Solution for Jenkins

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Whatever his back issue is, that's a coaching decision and fine, I get that.

But I'm more concerned at this point by reports that he is disengaged. That he kinda mopes around on the sidelines and doesn't talk to anyone, and he hasn't been spotted with his head in a playbook tablet.

I think the team culture needs to step up and we need to see Mack or Nichols (not Hicks because he's just too nice) but somebody needs to get up in Jenkins face and ask him what his deal is. Hold him accountable as a teammate. Maybe even beat his ****ing ***. We know the OL won't do anything because they want their shot at starting. The d needs to take charge of this situation if we want to have a winning season.

Send a message

Honestly I'm surprised he hasn't been beaten with a pillowcase full of oranges while he's sleeping at this point. 11 practices missed? Gtfoh with this chit.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Not sure if this was brought up, but this reminds me a lot of the Chris Williams situation many moons ago

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

But I'm more concerned at this point by reports that he is disengaged. That he kinda mopes around on the sidelines and doesn't talk to anyone, and he hasn't been spotted with his head in a playbook tablet.

I think the team culture needs to step up and we need to see Mack or Nichols (not Hicks because he's just too nice) but somebody needs to get up in Jenkins face and ask him what his deal is. Hold him accountable as a teammate. Maybe even beat his ****ing ***. We know the OL won't do anything because they want their shot at starting. The d needs to take charge of this situation if we want to have a winning season.

Send a message

Honestly I'm surprised he hasn't been beaten with a pillowcase full of oranges while he's sleeping at this point. 11 practices missed? Gtfoh with this chit.
So you’re ordering a Code Red?

TrapperKarl

Liked Posts:
Just curious about the reports. Do you have a link? Not disagreeing.. I just haven't read it.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Send a message

Aye.

Time for the defense to blanket party this mofo in his sleep.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Khalil Mack: "Hey Teven, stop being hurt."

Teven Jenkins: "Oh, ok."

If only they would have thought of this sooner.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Send a message

Kruetz would never stand for such weak shit.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You are the very first person to mention it.

Man I would have thought a few people would have drawn those comparisons...good to know I am the only one who remembers failed O-Lineman with back issues

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Man I would have thought a few people would have drawn those comparisons...good to know I am the only one who remembers failed O-Lineman with back issues
This is why we look to you for guidance.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
IIRC the Chris Williams thing was his neck. So yeah, similar in they are both spine area.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Send a message

I bet if you weighed 330 goddamn pounds your back would be tight too! Have some sympathy for this poor kid...........

licensed-image

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet if you weighed 330 goddamn pounds your back would be tight too! Have some sympathy for this poor kid...........

licensed-image
Being 6'6" 320 lbs is exactly why it's concerning.

Big fellas don't bounce back quickly from back injuries.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
IIRC the Chris Williams thing was his neck. So yeah, similar in they are both spine area.

You recalled incorrectly:

No. 1 draft pick Chris Williams walked out halfway through the Chicago Bears’ second practice of training camp Thursday because of stiffness in his lower back.

First-round draft pick Chris Williams has had surgery to repair a herniated disc in his lower back. The plan is to keep him on the 53-man roster at this point, but when the offensive tackle will be able to return, no one can say.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Honestly, this reminds me of Pace's 1st big FA signing Pernell McPhee as much as if not more than the Chris Williams and Marc Colombo picks. Just like when the Ravens notified the Bears about McPhee's knee problems before Dumb Fuck signed him anyway, Jenkins missed his last 4 NCAA games, yet Pace not only selected him, but traded up and gave away a pick for that privilege. This is one reason why I call Pace the poor man's Jerry Angelo; he can't help signing and drafting pre-injured players and giving away picks to get "his guy".

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So you’re ordering a Code Red?
Code Orange. Didn't you read his post?

Nagy

"Son, we live on a team that has Fields, and that Fields has to be guarded by men with guns (muscles). Whose gonna do it? You? You, Arlington Hamburger? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Jenkins, and you curse the Bears. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Jenkin's back, while tight, probably will save lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want Jenkins on that field, you need Jenkins on that field. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending some QBs. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very protection that the offensive line provides, then questions the manner in which they provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some shoulder pads, and play the line. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

Trubisky

"Why are you so mean to me? I am going to Buffalo where I can carry around a clipboard every Sunday".

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Son, we live in a league that requires offensive lines for a team to be successful, and those lines must be solidified by men with functioning backs.

Who's gonna do it? You? You, the visor wearing dipshit that outsmarts himself on a near weekly basis? You, the guy who understands clock management as well as a kindergartner learning the difference between what the little and big hand are for? I don't fucking think so.

I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Jenkins tightness, and you curse the Chicago Bears. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Jenkins's beating, while tragic, probably saves Justin Fields life; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT I ORDERED THAT CODE RED.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Honestly, this reminds me of Pace's 1st big FA signing Pernell McPhee as much as if not more than the Chris Williams and Marc Colombo picks. Just like when the Ravens notified the Bears about McPhee's knee problems before Dumb Fuck signed him anyway, Jenkins missed his last 4 NCAA games, yet Pace not only selected him, but traded up and gave away a pick for that privilege. This is one reason why I call Pace the poor man's Jerry Angelo; he can't help signing and drafting pre-injured players and giving away picks to get "his guy".

And despite the injury concern, Jenkins was still a first round talent who slipped to the second round. Most were ecstatic about the Jenkins pick and it was/is objectively a good pick. Jenkins will be fine.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And despite the injury concern, Jenkins was still a first round talent who slipped to the second round. Most were ecstatic about the Jenkins pick and it was/is objectively a good pick. Jenkins will be fine.
Yeah. I still like the pick, for now. We'll see how it pans out. I'm not gonna rip my dick off for at least a year.