Soldier Field Crowd

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I haven't been to a game in Soldier Field since the late 90's (before the renovation), For those who have been, and particularly those who have been to other NFL stadiums, what are the noticeable differences in terms of crowd noise?

I've been to many games in Seattle and when the opposing team has the ball the noise is deafening. When I watch Bears games it seems as if fans don't realize the affect they can have on the opposing team's offense. Is it really as quiet in Soldier Field as it sounds on TV? When I watch other games (Seattle, New Orleans) there's a huge difference. So, is it the fans? Is it the acoustics?

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
I would think places with roofs are inherently louder... wind also affects how sound travels, but id be interested to know if we're just too busy talking amongst ourselves about what Cutler would have done to blow that previous play....

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
A bunch of lazy fucks in the lower bowl. Never seen a more apathetic crowd on 3rd down.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you are in the top section at night watch out for bugs because they are everywhere.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A bunch of lazy fucks in the lower bowl. Never seen a more apathetic crowd on 3rd down.

They do seem apathetic when watching on TV but I didn't want to label them unfairly if it's just not translating to the broadcast the same as in other NFL stadiums.

I encourage all who plan to attend a Bears game to shame your Bears brethren into getting off their collective asses and make a fucking impact...Every God Damned Game!

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The North endzone crowd is incredibly loud - when the Bears have the ball near the endzone and are trying to get a play in.... Dumb fucks.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The crowd has been so much better this year, it's plenty loud.

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't been to a game in Soldier Field since the late 90's (before the renovation), For those who have been, and particularly those who have been to other NFL stadiums, what are the noticeable differences in terms of crowd noise?

I've been to many games in Seattle and when the opposing team has the ball the noise is deafening. When I watch Bears games it seems as if fans don't realize the affect they can have on the opposing team's offense. Is it really as quiet in Soldier Field as it sounds on TV? When I watch other games (Seattle, New Orleans) there's a huge difference. So, is it the fans? Is it the acoustics?

The Seattle stadium was designed to amplify crowd noise.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My experiences at Soldier field tell me that the Bear fans are loud no matter which team has the ball, for the following reason...

Most of em are drunk

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Seattle stadium was designed to amplify crowd noise.

That wouldn't explain why Arrowhead, one of the oldest NFL stadiums (1968), is every bit as loud as Seattle and holds the record. Still, with a fanbase the size of Chicago you'd think you could find enough willing to make some noise...at the right times.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My experiences at Soldier field tell me that the Bear fans are loud no matter which team has the ball, for the following reason...

Most of em are drunk

how do you know? you're busy clotheslining chain-wallet lesbians in Asheville on your Honda Gold Wing!

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I only bring this up because it really does make a difference, especially in big games like this Sunday. If you're going to the game start a friggin grassroots movement. Tell the fans around you that if they have a voice on Monday they didn't do their job on Sunday. Also, point out when to give it a rest when the Bears have the ball (pre-snap) and get back at it once the ball is snapped. Non-stop screaming your friggin head off when the Bears are on D.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'm at every home game and it gets appropriately loud when the team is competitive. Sunday the place was rocking. It will never be like Seattle because their stadium was designed specifically to amplify the crowd noise.

I go to one road game each year. This year we went to Arizona. Bear fans were loud as hell in that dome.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That wouldn't explain why Arrowhead, one of the oldest NFL stadiums (1968), is every bit as loud as Seattle and holds the record. Still, with a fanbase the size of Chicago you'd think you could find enough willing to make some noise...at the right times.

I have only been to multiple games in two different NFL stadiums but I can tell you Chicago is louder out of the two. At least for the home team. The other stadium is the Falcons.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch any game on TV and you'll see hundreds of curmudgeons sitting on their hands at the most critical times. It's quite sad.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch any game on TV and you'll see hundreds of curmudgeons sitting on their hands at the most critical times. It's quite sad.

People in Atlanta yell at people who stand up in front of them in the lower bowl. They say they are blocking their view. I have seen this numerous times.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People in Atlanta yell at people who stand up in front of them in the lower bowl. They say they are blocking their view. I have seen this numerous times.

that has happened to us at Soldier Field too, even up in the nosebleeds of the North endzone. We just cropdust them

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
I get it. But when it comes to 3rd down when the Bears are on defense, fuck em.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Arrowhead also has 4,416 more screaming fans in the stands on game day than CenturyLink field. Also a bit misleading how you compared it given that the record at Arrowhead was set in 2014 at 142.2 decibels. It was previously set in 2013 at CenturyLink field at 137.6 decibels.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Arrowhead also has 4,416 more screaming fans in the stands on game day than CenturyLink field. Also a bit misleading how you compared it given that the record at Arrowhead was set in 2014 at 142.2 decibels. It was previously set in 2013 at CenturyLink field at 137.6 decibels. Some more context to that even still. The previous record was simply a December game at Seattle. The current record holder at Arrowhead was to a packed house during a playoff game so Arrowhead was filled to capacity.

Misleading my ass. You missed the point completely. It was about Century Link being "built to be loud." I was pointing out that a much older and also outdoor stadium (Arrowhead), like both Century Link and Soldier Field can be extremely loud. You're really splitting hairs if you're calling me out for erring on the "current" record holder for decibel level.