So I watched last year's 9er's vs Bears game again last night....

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I would say that the niners would be more like last year's team except for QB.

The Bears on the other hand are a COMPLETELY different team other than QB.

I think a couple of things can happen here:

1. The Niners are caught completely off guard, because there really is no way to study a team that has not played a regular game, again going back to the large scale changes we made.

2. We come out and things do not go as planned primarily because this is a new offense and defense.

My prediction is that the Niners will be caught of guard initially, but they have the talent and experience both on the field and within the coaching staff to make adjustments and we end up losing a game that will be close in the first half, but essentially over by the 3rd quarter due to adjustments.

I will consider this game a success if we are disciplined, play with energy and execute the plays, but simply get out played due to talent

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure Lance is any good. Shanny is good at developing quarterbacks and or just has a good system that benefits QB’s. So that helps. His throwing motion is pretty weird though. I’m also pretty sure them keeping Jimmy G shows they’re not really sold on him, but with the resources they gave up he has to play.

Watch Lance end up being an MVP candidate.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I’m not sure Lance is any good. Shanny is good at developing quarterbacks and or just has a good system that benefits QB’s. So that helps. His throwing motion is pretty weird though. I’m also pretty sure them keeping Jimmy G shows they’re not really sold on him, but with the resources they gave up he has to play.

Watch Lance end up being an MVP candidate.
Lance and Lamar Jackson are both similar, so yes....that is a bold prediction, but it is just as likely as him falling apart.

Lance really is boom or bust....but he has the right coach.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

I think a couple of things can happen here:

1. The Niners are caught completely off guard, because there really is no way to study a team that has not played a regular game, again going back to the large scale changes we made.

2. We come out and things do not go as planned primarily because this is a new offense and defense.

My prediction is that the Niners will be caught of guard initially, but they have the talent and experience both on the field and within the coaching staff to make adjustments and we end up losing a game that will be close in the first half, but essentially over by the 3rd quarter due to adjustments.

I will consider this game a success if we are disciplined, play with energy and execute the plays, but simply get out played due to talent
It’s very possible the Bears catch the 9ners off guard. Shanny has the experience to make the adjustments when needed. I think the real test will be if Eber/Getsy can make the adjustments when they need to. Something tells me that Getsy is smart enough to put his offense in a position to succeed unlike Nagy.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
will Fields have more touchdowns than Lance has ints?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Lance and Lamar Jackson are both similar, so yes....that is a bold prediction, but it is just as likely as him falling apart.

Lance really is boom or bust....but he has the right coach.

I know what you mean, but Lamar did win an MVP and has proven to be a very good NFL quarterback. Lance hasn’t done anything yet so I have a hard time making the comparison. He could be a newer version of Lamar. He could also be a Johnny Manziel with a good coach.

wait. I think you misinterpreted my post. I’m not predicting Lance will be an mvp candidate. I’m being self deprecating by saying “Watch him be an mvp candidate“ after I just got done saying I’m not sure he’s any good and knocking his throwing motion.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Somebody mentioned half time adjustments.....that is something that interests me and will say a lot, good or bad about this coachng staff.
Last year's adjustments ranged from bad to nonexistent.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Counterpoint: Nagy is gone. The Bears ARE allowed to make their own adjustments.

It is an unknown if adjustments will be made by the Bears, but don't assume that the Bears won't adjust because the previous coach couldn't adjust ... ever.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I know what you mean, but Lamar did win an MVP and has proven to be a very good NFL quarterback. Lance hasn’t done anything yet so I have a hard time making the comparison. He could be a newer version of Lamar. He could also be a Johnny Manziel with a good coach.

wait. I think you misinterpreted my post. I’m not predicting Lance will be an mvp candidate. I’m being self deprecating by saying “Watch him be an mvp candidate“ after I just got done saying I’m not sure he’s any good and knocking his throwing motion.
Or you meant to say Muy Very Putrid (MVP) candidate?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
And honestly... I don't see the gap. Sure... the 9er's were missing players... but IDGAF. So were the Bears. No Mack, no Monty, both safeties go out early, and Borom had his first start. Plus the Bears coaching staff had Covid so the special teams coordinator was acting head coach for the game. (that may have been a positive?)

The Bears pass rush was getting a good push against the 9er's Oline (with Trent Williams in the line up), they just had no help on the back end. Jimmy G was making quick decisions with guys in his face and getting completions. (Plays that Lance will most definitely bail on instead of standing in there) Now the 9er's have 3 new players on the interior of their Oline and it has looked quite shaky in the preseason.

Justin Fields was beating up the 9er's defense with his legs and arm. (in a NAGY OFFENSE!!) The Bears offense had numerous lengthy drives and outside of being conservative in the redzone, were getting large chunks of yardage in the run game from Herbert. Imagine what Fields will look like when running a less predictive offense that builds on itself and actually flows well. (fyi, 9er's defense does struggle against mobile qb's)

I really don't see SF matching the intensity that the Bears will play with early on. (Because of HITS).

I feel like at halftime the 9er's will be in the locker room getting an ear full because they're getting rolled over by a bunch of "losers". They "may" come out in the 2nd half and turn it up to get the win.... but I feel like it will be an uphill struggle. The Bears might not be good this year, but I think it's quite possible they dole out a beatdown week 1.

Shanny will have to dig deep in the gimmick bag to pull out a win Sunday.

BEAR DOWN!!!
I honestly could not care less if we win or lose. Its all about how JF looks out there. I dont expect this offense to be very good for at least the first 3 weeks before it starts clicking.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Not sure you could afford it.
‘Kyle Shanahan has to dig deep into his gimmick to pull one out’ gave you away.

Shanahan in a vegetative state can probably outsmart the guy who managed a worse defense than Mel Tucker when he had a multiple-time all pro the bears paid big money to a year later and multiple pro bowlers the last time Alan Williams called a defense in Minnesota.

So yeah, I too wish to orbit Saturn.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Idk, why some of you guys do this to yourselves....I'd be surprised if the game wasn't over at halftime.

I'd be surprised if you ever were a man of your word. Stay away until week 4 like you said you would, ya shit stain mutha fucka.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
‘Kyle Shanahan has to dig deep into his gimmick to pull one out’ gave you away.

Shanahan in a vegetative state can probably outsmart the guy who managed a worse defense than Mel Tucker when he had a multiple-time all pro the bears paid big money to a year later and multiple pro bowlers the last time Alan Williams called a defense in Minnesota.

So yeah, I too wish to orbit Saturn.
Ah yes... the all mighty Kyle Shanahan... The guy with the less than .500 win/loss record can walk on water, but he can't hold a 28 - 3 lead for 2 quarters of football? lol

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ah yes... the all mighty Kyle Shanahan... The guy with the less than .500 win/loss record can walk on water, but he can't hold a 28 - 3 lead for 2 quarters of football? lol
More playoff wins than the Bears since the turn of the millennium and has had some of the worst injury plagued teams over the past few years.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Trey Lance stuff intrigues me. I don't think the 49ers don't like him, I think he's probably not as far along as they had hoped. He just hasn't had the reps. Some high school and college freshman QBs have had more reps than Trey Lance(Lance started 1 year in high school, and 1 year in college). He wasn't drafted for what he's done. He was drafted for what he COULD do.

If our defense is any good week 1, he won't show it. If we don't pressure him, I'd be concerned that he'll play well. But I think we have to get after him to have a chance to win.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
SF 27
Ditka 1,000,000