Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears need a left tackle, which is a premium position that other franchises simply are not going to sleep on and let fall to the mid-second. For every Orlando Brown Jr. there are dozens of failures. If the Bears are lucky they wind up with a Brian O'Neill or Brandon Parker type player who can at least be a viable starter on the right side, most of the time though these guys just bust out.
They needed a QB more and they don't fall either.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
A one year starter from NC? People liked the fact the Bears drafted a QB. Most knew it was the wrong QB drafted. You can’t compare Trubisky to Fields. There has been plenty of QBs who have won with mediocre LTs. We are talking about LTs, not the line as a whole.
Donovan Smith? Very good.
Eric Fisher? Elite.
Trent Brown? Very good.
Jason Peters? Elite.

Just keep going back man, there are no scrubs. The worst you'll find is average guys, and Charles Leno Jr. isn't even close to average.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Donovan Smith? Very good.
Eric Fisher? Elite.
Trent Brown? Very good.
Jason Peters? Elite.

Just keep going back man, there are no scrubs. The worst you'll find is average guys, and Charles Leno Jr. isn't even close to average.
When did I mentioned teams can win with scrubs as LT? I said you can win with mediocre LTs, wins in general, not just the SB. You are right, Leno is below average and needs to be upgraded. But QB is more important.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
When did I mentioned teams can win with scrubs as LT? I said you can win with mediocre LTs, wins in general, not just the SB. You are right, Leno is below average and needs to be upgraded. But QB is more important.
If quarterback is so important then why is everyone so content with the fact that nothing has been done in seven years to protect that asset?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Chiefs were smart enough to have the conditions for success in place and when their guy came along in the draft they pounced. The Bears are hoping Justin Fields does what basically no quarterback in history has ever done and just carry a garbage offensive line with a dimwit coach to the promised land.
Nice non answer. I so hate when someone states some truth to be correct instead of addressing the question at hand because they know it won't go well. They were not moving up for a LT if they didn't have one and felt as strongly about Mahones as they did.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Quick PSA. Fields will be live on the score with Parkins @2:30

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I haven't seen a selection so universally loved by fans and media alike. In '18 i loved that Pace took a swing on a QB but not the QB. This time i love the QB taken.

The Bears snagged a guy who probably should have been the #2 overall pick behind what many believe to be a generational QB prospect in Lawrence. They got him at 11. I don't care about the OL right now. I don't care about the HC. This is a W and you can't convince me otherwise. Honestly, if this coach and GM cant build around this guy and create a consistent playoff contender, then the Bears are screwed regardless of if they "bUiLt Da TrEnChEs" first or not.

Mitch missed open WRs by miles on plays where he had time. He had a constant unwillingness to gain positive yardage and after 4 years showed too many instances of making rookie mistakes. and on top of all that, earmuffs, blinders, mud flaps, whatever the fuck. The dude did not have the BDE and confidence to get it done.

So much harder to find a QB than it is to find everything else. You guys more than any other fan base should have understood this by now.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
If quarterback is so important then why is everyone so content with the fact that nothing has been done in seven years to protect that asset?
I don’t think there is one person here that is content with what you said. The biggest problem is the Bears have failed to find a QB in 7 years. If they had a legit QB they would have been so much better, even with Leno at LT. You are a fool to think a LT like Trent Brown + a QB like Trubisky is a better combination than a LT like Leno + a top 10 QB.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I don’t think there is one person here that is content with what you said. The biggest problem is the Bears have failed to find a QB in 7 years. If they had a legit QB they would have been so much better, even with Leno at LT. You are a fool to think a LT like Trent Brown + a QB like Trubisky is a better combination than a LT like Leno + a top 10 QB.
Nick Foles, the Bears third-string quarterback, hoisted the trophy because he had an elite offensive line (including an elite offensive tackle) in front of him. Just this past Super Bowl Pat Mahomes looked like Mitchell Trubisky because he was under siege the whole game.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Quick PSA. Fields will be live on the score with Parkins @2:30

I'll be listening for his thoughts on the Bears LTs and how he's prolly going to die if he plays this season

(worst in the league btw)

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Did you even know who Zach Wilson was this time last year? Or who Joe Burrows was two years ago?
Some of us did because we follow the game at the level. Fields left UGA because he couldn't beat out Fromm. Pro tip, that take is completely inaccurate. Burrow left OU because he couldn't beat out Fields. That is accurate.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chiefs were smart enough to have the conditions for success in place and when their guy came along in the draft they pounced. The Bears are hoping Justin Fields does what basically no quarterback in history has ever done and just carry a garbage offensive line with a dimwit coach to the promised land.
You know that team was built around Alex Smith and Mahomes sat for a year right?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Nick Foles, the Bears third-string quarterback, hoisted the trophy because he had an elite offensive line (including an elite offensive tackle) in front of him. Just this past Super Bowl Pat Mahomes looked like Mitchell Trubisky because he was under siege the whole game.
And Carson Wentz a top QB at the time got them there before getting hurt. Foles would not be able to sustain what he did in that great run throughout an entire year. Please look at the past 20 years of SB winners and tell me what you notice. Great QB play.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You know that team was built around Alex Smith and Mahomes sat for a year right?
Not an entire year, Mahomes did take snaps in 2017. And I think that team was built to win, not for any one player. The Chiefs flawlessly laid the groundwork.

And you'll notice the first thing they did after Fisher and Schwartz went down was go out and get Orlando Brown Jr.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
And Carson Wentz a top QB at the time got them there before getting hurt. Foles would not be able to sustain what he did in that great run throughout an entire year. Please look at the past 20 years of SB winners and tell me what you notice. Great QB play.
Carson Wentz took zero snaps in the playoffs.

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
Fields was a solid move...Fuller, Dalton, no OT were shit tier moves prior to the draft

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not an entire year, Mahomes did take snaps in 2017. And I think that team was built to win, not for any one player. The Chiefs flawlessly laid the groundwork.

And you'll notice the first thing they did after Fisher and Schwartz went down was go out and get Orlando Brown Jr.
What is your point?

The Bears are dumb?
We know. It was still the best move they could make for the team morale right now, and the highest upside for the high price of trading up.

I think the Patriots were smart to play value and stay where they were, but we weren't picking 15. If Vikings take Fields at 14, and Pats take Jones...the Bears have no hope or tackles.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Yes because they already have a franchise QB. So they can give away draft capital for a legit LT.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What is your point?

The Bears are dumb?
We know. It was still the best move they could make for the team morale right now, and the highest upside for the high price of trading up.

I think the Patriots were smart to play value and stay where they were, but we weren't picking 15. If Vikings take Fields at 14, and Pats take Jones...the Bears have no hope or tackles.
Well a lot of good tackles slide into the twenties. Bears could have traded back, stockpiled picks, and built the offensive line up.