So.. rebuilding the offense has cost us D and ST's

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
After this last preseason game, the only phase I'm pumped about is gonna be the offense..the D and ST's will have a tough time of it this season..much bitching about Tucker, and DeCamillis..Not the same team, a 3/4 flip from recent years, when you were pretty sure the D and St's would be enough to cover the horrid offenses Lovie's teams fielded...I can not, in over 35 years, remember a Bears defense, or special teams, that I felt so worried about fucking up a season...Back then, even the ST's could afford to suck, because of at least a decent defense...This team needed a boost in offense and it appears they finally have that long awaited respectability, but not at the expense of total dogshit on defense..and now special teams too...Oh fuck nooo...If they shit the field in embarrassment in those 2 phases..Trestman, and Emery will be roasted until they hire some coaches with decent track records in their respective coaching positions..Fire your thoughts away mofos...

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
the secondary doesn't look like they have a clue on how to cover anybody.

The D line looks fine to me though

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll agree STs has not looked good. And our LBs, CBs, S have not played well. BUT, I think the DL is much improved, and they MAY be able to get after the less mobile QBs and do some damage. it's probably going to be a rocky season. we could be 8-8 or 10-6. i'd say we could improve LB/S next year but man, if Briggs, Tillman and Jennings ALL fall off, there are a LOT of holes to fill. we might still be another season away, but anything could happen this year. vets could stand tall, rooks could step up, 2nd year players could evolve. but i am definitely worried about our def. our OFF may have to score 35 a game LOL

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
2009 we had a bad defense actually. No one remembers because Cutler was horrible that year.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
The secondary and linebackers continue to look clueless. Without Hester the ST's aren't even worth watching. This season feels like another 7-9 or 8-8.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
our defense was going to be bad with or without lovie. lets not forget Lovie had urlacher, peanut. mike brown and briggs in their primes along with Forte and hester.
how many SBs we win?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
they hired an offensive-minded gm to replace a defensive-minded one who outwore his welcome. why is this surprising?

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I believe we have to reserve judgement despite our strong inclinations about this defense. I say OUR strong inclinations because I think we are all pretty much skeptical as to what we have on the defensive side of the ball. Based off our personnel and their performances in years past, training camp, and preseason - I am not all that comfortable with the D (or STs) - but hey, who fucking knows what could happen when the games begin to count. I am setting my expectations low - so I can hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
the frightening thing is our secondary will look like swiss cheese against any elite QB, and we're gonna see a lot of them

Which basically means we're probably back to beating the mediocre teams and losing to the elite ones, one would think

Joker85

Liked Posts:
The D/ST was on the way out anyway. I mark the official end of the Chicago Bears Defensive era the Seattle game 2 years ago when they defense got abused by the exactly same play at least 8 times in back to back drives to give up the tie and eventually loss in OT. The Bears were old and slow, and getting stomped by good teams for a while now. Of course the collapse has been completed, but this team was going to suck without Urlacher/Briggs/Peanut in their prime for a long time defensively.

Special teams wise, I agree there was a big dropoff. Most staggeringly in coverage ability. That rests purely on coaching.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
We can't have a great offense, great, defense, and great special team. Teams that do get lucky to have those young rookies or 2nd year players blossom on time. Then guess what, there gone due to a salary cap. Your going to have some weakness. You can't have elite at every position. It's just about making less bad plays than the other team.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Emery let Marinelli go. I would have offered him 25% over a regular DC's salary. I would have told Rod, "We really like you! In fact we love you!" I would have convinced Rod to be our DC in 2013. Word.

Same for Toub. Sculpt GM would mean Trestman, Marinelli & Toub.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
0-16. I'm starting a suicide pact thread. Who's with me?

Listen to Freddie...

[video=youtube;EToJ4lRq0xk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EToJ4lRq0xk[/video]

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Some of us, saw this coming.

You some?

1302374da75651b849795ee8e9f1fdad.jpg

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, you again. Do you mind? I'd like to take a shit on, Emery, in peace.