So Joakim Noah will be coming off the bench according to Yahoo

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good, hopefully this makes him actually useful.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
about time noah moves to the bench, his energy and defense will be useful in the 4th quarter to close games out but thats it. Curious to see who will be in that 2nd unit...noah, gibson, mcdermott, hinrich and brooks? I really want to see portis get some minutes in his rookie season.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I dont really care who starts. I hope the minutes give him enough opportunity to still impact the game, but stay healthy.

Also, nice link. I enjoy pictures.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If Noah could be limited to ~20 minutes a game, I think he'd be much more of a beneficial factor.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Noah could be limited to ~20 minutes a game, I think he'd be much more of a beneficial factor.
lol, he doesn't need to be limited to 20 mpg unless he's hurting.

25-32 range is probably good for him.

If Noah is largely ineffective, then yes, I'd agree with the 20 mpg. Lets see how he's handled training this summer first though.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:

If Noah is largely ineffective, then yes, I'd agree with the 20 mpg. Lets see how he's handled training this summer first though.

The good thing about this move is that it means you can play Pau less minutes. Maybe 28-32. Noah can play 16-20 a night.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I think 18 to 22 is gonna be prime for him. We'll see.

At least we can all agree that the last thing we need is 30+ from him at this point.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think 18 to 22 is gonna be prime for him. We'll see.

At least we can all agree that the last thing we need is 30+ from him at this point.
Yes, though to me its entirely dependent on how he's playing. If he's playing like his 2013-14 version, then 30+ is okay.

If he's playing like last season, more towards 20 mpg is correct.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Not that he would admit to being slower and still feeling hurt, but supposedly hes back to 100% and its a noticeable difference. Seeing how much he relies on his athleticism and energy he should be significantly better than the end of last year when he looked like a scrub.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not that he would admit to being slower and still feeling hurt, but supposedly hes back to 100% and its a noticeable difference. Seeing how much he relies on his athleticism and energy he should be significantly better than the end of last year when he looked like a scrub.

Unless you're missing an arm, no injury causes a 7 foot behemoth to miss gimmie lay ups

Not buying it for a second.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Relevant:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Taj learned how to be a stretch 4 like he said he wanted to be, he'd be starting for sure.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'd really like to see him in the 18-24 minute range. The Bulls' front-court is too deep and Noah is arguably a less useful player at this point than Pau Gasol, Taj Gibson, and Nikola Mirotic. Those 4 guys all need to average 24 minutes per-game combined, and I think it's smart to give Noah less minutes. He's a high energy player that can be great in short bursts.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
knoxville is gonna flip his shit.

lol nah....the important thing is he gets his 25 - 32 min per game. I don't care if he starts or not...the guy can still have a huge impact on the game. if you think otherwise then youre in for a surprise. and its mostly all the hate you guys send noahs way that makes me feel the need to stand up for the guy. 2 years ago everyone on here was saying how he was untradeable and the heart of the team and now everyone wants to dump him after one down year that was injury plagued. typical fandom shit though I guess