Smith to Ravens

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He has always had terrible PFF grades relative to his production mainly for the reason @dennehy pointed out. He struggled shedding blocks.

His grade was 50.8 which was 51st. Last year when he made All Pro it was 47.8.
That doesn't sound good. Seems to match what he looked like on the field this year too. Luckily in Baltimore he'll have a good DL so he can perform for that contract he'll want this offseason

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That doesn't sound good. Seems to match what he looked like on the field this year too. Luckily in Baltimore he'll have a good DL so he can perform for that contract he'll want this offseason

I would disagree. Leading tackler in NFL, No 1 in run stops, no 1 in passer rating against and only LB with multiple sacks and multiple ints. All that with a shit DL.

His poor grade comes from the fact he tends to lose gap intregrity as he tries to run around blockers or beat them to the hole.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Damn...we had plenty of money to at least franchise him next season. Why give away one of your best defensive players?! If we needed a QB, then maybe. But I'm down with Fields and I think he has proved as much.

We are just making holes we are going to have to fill. And thats your young, Defensive leader.
That’s a great haul for a rental player!

He’s great don’t get me wrong but he’s gonna fall off a cliff unless he gets his body in shape! He’s too reliant on natural talent.

When he gets his big money m, he will not live up to it!

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
He's 25 years old.

If the quarterback is any good, this is a 1-2 year rebuild. If it's more than that, Ryan Poles is going to get fired. Roquan has at least 4-5 really good prime years left if he can stay healthy.
I get that Smith is a good young LB and with all that cap space Poles could have easily re-signed him. Even with all that maybe we as fans should look to the big picture a year from now where a large chunk of that cap haul could be rolled over and used to sign Fields to an extension.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
You don't know that Brisker, Gordon and Jones have all been starters as rookies?
That they have started here, which is a bottom 5 team, doesn’t mean they’re NFL starters. Gordon wa sgarbage the first 5-6 games. And Jones as well. Brisker has plays a couple of decent games that’s it. Are they’re gonna be starters in a contending team?

SD Bears

Liked Posts:

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was making the point that teams do indeed draft LBs in the 1st round, countering Chicagosports89’s contention that no one cares about LBs in the draft.

There's a difference. A 3-4 pass rushing LB is more coveted than a off the ball LB every time

napo55

Liked Posts:
QUESTION: HOW MANY YEARS SHOUULD POLES BE GIVEN TO SUCCEED?

And what progress should be expected in the next three years?

StockholmBears

Liked Posts:
QUESTION: HOW MANY YEARS SHOUULD POLES BE GIVEN TO SUCCEED?

And what progress should be expected in the next three years?
Wow! How can fans accept this shit? You try to win always. This is to ugly. In european football you get downgraded if your team cant compete.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
There's a difference. A 3-4 pass rushing LB is more coveted than a off the ball LB every time
Again, not against the move Poles made. What he does with this may be a different story. Claypool is a big risk - currently has the 3rd most receiving yards on a bad Steelers squad. Seems we now have 2 Mooneys. Hopefully he can get some separation.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Nothing i said was childish though. I asked a question, you didn't answer it and then blabbered on about irrelevant nonsense.

Nice meltdown though.
Yes, I did answer it, but you chose to ignore the answer.

Go back to sucking cocks. You are much better at it than debating.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes, I did answer it, but you chose to ignore the answer.

Go back to sucking cocks. You are much better at it than debating.
You didn’t answer it. You said he’s more productive than a 5th round rookie and a career rotational DL.

Great job JoJo!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You didn’t answer it. You said he’s more productive than a 5th round rookie and a career rotational DL.

Great job JoJo!
A little reading for you:

Quinn, 32, might not be what Miller was perceived to be a year ago (before his incredible postseason), but he's not that far off. What player records 18.5 sacks in a season and somehow remains under the radar? Quinn, that's who.

He's a pass rush win rate Hall of Famer: In the five full seasons of the metric (2017-2021), Quinn boasts two of the top five and four of the top 20 pass rush win rate seasons at edge.

His numbers are a little down this season. His 17% pass rush win rate at edge ranks only 23rd, and he has only one sack. But he has also been doubled-teamed on 29% of his pass rushes this year, a huge jump from the 19% double-team rate he faced last season. That high rate is very unlikely to continue in Philadelphia.

Like I said before, nothing happens in a vacuum.

Yes, his numbers are down, but that is related to the rise in his double-team rate.

With Quinn gone, there was zero need to double team anyone, so the Cowboys had a free blocker and, well, everyone saw what the loss of Quinn really meant.

So even with taking on double-teams, Quinn was effective the Bears and was sorely missed in Dallas.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A little reading for you:

Like I said before, nothing happens in a vacuum.

Yes, his numbers are down, but that is related to the rise in his double-team rate.

With Quinn gone, there was zero need to double team anyone, so the Cowboys had a free blocker and, well, everyone saw what the loss of Quinn really meant.

So even with taking on double-teams, Quinn was effective the Bears and was sorely missed in Dallas.
I asked you if you thought Quinn was productive.

You have yet to answer that question. I do not want you to recite articles.

You havent answered the question and you will continue to not answer the question because the answer is obviously a gigantic NO. He is a DE with 1 sack in 8 games and multiple inexperienced players getting less time than him have more impact.

You are wrong. Sorry, idiot. It's crybaby thin skinned posters like you which turned the great @halftime into Black Rainbow. You make Bears fans want to root against their own teams just to see you be miserable.

CC: @Black Rainbow look at this guy

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

You havent answered the question and you will continue to not answer the question because the answer is obviously a gigantic NO. He is a DE with 1 sack in 8 games and multiple inexperienced players getting less time than him have more impact.

You are wrong. Sorry, idiot. It's crybaby thin skinned posters like you which turned the great @halftime into Black Rainbow. You make Bears fans want to root against their own teams just to see you be miserable.

I have answered it and now I am putting you on ignore so you can go suck on pricks anytime, all the time.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's 25 years old.

If the quarterback is any good, this is a 1-2 year rebuild. If it's more than that, Ryan Poles is going to get fired. Roquan has at least 4-5 really good prime years left if he can stay healthy.
? hate to break it to you but if he hasn’t peaked outside of a few splash games a year, going on his 5th year in the league, that’s his ceiling.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

I know...lol.

Yesterday he compared Fields to Joe Montana and I just left it alone.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
now do rushing TDs
They don't track rushing TDs given up but he led the NFL in run stops which are defined as tackles that constitute a "failure" for the offense. Statistically he was the best off ball LB in the NFL this year. That is with a shit DL allowing blockers to get on him.