Sloan resigns...

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
wow, i wasnt aware that dwill could be a diva like that. damn, 23 years.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I honestly would never think that Williams would act like that but who knows. I love both him and coach Sloan. That loss must have broke their backs. D-Will didnt help his own case on whos to blame after throwing the game away in the last couple minute or so.

Well no matter what he decides to do, good luck to Jerry. Would love to see him back with the Bulls but this time as a coach obviously. I know i know, wont happen.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He wasn't good enough to win NBA championship

Im sure Michael Jordan had nothing to do with that.

Erik Spoelstra will eventually win an NBA championship, probably multiple championships and he's not a good coach. In the NBA, talent will ultimately get you there.

Liked Posts:
Thank you for posting this Hou. It's the first I heard of this.

Are you kidding me!? The Utah Jazz are listening to that punk (Deron Williams) over the coach who has given them 25 years (Jerry Sloan has been coaching that team since the Spanish American War - WHO COACHES ONE TEAM IN THE NBA THAT LONG!?) and all of a sudden, the stupid punk with all the tattoos is the one who wears the pants.

Good for Jerry stepping down and refusing to let them belittle him like this.

As great a job as Thibodeau is doing, I'm not even kidding you when i say if I ran the Bulls, I would make him my Assistant coach and make Jerry Sloan my coach TONIGHT.

Deron Williams over Sloan. This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in my life and they are stupid for letting that LEGEND walk out the door.

Morons.

There is NO one I have more admiration and respect for in sports than Jerry Sloan.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Thank you for posting this Hou. It's the first I heard of this.

Are you kidding me!? The Utah Jazz are listening to that punk (Deron Williams) over the coach who has given them 25 years (Jerry Sloan has been coaching that team since the Spanish American War - WHO COACHES ONE TEAM IN THE NBA THAT LONG!?) and all of a sudden, the stupid punk with all the tattoos is the one who wears the pants.

Good for Jerry stepping down and refusing to let them belittle him like this.

As great a job as Thibodeau is doing, I'm not even kidding you when i say if I ran the Bulls, I would make him my Assistant coach and make Jerry Sloan my coach TONIGHT.

Deron Williams over Sloan. This is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in my life and they are stupid for letting that LEGEND walk out the door.

Morons.

There is NO one I have more admiration and respect for in sports than Jerry Sloan.

I think the issue is that Sloan didn't give them a choice...he was tired of Williams and he quit, didn't want to work things out or anything like that. I believe he is just tired. His wife passed a few years back, he wants to settle in on his Illinois farm and live the rest of his days happy. He made plenty of money, he can enjoy his life now...

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
very shocking to say the least. It sad that he never got a chance to win the NBA championship and coach of the year award.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've just lost a lot of respect of Deron Williams. This is shocking...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If you don't care for Sloan as a coach, fine, thats your problem. But as Bulls fans, respect the man a little. Other than with Jordan, this was the closest the Bulls ever got to a title. And Sloan was a hell of a Bull. I wish I could find the whole series, because that was some awesome basketball.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmeqCskNafs]YouTube - 1975 NBA Playoffs: Bulls vs Warriors (4th Quarter)[/ame]

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Sloan was the last guy you'd expect to go mid season, I thought Utah had him until they wheeled him out in a box.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sad and unexpecting news...Sloan sets the bar for coaches.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
D-Will is a total diva & unfortunately this just goes to show that loyalty in the NBA always lies with the superstar diva & not the HOF coach who gave everything he had to a franchise that no one gave a crap about 23 yrs ago. I used to like D-Will, not anymore.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Rather than quoting the people in this thread who actually have a brain, but good for Jerry. Guy deserved to go out on his own terms.

Liked Posts:
It really is.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to inherit a team that just happens to have the best players in the NBA on it (cough Phil Jackson cough).

Always makes me laugh during the playoffs when they say "Phil Jackson is 45-0 when his teams win Game 1 or whatever."

NO - Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal are 45-0 when THEY won Game 1.

Dumbest statement ever uttered on this website.

Liked Posts:
Did you notice Sloan's long-time assistant ALSO stepped down?

Jerry was disrespected in spite of all those years of service. If he still wants to coach I hope he finds a place that will treat him with respect and honor. If he's tired of it all and wants to call it a career and enjoy the retired life, I say live it up Jerry. You had one incredible career.