So Clev was gonna draft Mitch...Hmmmmm.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember in the big write up on the Browns draft behind the scenes for that specific draft reading that Jackson had a meeting with the owner 2 weeks prior to the draft and told him he would not back a Trubisky selection privately nor would he back Trubisky publicly even if they drafted him.

Jackson is obviously trying to portray how he saved the organization from drafting Trubisky but there is probably some truth to it.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
also who the fuck calls somebody “boy” in 2021? What if i was black you complete fucking moron.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
imagine using this as way of painting ryan pace in a positive light. not only did the bears want the same QB as the Browns, they were the dumber of the 2 franchises and actually gave the farm away for Mitch.

I feel so much better about this team knowing not only Pace fell in love with Mitch, BUT THE BROWNS DID TOO!!

Camry’s for everybody bitches!!

LOL @ giving up the farm. Not even close. Now what the 49ers traded this year to move up is what's called giving up the farm.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
also who the fuck calls somebody “boy” in 2021? What if i was black you complete fucking moron.
crying-waterfalls.gif

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Summary of this thread:

:jonesy:

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember in the big write up on the Browns draft behind the scenes for that specific draft reading that Jackson had a meeting with the owner 2 weeks prior to the draft and told him he would not back a Trubisky selection privately nor would he back Trubisky publicly even if they drafted him.

Jackson is obviously trying to portray how he saved the organization from drafting Trubisky but there is probably some truth to it.

Apparently Hue is writing a book about his time with the Browns.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Wow that's so crazy to see. I already knew that most had Mitch as their top QB but it's still crazy to see this and how they had Watson, Mahomes and Kizer ranked. Nice find.

Notice how certain posters who are the ones that made countless threads and posts about how Pace bid against himself to trade up for Mitch and how Mitch was such a bad choice, before the draft, stay out of threads like this....Hahaha.
Um , I'm right here. It was a stupid move then, and it looks even dumber now. I also #calledit that night.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:

Hue’s a pompous blowhard that had his 15 minutes and is trying to get relevant.

msadows

Liked Posts:
LOL @ giving up the farm. Not even close. Now what the 49ers traded this year to move up is what's called giving up the farm.

Legit. We didn't give up that much. Pace obviously netted calls from at the very least the browns to trade up from 12. If he was getting calls he knew the niners at #2 were getting those same calls.

People seem to forget but the texans and chiefs traded a lot to move up too. Difference is the guy they picked worked out.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Well fuck Hue Jackson then... should’ve let Browns take Trubisky and Pace might’ve settled with Mahomes. You were getting fired anyway, why take a whole other franchise down with your bs. Bastard

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And I've gone through the exercise of explaining this to this message board a few times over the last 4 years, and people said bullshit.

In essence, Pace did a tune on Cleveland. Whether Trubisky was the wrong choice has nothing to do with this. Cleveland and the Bears both wanted Trubisky. Cleveland had numerous picks that draft and tons of leverage. Cleveland also wanted Garrett.

Pace got on the phone with Cleveland to trade down with them as a tactic, this way Cleveland would figure they could get Trubisky. At the same time, Pace was on the phone to trade up to 2 with San Fran. Bottom line both teams wanted him, Bears got him.

I know most now hate the pick, but it's not the point at all. Trubisky and Watson were the top 2 QB's on virtually everybody's draft analysis.
This was my understanding as well. He just fixated on the wrong horse.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That Browns regime was fired.

Ryan Pace is still employed.