Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Build around a QB vs get THE QB,

You build around a QB to get to the Super Bowl.

You get the QB to snatch the Lombardi Trophy out of that helpless couldn't get it in the endzone souls grasp.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also the only thing I learned from this superblow is that kyle shanny is not a very good game manager in big moments.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I think we do have our answer. The Chief's oline was not good this year; highly penalized and Taylor was an abysmal signing at RT. They arguably had the worst WR corps in the league and they were very average at running the ball. Yet, high quality QB play prevailed when games were on the line in the playoffs. I feel very confident Poles knows he needs to use the #1 pick to at least try to upgrade the QB position. Without an upgrade at QB, they will be mired into mediocrity forever.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Build around a QB vs get THE QB,

You build around a QB to get to the Super Bowl.

You get the QB to snatch the Lombardi Trophy out of that helpless couldn't get it in the endzone souls grasp.
dont you have to GET the QB, before you can build around him?

Rise

Liked Posts:
The outcome of this game did not matter. Why can’t people think critically? The Bears can have BOTH the team and the QB. This isn’t an either or situation for the Bears.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The outcome of this game did not matter. Why can’t people think critically? The Bears can have BOTH the team and the QB. This isn’t an either or situation for the Bears.
That's the disagreement though. Some people think Fields is the guy, some don't. Some thing Williams is/can be the guy, some don't.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Some think the bears will just fuck it up no matter what(ME!!!)
If you draft Williams and he turns out to be a bust or just a decent QB, is that "fucking up?" Even though pretty much everyone agrees he's the game-changing QB prospect in this draft?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
dont you have to GET the QB, before you can build around him?
You have to get THE QB whenever you have that opportunity. There is no guarantees, but CW looks much more likely to be THE QB ( Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen) than not.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If you draft Williams and he turns out to be a bust or just a decent QB, is that "fucking up?" Even though pretty much everyone agrees he's the game-changing QB prospect in this draft?

100% is, cause fields is at least meh.

I think its a lot more realistic that they fuck up whatever move they make because thats just the bears being the bears!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have to get THE QB whenever you have that opportunity. There is no guarantees, but CW looks much more likely to be THE QB ( Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen) than not.
no argument from me, I like CW, which is why I think the Bears will pass on him and trade down, stick with Fields and draft Harrison

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
100% is, cause fields is at least meh.

I think its a lot more realistic that they fuck up whatever move they make because thats just the bears being the bears!
If the best you can say about Fields going into season 4 is that he is at least meh, how can you not advocate for drafting a QB.
I personally want better than Derek Carr, Daniel Jones, or Kirk Cousins

Nelly

Liked Posts:
That would be a fuck up for me
I suppose it depends on what Daniels and Maye end up doing as well. But hindsight is 20/20. Poles would get ripped to shreds if he traded down and took Maye, especially if Maye turns out to kinda suck while Williams goes on to be a baller.

To me, about the only move he has is to take Williams and move Fields, then it all comes down to how well Williams turns out. If you pass on Williams and he turns out to be just a good, top10ish QB, he wouldn't survive that.

Rise

Liked Posts:
That's the disagreement though. Some people think Fields is the guy, some don't. Some thing Williams is/can be the guy, some don't.

That’s fine, but all I’m saying is acknowledge that with either road we can build a good team around the player. The question is who is the better player.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I suppose it depends on what Daniels and Maye end up doing as well. But hindsight is 20/20. Poles would get ripped to shreds if he traded down and took Maye, especially if Maye turns out to kinda suck while Williams goes on to be a baller.

To me, about the only move he has is to take Williams and move Fields, then it all comes down to how well Williams turns out. If you pass on Williams and he turns out to be just a good, top10ish QB, he wouldn't survive that.

To your last sentence, most likely correct but you never know. Look at the 9ers giving up 3 1sts for Lance only to move on…it really depends. If he gets a haul, hits on those picks, fields turns into a top 12-15 QB and the bears consistently make the playoffs, he would definitely survive…even if Caleb turned out to be great.