So why would Josh McCown come back anyway?

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It occurs to me that your opinion on the McCown FA situation is simple test of NFL common sense. If you really thought he was coming back on cheap money then you probably don't really get how the NFL works.

Call it wishful thinking.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I wouldnt be surprised if he looked at Mccown's six games and ignored the rest of his career including the time he benched Hanie for him. Also Vick? Lol

IDK why u laugh at Vick...when he's healthy and gets pass protection he wins. Check his record.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You did say it was foolish to pay Josh and you said you didn't think it would be done. That is the problem, you didn't get the obvious point that he was going to get paid. If you want to say that you don't consider his contract to be substantial, fine, but I don't think that is an accurate view. I don't remember a lot of people saying he was getting 3mil from the Bears, that is too much for a true B/U when you have a big money QB and I would have been shocked to see that offer from Chicago.

The Bears gave Campbell 3.5 mil, and many felt McCown deserved as much. The problem is you came in here touting victory because you misread people's quotes as saying he would come back here on the cheap. There's not very many that thought he'd sign here real cheap, in fact, plenty were upset at the deal which allowed him to hit FA in the first place.

And again, I never said he wouldn't get paid, I said he wasn't in line for a huge pay day, and I don't think 5 mil a season qualifies as some huge pay day when he was in line to get around 3 mil in the first place. Now, I sure as hell never expected ANYONE to give him the chance to start, and I believe that opportunity played bigger in his decision than simply the money. However, that comes back to my point that I don't think Lovie recognizes a decent QB when he sees one.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
However, that comes back to my point that I don't think Lovie recognizes a decent QB when he sees one.
Sure he does. He game plans against them all the time. Lovies problem was never that he didn't know. or understand offense. It was that he never made it a priority.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears gave Campbell 3.5 mil, and many felt McCown deserved as much. The problem is you came in here touting victory because you misread people's quotes as saying he would come back here on the cheap. There's not very many that thought he'd sign here real cheap, in fact, plenty were upset at the deal which allowed him to hit FA in the first place.

And again, I never said he wouldn't get paid, I said he wasn't in line for a huge pay day, and I don't think 5 mil a season qualifies as some huge pay day when he was in line to get around 3 mil in the first place. Now, I sure as hell never expected ANYONE to give him the chance to start, and I believe that opportunity played bigger in his decision than simply the money. However, that comes back to my point that I don't think Lovie recognizes a decent QB when he sees one.

This is double talk. You scoffed at him getting paid. He got paid and now you down talk the pay day.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Sure he does. He game plans against them all the time. Lovies problem was never that he didn't know. or understand offense. It was that he never made it a priority.

And normally lost.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This is double talk. You scoffed at him getting paid. He got paid and now you down talk the pay day.

:obama:

His contract is low end starter money. Money that was discussed around here if someone was dumb enough to offer him a starter's position.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Common sense would be to judge a player from his most recent body of work, and not 6 years ago...... Unless that player is Jay Cutler of course.

Because that always works. Ask Cassell, Anderson, flynn etc. This has happened before

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And had a series of top ten defenses by DVOA. You don't get your own facts.

Um, cool, at least he looked good losing.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hence why sticking with a bad one for his last four years cost him his career in Chicago.

Agreed. Good thing the guy who fired lovie got rid of said QB