So and so team needs a player, will they take ours?

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I am of course not sure if and when Bushrod would be ready but maybe Pace can over charge for Bushrod to a team that needs one NOW.

I suppose its pie in the sky but would a 3rd round pick for a team desperate for a starting LT given that this could solidfy their march to the playoffs.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do they have 8mil in cap space?

Thats the most important factor in every nfl trade and the #1 reason there are so few trades in the NFL during the season.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heard they're interested in Joe Thomas who has been rumored to be available and waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Bushrod.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
LOL.

Bushrod may fetch a 6th.......

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Heard they're interested in Joe Thomas who has been rumored to be available and waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Bushrod.
That's not a rumor......Thomas is better than Bushrod.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Thomas is the best LT and one of the best players in the league. Are the Browns really that fucked up?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard the Browns might be shopping Mack. Didn't hear anything about Thomas.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000571162/article/joe-thomas-doesnt-want-to-be-traded-from-browns

"I'm not a quitter," Thomas said, via The Plain Dealer. "I'm not a guy that gives up on my goals and my goal from day one was to be part of the turnaround here and that hasn't changed."

Despite being on a perennial loser, being moved to a team that could use an offensive line boost to push itself toward Super Bowl contention doesn't interest Thomas.

"The reality of it is we're right now a 2-6 team and the trade deadline is coming up," Thomas said. "If you're a team that doesn't have a winning record I imagine it happens all the time where teams will call up your team and find out if you're available for a trade. It's happened in the past with me in my career. But it's out of my control. I want to be here. I want to finish my career here. I want to be part of the turnaround here. That's the way it is sometimes, you've got to control the things you can control."

Mack dismissed the report saying "that's a question for my agent" and that he's "never paid attention to the trade stuff."

Whether he's paid attention or not, his, and other names, will be discussed as we move closer to Tuesday's deadline.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000571162/article/joe-thomas-doesnt-want-to-be-traded-from-browns

"I'm not a quitter," Thomas said, via The Plain Dealer. "I'm not a guy that gives up on my goals and my goal from day one was to be part of the turnaround here and that hasn't changed."

Despite being on a perennial loser, being moved to a team that could use an offensive line boost to push itself toward Super Bowl contention doesn't interest Thomas.

"The reality of it is we're right now a 2-6 team and the trade deadline is coming up," Thomas said. "If you're a team that doesn't have a winning record I imagine it happens all the time where teams will call up your team and find out if you're available for a trade. It's happened in the past with me in my career. But it's out of my control. I want to be here. I want to finish my career here. I want to be part of the turnaround here. That's the way it is sometimes, you've got to control the things you can control."

Mack dismissed the report saying "that's a question for my agent" and that he's "never paid attention to the trade stuff."

Whether he's paid attention or not, his, and other names, will be discussed as we move closer to Tuesday's deadline.

Thomas is a classy dude. He skipped attending the draft to go fishing with his dad.

Liked Posts:
I am of course not sure if and when Bushrod would be ready but maybe Pace can over charge for Bushrod to a team that needs one NOW.

I suppose its pie in the sky but would a 3rd round pick for a team desperate for a starting LT given that this could solidfy their march to the playoffs.

3rd rounder? We'd be lucky if they gave us a turkey sandwich.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I'd trade Bushrod to the bronco's for a 4th rounder. Or to the patriots for the same. they both need a LT, and we should try to strike while we can. make whatever moves we can, and add picks to a team that needs them. Forte getting hurt sucks, cause I'm positive we could have gotten a decent pick for him, probably a third.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't take anything less than two first-round picks for Bushrod. He's just that fucking good!

Last edited:

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Thomas is the best LT and one of the best players in the league. Are the Browns really that fucked up?

Exactly, you win in the trenches, and a guy like Thomas at LT is an excellent start. I wouldn't trade him at all, I don't care what the reasoning may be

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Is Thomas soon to be a FA? Maybe he has made it clear to the Browns that he will not resign with them. Who would blame him?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Lol at these people saying Bushrod could go for a 3rd or 4th.

Guys, we got a 5th for Brandon Marshall and a 7th. We'd be lucky to get a backup punter for Bushrod.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Here is the thing an extra third round pick puts the Bears in a strong position to move up into a very low second round pick or even a very high first round pick. Of course if the keep its another player who could start sometime soon. I just think if there is a player Fox and Fangio love for the defense in that range in the draft it might be worth going the distance to trade Bushrod to a team desperate for an LT. Hell why not bundle the trade with Houston or Young if it means getting a third round pick. I am NOT saying its remotely likely to happen just spit balling ideas before the deadline Tuesday.

I still do not get really why a starting quality NFL player is worth only a 6th round pick to the Bears. Okay Allen had to go but why even trade any starter quality for a 6th round pick. I can see why a team would trade away a 6th pick to get a guy to start now but not the other way around.

I for sure would not trade Willie Young with a good contract and a 10 sack season for anything less than a 3rd pick but everything is based on the what the buyer believes a player is worth.

Liked Posts:
Carolina needs a WR, do we do it?

As in should we ship Jeffries to then in exchange for a #1, if we can get that?

Oh and before you clowns say anything, I meant to spell his name that way, bozo's.