So here we are again...

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Problem I have with Fox is it has become obvious he dictates too much in the way the coordinators call plays.
A Head coach should be more like a team coordinator making sure he has all his coaches & players in a row.
Let the offensive coordinator dictate the offense and defense dictate the defense.
He really shouldn't say anything unless it is to hold the coordinator accountable.
If you have to dictate to the coordinator then you need a new damn coordinator because at the end of the day
the HC is accountable for them to the GM.
If the coordinator wants to change the defense back to a 4-3 then sure the HC can step in and say no. But if Loggains wants to throw to set up the run then let him.
Because that's how the first half against Detroit looked to me. And it looked good.

Other than micromanaging the OC I have no problem with him. It was his man in the booth that told him to challenge that Cunningham play.
There is usually a chart or person that tells the coach when the appropriate time for a timeout is. Or when to go for it on 4th. Or when to go for 2, etc.
It's only Fox's job to make sure he has the right people telling him the right things. If someone screws up he puts the screws to them.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
- When we lose to the Eagles, do you think Fox gets fired? I’m praying he does but can’t really see it. Can anyone apart from DaaBears give me one solid reason to keep him?

Um, he can't give you a solid reason on why to keep Fox. No one can because there isn't one. Fox was just a terrible hire from day 1. The silver lining is the last 2 teams that he left both ended up going to the super bowl with their next coach. Maybe it happens again

Washington

Liked Posts:
Year 3 of a 5 year rebuild it would seem.
Dump rebuild coach after year 3.
Hire coach of the future for year 4.
Playoffs year 5
Superbowl year 6,7,8,9,10....
All apart of the master plan
manic-laugh.gif

I sure hope you are right about it being a 5 year rebuild because it sure seems to be trending higher to me. I am praying we can sniff .500 in year 4 of this rebuild.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Where they are at is very disappointing.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I would truly like to see the bear defense actually do what it is they are named after, defense. defend the fking ball. I've never ever been a fan of let the opposition catch then tackle. for one, the bear teams can't tackle very well and second, the catches always end up getting into the endzone. so how successful is that? This goes all the way back to lovie's era. look how well he's doing these days. yeah, catch and tackle sucks big dick.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I sure hope you are right about it being a 5 year rebuild because it sure seems to be trending higher to me. I am praying we can sniff .500 in year 4 of this rebuild.

IMO if the offense didn't lose the players they lost then there was a shot at close to sniffing .500 this season. Although playing this same revisionist history game could have possibly led to Glennon playing more games and then at that point who fucking knows anymore.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Pace has drafted some good young players during his time here so far, successful franchises are built through the draft and he has drafted well. His Free Agency hasn't been great but FA is a tricky and often disappointing business.

In mitigation I think the roster was so bereft when he arrived that it was going to take numerous drafts to fill it up, and the dumpster diving for one year prove it candidates has been to fill holes in the short term whilst we add drafted players year on year. They won't all work out. Emery was a fuck up GM hire of truly epic proportions by ownership, he left us with virtually nothing apart from Jay Cutler's gigantic contract.

You only need to look across at Green Bay with and without Rodgers to see the difference a franchise QB makes, its pretty much a get out of jail free card. If he recruits a talented offensive mind for Trubisky and he becomes a top five QB in the league, then everything else should work itself out and he'll be here for a long time.

But we're all in limbo with Fox in charge, because he's literally the worst possible coach in the league for a young Quarterback. There's a very real question as to whether Fox's really heavy restriction and virtual suffocation of Trubisky is damaging him for the longer term. Pace needs to deal with this one way or another.

I think firing him now before he can damage Trubisky any further by making him gun shy, and allowing our QB to play with some freedom (without fear of turnovers being the only thing being instilled in him) would make a lot of sense. Either that or just tell Fox to lead the dressing room but leave Loggains to call offence as he wants.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
First, I think the secondary as a whole is playing down. Maybe not Prince. But to call Cooper a bust is a bit harsh. Started the season off playing well against Julio, A.B. Mike Evans. That's not bad, and he played damn good. G.B. then injury. He's played about 15 snaps since the vikings game. But that's more because Kyle has been playing so well. But that play has regressed, by all of them. Kyle, Eddie, Adrian, not that they're bad players, they're just not playing as well. And I wouldn't be afraid to say that Danny T missing time and the whole defense playing worse is not a coincidence.

I think they'll beat Cleveland, and S.F. But in reality for me, it doesn't matter. Not even if they lose by 30 to Philly. I'd keep Fox till the end of the year. It's not that he doesn't deserve to be fired. He does, but the teams still playing hard for him. It really does not matter. What matters most is playing time for the kids. And they're all playing. As long as the kids are playing, I'm fine with my Chicago Bears for the rest of the year. This season was never about this season for me anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’d agree with most of that, although the problem is we have been in this position in November for four straight years.

Cooper has so far had two boneheaded plays: the slowing down on the FG block and leaving a huge 20 yard cushion on a 3rd and 17. Aside from that he has been good at times but inconsistent.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't Cooper get torched twice on the same drive for a super fast scoring drive by the tenderloins?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Pace has drafted some good young players during his time here so far, successful franchises are built through the draft and he has drafted well. His Free Agency hasn't been great but FA is a tricky and often disappointing business.

In mitigation I think the roster was so bereft when he arrived that it was going to take numerous drafts to fill it up, and the dumpster diving for one year prove it candidates has been to fill holes in the short term whilst we add drafted players year on year. They won't all work out. Emery was a fuck up GM hire of truly epic proportions by ownership, he left us with virtually nothing apart from Jay Cutler's gigantic contract.

You only need to look across at Green Bay with and without Rodgers to see the difference a franchise QB makes, its pretty much a get out of jail free card. If he recruits a talented offensive mind for Trubisky and he becomes a top five QB in the league, then everything else should work itself out and he'll be here for a long time.

But we're all in limbo with Fox in charge, because he's literally the worst possible coach in the league for a young Quarterback. There's a very real question as to whether Fox's really heavy restriction and virtual suffocation of Trubisky is damaging him for the longer term. Pace needs to deal with this one way or another.

I think firing him now before he can damage Trubisky any further by making him gun shy, and allowing our QB to play with some freedom (without fear of turnovers being the only thing being instilled in him) would make a lot of sense. Either that or just tell Fox to lead the dressing room but leave Loggains to call offence as he wants.

I would have fired Fox after the GB game for this exact reason...

- it was a terrible loss coming off a bye
- Fox was clearly restricting Trubisky and Loggains

I’d still fire him even with just six games to go but I’m resigned to it not happening now. But getting the next coaching set up right is Pace’s number one priority now he has drafted a QB. If he wants to be successful he’s got to be close to perfect next off season, in order of importance he has to...

- Get HC hire right
- Hope that Trubisky turns into a franchise guy
- Completely rebuild the WR group
- Hit on his top two picks in the draft and hope to get another day one starter from the rest (OLB, DB, OT, WR)
- Have more hits than misses in FA
- Try and keep Fangio

That’s a lot on his plate. Best of luck to him.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Didn't Cooper get torched twice on the same drive for a super fast scoring drive by the tenderloins?

Yeah, after that play I described I think he got exposed on a double move. So two inexplicable mental errors and one technical. I’m not super optimistic about him.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’d agree with most of that, although the problem is we have been in this position in November for four straight years.

Cooper has so far had two boneheaded plays: the slowing down on the FG block and leaving a huge 20 yard cushion on a 3rd and 17. Aside from that he has been good at times but inconsistent.
You are not wrong about any of that. And surely nobody can lament your feelings for the fourth straight year.

All I can offer is this year is different. This season, you see the Bears future starting games. You see some poise, touch, mobility, and you see all these traits and more shorthanded by the staff and personnel.

That fact alone, makes this season different than any other Ive ever seen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk