So I subscribed to PFF for a month...

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting Idonije had a higher score than Peppers. Their stats are similar, and Peppers has higher stats: sacks, QB hits, hurries and tackles, until you see Peppers had a lot more snaps. If you divide by the snaps, Izzy was more effect per snap.
Yeah he definitely took advantage of having Peppers on the other side. I'm not sure if these stats factor in double teams. Regardless, Drew Rosenhaus will probably print this out and demand a $16 million/yr contract for Izzy.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Yeah he definitely took advantage of having Peppers on the other side. I'm not sure if these stats factor in double teams. Regardless, Drew Rosenhaus will probably print this out and demand a $16 million/yr contract for Izzy.

LOL! That would be funny. Actually, if I was Rosenhaus, and heard Emery talk about PFF, I would bring a print out too.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Did Kelvin Hayden play 25% of snaps? Would be interesting to see how he graded out.

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did Kelvin Hayden play 25% of snaps? Would be interesting to see how he graded out.
Yes, in fact, DJ Moore did too. I'm away from my computer until tomorrow afternoon, so I can't post any more screenshots until then. But DJ Moore graded out at +3.1 (42nd overall among 113 CBs; they put the corners and nickelbacks on the same list), while Kelvin Hayden scored a -2.9 (72 overall). Tillman was +22.8 (4th overall) and Jennings +12.4 (9th overall).

Last edited:

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Yes, in fact, DJ Moore did too. I'm away from my computer until tomorrow afternoon, so I can't post any more screenshots until then. But DJ Moore graded out at +3.1 overall among 113 CBs (they don't differentiate nickel backs), while Kelvin Hayden scored a -2.9 (72 overall). Tillman was +22.8 (4th overall) and Jennings +12.4 (9th overall).

Wow

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Yes, in fact, DJ Moore did too. I'm away from my computer until tomorrow afternoon, so I can't post any more screenshots until then. But DJ Moore graded out at +3.1 (42nd overall among 113 CBs; they put the corners and nickelbacks on the same list), while Kelvin Hayden scored a -2.9 (72 overall). Tillman was +22.8 (4th overall) and Jennings +12.4 (9th overall).

DJ Moore graded better than Hayden. I doubt Bowman played enough to get graded.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Not to sound needy and ungrateful, because I really appreciate you posting all of this stuff, but it would be cool to see the 4-3 DTs too. I wonder if Okoye or Collins played 25% of snaps (i doubt it, but i didn't think Moore did, so we'll see). Also interested to see where they rank Paea and Melton

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DJ Moore graded better than Hayden. I doubt Bowman played enough to get graded.

Correct, he only took 21 snaps at CB. He did do well on special teams though. I won't post the special teams list because it's so long, but among those who played in at least half the games, Bowman tied for 12th out of 268. Weems tied for 5th. I wouldn't put too much into those rankings though; it appears they are mainly based on tackles/missed tackles and guys who made/missed zero tackles (ex.=Podlesh) received an average ranking.
They do have separate rankings for kickers (Gould ranked 9th), punters (Podlesh ranked 28th), and kick returners (Hester ranked 15th among those who returned at least 10 kicks).

Last edited:

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not to sound needy and ungrateful, because I really appreciate you posting all of this stuff, but it would be cool to see the 4-3 DTs too. I wonder if Okoye or Collins played 25% of snaps (i doubt it, but i didn't think Moore did, so we'll see). Also interested to see where they rank Paea and Melton

Not at all; I subscribed to share the info. I'll try to post the rest of the relevant info today. The DT/NTs are on the same list, and the 3-4 DEs are on a separate ranking system (I noticed you mentioned some 3-4 DEs while talking about DTs in another thread).

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DT/NT
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Henry Melton has progressed from 63/77 in 2010, to 16/88 in 2011, to 7/85 in 2012 among DT/NTs.

Attachments

• DT1.jpg
    DT1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DT2.jpg
    DT2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 53
  • DT3.jpg
    DT3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 55

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CBs
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CB1.jpg
    CB1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 75
  • CB2.jpg
    CB2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 73
  • CB3.jpg
    CB3.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 73
  • CB4.jpg
    CB4.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 73

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure I agree with this one, but here are the Safeties:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Safety1.jpg
    Safety1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Safety2.jpg
    Safety2.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Safety3.jpg
    Safety3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 61

PeppersSweater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we should sign FA TE Bennett and cut Davis. If not that, then if there's a good value TE in the draft, let's draft one. I think Bennett is the better choice.
I like the fact that Martellus Bennett will be only 26 years old this season, doesn't have a significant injury history, and has done consistently well according to PFF (ranked top 15% for 3 years in a row). Hard to believe what we paid Kellen Davis considering Bennett had a base salary of $2.5 million this past season.

Last edited:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I like the fact that Martellus Bennett will be only 26 years old this season, doesn't have a significant injury history, and has done consistently well according to PFF (ranked top 15% for 3 years in a row). Hard to believe what we paid Kellen Davis considering Bennett had a base salary of $2.5 million this past season.

Bennett had a base salary of 2.5mil last season. We'd be willing to pay that and more considering what we got from Davis.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Bennett is a really nice option, but he seems like he wants to be back in New York.