So the big gurus with Latham going ahead of Alt

Toast88

Liked Posts:
To trade down is to value a 3rd rounder more than whoever you could get at 9. We’re beyond quantity. It’s time for quality.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Not possible. I’ve been assured that Alt, Nabers, etc., “won’t be there” at 9.

This is going to be the one draft in history where no one slips down, or something.
Exactly, nobody will be there at 9. Math doesn’t matter!

Washington

Liked Posts:
Chargers should trade down and grab Latham if they want him.
I personally believe a trade with Minn is possible with Minn taking JJ and the Chargers getting OL and WR with the 2 1sts they get from Minn.

We need someone to get Alt a bong.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
To trade down is to value a 3rd rounder more than whoever you could get at 9. We’re beyond quantity. It’s time for quality.
Poles said two days ago, it’s going to be tough to make this team. Great, so grab two studs that will not only make the team but will have a huge impact going forward.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I still think option A for Poles is trade down. If they’re picking at 9 it’s because they couldn’t get the deal they wanted. I don’t buy the “I’m fine with 4 picks” routine at all
Depends on who is there at 9, obviously. I just don't see them going DT, at least at 9, because I really think they like Dexter and Pickens a lot more than people think. With 75 or 122, sure. I don't know where to cite this data, but I believe I've heard Waldron runs the 12 personnel a lot. Given that, I don't think Bowers is out of the question at 9.

I do think it's going to be the wild wild west as far as trading goes. First 100 minutes tonight should be a lot of fun.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Latham suddenly jumps from 15ish to #5 the day before the draft? Sounds more like something leaked out about what the Chargers are going to do, rather than all the media draft analysts spontaneously deciding Latham is a better prospect than Alt. Anyway, if true, this would be good for the Bears. Don’t see them taking a RT at #9. Would just make it more likely that Odunze or Turner becomes an option at #9…

NFL.com has had Latham as the highest ranked OL going back to the combine. And for their scoring system, actually it's not all that close.

They have Latham as 6.71 and Alt as 6.49

Their grading system:
1714058914061.png