not see this in Pace and Fox. They are basically saying that the good players are worthless to them and can be replaced with crap. They've certainly done it with the offensive line, the tight end and the running backs on the team.

By Pace's logic, he's doing everything bass ackwards. To him, Marshall, Bennett, Forte, and Slauson were the weak links of the team so they were jettisoned early. Excaly the OPPOSITE of what successful organization leadership should and does do:(

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
When the Bears release an aging, average, overacheiving white player, the reactions are always entertaining, especially if he's got a beard out of Vikings and wears scary eye black on Sundays. Shades of Jimmy Flanagan here. What I don't understand is why this debate is getting bogged down over what type of Guard Slauson was characterized in Madden? Whether he's a run blocker or a pass blocker or a zone blocker or an arterial blockage doesn't really matter. The one thing no one seems to dispute is that he was a really nice guy and a pretty immobile football player, and if the scheme says you have to consistently get to "spot X"on the football field, and you're consistently getting to "X minus 2 yards," you're probably not going to have much of a future with your team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, my point is very salient. People tried to pretend that zone blocking schemes require smaller, agile OLs because the Broncos had success with it. OL type has very little to do with the success of zone blocking. The Broncos did it because they had no other choice...their OLs were small and zone blocking was a good way to get double-team blocks at the point of attack. As I said before, the first requirement of a good zone blocking scheme is OL continuity. The next requirement is having a RB who can read his blocks, make a decisive cut, and get good yardage. They don't have to be especially big or fast, just able to read the blocks and get 5-10 yards. Forte would have been good with this scheme.

To think that a team would get rid of one of their best OLs because they "don't fit into a zone blocking scheme" is pure nonsense. There has to be more to this story. That's all I am saying.

I would hope that there is more to the story but I think that all we have is guys like us trying to understand the mind of Pace and FOx so we come up with our own theories of what they want to do. You are correct, I believe, in your assessment of line play. I do think, though, is that Pace is pretty much on a huge ego trip and wants to get rid of all of the few good personnel that he inherited. Getting rid of Slauson makes not a bit of sense.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
THe reasons "explained to me" are just theories put out by people like yourself. Even if they are actually the theories of Pace and Fox which no one knows if they are, they do not make a lot of sense. I am certainly not a football expert and no better or worse than other fellows on this board. What I do know is how to put a team of talented people together and form a very successful organization. I keep waiting for the Bears to do the same and they haven't come close to doing it. So you and others can spare me this Pace and Fox know more than you do about putting a team together. The jury is still out on that one as far as team building is concerned. WHat they have done thus far is not very impressive.

AS far as my going to root for the Jets, all that I can say is that I like Marshall and Forte a lot and will root for them and wish them a whole lot of success. They were two of the best players that the Chicago Bears have had on the field in their history. So you can wear the Chicago Bears cheer leading pom-poms if you want to and try to "explain" these moves to those who do not believe in the Pace theorems. I really do not care.

:thinking: