So, who else isn't crying right now?

Riker

Liked Posts:
smiley-sad055.gif

Who doesn't shed a little bit of tears now is a certified basketball douchebag that probably rarely picked up a real basketball and spends too much time in front of PC.

This is mindblowing...the guy is just....his charisma levels are over 9000....way over

Liked Posts:
Truly the greatest of all-time (except for Wilt Chamberlain). :0)

Wish i could have seen the ceremony. Could someone maybe post the video once it comes up?

Sad that his career is long over (he hasnt played for the Bulls in more than a decade!? wow)

Riker

Liked Posts:
Wilt? Naaaw...we don't need to go there, Wilt was limited and used his size advantage in his era. Wilt couldn't shoot from outside, couldn't fly, couldn't steal, etc. MJ dominated in probably every segment of the game of basketball. Every single one. That defines the BEST ever. You can fiddle with basketball reference stats all you want, who even cares.

Jordan is the closest there ever was to "perfect basketball player". If you're not aware of that, get your facts straight.

But maybe someone thinks basketball is a game of 7 feet logs bouncing the ball in 2 feet radius under the hoop. To each his own...

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
no mj was the greatest of all time. there isnt a debate....

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i'm going to come out. while mj was playing with bulls. i was a knicks fans. i was born in nyc. i loved nyc. i loved the knicks. Patrick Ewing was my guy. After lving in chicago for so long, i fell in love with bulls. but eh... yeah. even i can admit that MJ was the GOAT

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
i'm going to come out. while mj was playing with bulls. i was a knicks fans. i was born in nyc. i loved nyc. i loved the knicks. Patrick Ewing was my guy. After lving in chicago for so long, i fell in love with bulls. but eh... yeah. even i can admit that MJ was the GOAT

I always wonder if people from around the country/world feel the same way about Jordan that I do. I don't think they can. To grow up in Chicago between 1984 and 1998, you were truly swept up in MJ-mania. For those years, MJ WAS Chicago. I would not be the basketball fan that I am today if I did not get to have that experience.

Damn right I had some tears in my eye yesterday. For 5 minutes, I remembered what it was like to be a basketball fan during that era. I wish that it happened at a different point in my life, because I feel when you grow up with your team winning 6 titles in 8 years, you come to expect it. I didnt realize at the time how special it truly was (or MJ truly was for that matter). After 11 years, now I appreciate it and I will continue to whip out my "Ultimate Jordan DVDs" and my "Chicago Bulls Dynasty" DVDs from time to time to reflect.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shoot, MJ himself was pretty much crying. Man I wish I had some dynasty DVDs...I really wish I was old enough to watch Jordan in a Bulls uniform and remember it.

Congrats to MJ, the greatest ever...

Liked Posts:
Riker wrote:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
Riker wrote:
Wilt? Naaaw...we don't need to go there.

Your opinion disgusts me.

How many Wilt games you've seen?

Unfortunately most of the clips of Chamberlain in his prime were too far back. The only footage most of you have seen is when he's in the twilight of his career (still better than Shaq is now though...far more boards) and slow and clumsy but that just adds to his aura. He's mythic. Our eyes werent meant to see it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Riker wrote:
Riker wrote:
Wilt? Naaaw...we don't need to go there.

Your opinion disgusts me.

How many Wilt games you've seen?

Unfortunately most of the clips of Chamberlain in his prime were too far back. The only footage most of you have seen is when he's in the twilight of his career (still better than Shaq is now though...far more boards) and slow and clumsy but that just adds to his aura. He's mythic. Our eyes werent meant to see it.
Yeah it's so hard to get a bunch of rebounds when you're a foot taller than everyone else on the floor.

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Yeah it's so hard to get a bunch of rebounds when you're a foot taller than everyone else on the floor.[/quote]

Seriously. Where does garbage like that come from?

Bill Russell was 6-0?" Nate Thurmond was 5-10"? Dolph Schayes was 5-7" was he? Kareem was 6-1?"

Ignorance aint bliss people.

Just because he was great and he didnt play 5 minutes ago we have to excuse away everything anyone did from a different time. You guys make it sound like he was playing against a bunch of 5th grade girls when in fact he was facing 50-greatest players and Hall of Famers all the time.

I even heard Ben Gordon on a dvd saying Kobe's 81* was better than Wilt's 100 (last time i checked 100 was greater than 81, especially without that 3-point line) and that Wilt got his when he played "against midgets."

But where's the proof to back up that ignorance? Again, was Bill Russell 5-9?" Was Nate Thurmond a midget (guy was nearly 7 foot)? Were all these guys he faced really midgets?

Nope...it just happened in a different time so since every single thing today is so much better than its ever been we have to excuse it all away.

C'mon people.

Let's get wise.

* It's true i dont like the NBA today as much as the Dream Team generation and even older ones but I still won't excuse away Kobe's 81. I'm not going to say Kobe scored 81 against the pathetic Toronto Raptors. 81 points is 81 points! Scoring over 20 points in an NBA game is remarkable in and of itself...

One guy got 81, the other had 100, the number of perfection.

Both great, great, great players.

No excuses.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
What about that speech...

Find a Hall of Fame speech that was more self-righteous, less gracious, and all around more boarish than that speech Jordan gave Friday. Name one. I just watched it again and dude was just a jerk. A damn shame.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
What about that speech...

Find a Hall of Fame speech that was more self-righteous, less gracious, and all around more boarish than that speech Jordan gave Friday. Name one. I just watched it again and dude was just a jerk. A damn shame.

Peter Vescey's speech was worse than Jordan's.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
No it wasn't worse than Jordan's. Vescey was incoherent, rambling, and overbearing. However, he was not vindictive, vengeful and disrespectful purposely. He didn't expose a bunch of grudges he has held over time, though his reputation is one of a loser. What Jordan did was suprisingly sad and distasteful. Had Krause done something similar, people would call for his head. I think it is sad to say that Krause would not have done such a thing in that forum but Jordan did...

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Well Krause saying that he was the main reason for the Bulls winning the championships, and not Michael Jordan, would just sound stupid, so Krause would rightfully be called out.

Liked Posts:
Did Vescey get enshrined into the Hall or did he just give an intro speech?

I live in China and youtube barely works here.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Well Krause saying that he was the main reason for the Bulls winning the championships, and not Michael Jordan, would just sound stupid, so Krause would rightfully be called out.

Krause NEVER said that. Krause was misquoted, Jordan knows it, but Jordan is so damn bitter that he won't let go of what amounts to a lie...sad.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Yeah it's so hard to get a bunch of rebounds when you're a foot taller than everyone else on the floor.

Seriously. Where does garbage like that come from?

Bill Russell was 6-0?" Nate Thurmond was 5-10"? Dolph Schayes was 5-7" was he? Kareem was 6-1?"

Ignorance aint bliss people.

Just because he was great and he didnt play 5 minutes ago we have to excuse away everything anyone did from a different time. You guys make it sound like he was playing against a bunch of 5th grade girls when in fact he was facing 50-greatest players and Hall of Famers all the time.

I even heard Ben Gordon on a dvd saying Kobe's 81* was better than Wilt's 100 (last time i checked 100 was greater than 81, especially without that 3-point line) and that Wilt got his when he played "against midgets."

But where's the proof to back up that ignorance? Again, was Bill Russell 5-9?" Was Nate Thurmond a midget (guy was nearly 7 foot)? Were all these guys he faced really midgets?

Nope...it just happened in a different time so since every single thing today is so much better than its ever been we have to excuse it all away.

C'mon people.

Let's get wise.

* It's true i dont like the NBA today as much as the Dream Team generation and even older ones but I still won't excuse away Kobe's 81. I'm not going to say Kobe scored 81 against the pathetic Toronto Raptors. 81 points is 81 points! Scoring over 20 points in an NBA game is remarkable in and of itself...

One guy got 81, the other had 100, the number of perfection.

Both great, great, great players.

No excuses.
Those are just 4 players. What was the average height of the rest of the NBA back then? Even if you're 6'5" Elgin Baylor you can grab boards like you're Dennis Rodman without really trying because you're quite simply taller than everyone else. And speaking of Rodman, now THAT'S a great rebounder. He was what, like 6'7" and still led the league in rebounding for years. 18 rebounds per game in the 90's? That's great rebounding. And what about Charles Barkley? He's like 6'4"! For them to be getting rebound numbers like that against people like Shaq, Robinson, Olajuwon, Duncan, etc, that's a good rebounder. Yes Wilt could still get some great rebounding numbers against players like Dolph Shayes, Bill Russell, and Kareem, but at that point they'd pretty much be the ones getting all the rebounds. How else can Wilt get 55 rebounds in one game?

I'm not saying Wilt isn't a great player, he is definitely one of the greatest, but he is not the best. Fact of the matter is, when you're a 7'2" athletic man, chances are you're going to out rebound a bunch of 6'2" somewhat athletic guys and the occasional really athletic 6'5" guy. When you have players like him and Russell on the floor together, there's no rebounds for anyone else which is why they have the ridiculously high rebound numbers in comparison to everyone else, despite them being close to each other.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Wilt Chamberlain would have been a great player in this era. He would have been a great rebounder in this era. He would not have been nearly as dominant but he would have been an all-star MVP caliber center in today's game.