Sloan resigns...

Liked Posts:
Thank you, Crystallas.

I just can't express to you guys how much respect I have for that man. I was so indignant when I heard Jazz management sided with that tattooed punk point guard I had tears in my eyes out of the respect I have for Jerry Sloan.

If you don't care for Sloan as a coach, fine, thats your problem. But as Bulls fans, respect the man a little. Other than with Jordan, this was the closest the Bulls ever got to a title. And Sloan was a hell of a Bull. I wish I could find the whole series, because that was some awesome basketball.

YouTube - 1975 NBA Playoffs: Bulls vs Warriors (4th Quarter)

Liked Posts:
I don't know how to tread into this in an appropriate way but if there was such a list as "NBA Personalities Who Seem Like they are Well-Endowed," Jerry Sloan HAS to be at the top of that list, right?

I bet you guys he is packing a MONSTER in there.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Dude won over 1200 games with only had 3 losing seasons, and 2 of those 3 were full 82 game seasons.

It's his fault he had to deal with the likes of Jordan, Olajuwon, Kobe, and O'Neal?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'd hire that assistant coach yesterday.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't know how to tread into this in an appropriate way but if there was such a list as "NBA Personalities Who Seem Like they are Well-Endowed," Jerry Sloan HAS to be at the top of that list, right?

Dude...stop yourself.

Liked Posts:
Don't know if you heard this either, but Sloan signed his resignation with a feather ink pen.

Seriously though. What a career. Longest tenured coach in professional SPORTS.

Ronald Reagan was President when he started coaching that team.

Think about THAT.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:

Call me immature, but I literally laughed out loud.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
If he could return to Chicago in some capacity that would be great. He's the working type. I don't see him leaving the game totally behind. If does totally walk that will be sad for him.

To at least have him back I involved with the franchise in some way would bring smiles to Bulls fans.

Come on home Jerry!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
New Utah Jazz coach Ty Corbin cites need for stability - ESPN

Check the video response from D-Will.

Just wow. Am I reading too much into this? Like many of you, I have been following Deron since Illinois, and I don't think I have ever heard him choose his words and correct himself like this.

He coached me for six years (I know what I'm doing by now)... [NO] five and a half (damn that quitter!)
Sad to see him go (no sweat off my back) ... halfway through a season (quitter)
I want to reiterate *chuckles* that I had no part in that.
Never did I say it was me or him -(because nobody exactly said that you threw an ultimatum, so why are you changing the story in a one on one interview?)

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
His facial expression doesn't exactly scream sincerity.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
honestly, i think sloan just got sick of him and sick of coaching.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
What are the odds of williams leaving in a year? he's always voiced displeasure with the ownership's budget cutting trades. the jazz probably aren't going to be a better team w/o their head coach.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Sloan is tough as nails. He wouldn't quit coaching in the middle of the season just because he felt like it.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i change my mind, he just signed a new contract a day ago. If you're sick of coach, you don't just sign an extension for a year. something happened that really pissed him off or... he was asked to be resign.