dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Interesting in retrospect, but hardly meaningful now.

I agree, it's as about as meaningful now as it is talking about how the Bears took Mitch over Watson and Mahomes or as meaningful as it is to still bring up that the Bears bid against themselves to trade up to get Mitch because no other team wanted him, even though there were many rumors that Clev wanted him.

JUST SAYIN!!!!!

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I've never much participated in the Mitch vs Watson vs Mahomes discussions either; I agree they are meaningless.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I've gone through the exercise of explaining this to this message board a few times over the last 4 years, and people said bullshit.

In essence, Pace did a tune on Cleveland. Whether Trubisky was the wrong choice has nothing to do with this. Cleveland and the Bears both wanted Trubisky. Cleveland had numerous picks that draft and tons of leverage. Cleveland also wanted Garrett.

Pace got on the phone with Cleveland to trade down with them as a tactic, this way Cleveland would figure they could get Trubisky. At the same time, Pace was on the phone to trade up to 2 with San Fran. Bottom line both teams wanted him, Bears got him.

I know most now hate the pick, but it's not the point at all. Trubisky and Watson were the top 2 QB's on virtually everybody's draft analysis.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And I've gone through the exercise of explaining this to this message board a few times over the last 4 years, and people said bullshit.

In essence, Pace did a tune on Cleveland. Whether Trubisky was the wrong choice has nothing to do with this. Cleveland and the Bears both wanted Trubisky. Cleveland had numerous picks that draft and tons of leverage. Cleveland also wanted Garrett.

Pace got on the phone with Cleveland to trade down with them as a tactic, this way Cleveland would figure they could get Trubisky. At the same time, Pace was on the phone to trade up to 2 with San Fran. Bottom line both teams wanted him, Bears got him.

I know most now hate the pick, but it's not the point at all. Trubisky and Watson were the top 2 QB's on virtually everybody's draft analysis.

The mitch pick was awful. It was also around where most expected him to go. QB's are always overdrafted. Only the idiots on this board thought that no other team was interested in trading up for mitch and that Pace bid against himself.

At this point it really doesn't matter. It's an era of the bears very few will remember or care about in a decade. Just another failed QB in a long line of them. Wasn't the first, won't be the last.

No one even thinks about rex grossman nowadays besides how sexy his deep balls were. A decade from now the only thing people will remember mitch about is his sexy Toyota camry and his love for nipples.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wanting the same QB as Cleveland isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Coulda been worse, we could have traded our first round pick to the texans so they could take a future HOF qb while we took Deshone Kizer in the 2nd round.

Oof. I know we get flack for the mitch pick, but the browns/niners royally fucked that draft up and they picked before us.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah the 9ers fucked the draft up all the way to the superbowl (fairly certain of that)

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree, it's as about as meaningful now as it is talking about how the Bears took Mitch over Watson and Mahomes or as meaningful as it is to still bring up that the Bears bid against themselves to trade up to get Mitch because no other team wanted him, even though there were many rumors that Clev wanted him.

JUST SAYIN!!!!!

Im almost to the point where Im glad Pace missed on drafting Watson, considering the recent allegations