Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just an awful article.

Brett Favre at 26: Two time MVP. 2 Time First team All Pro. 4 time Pro Bowler. Super Bowl Champion.
Coming off a season of 3899yds 39TD's and 13Int's

Jay Cutler at 26. One Pro Bowl. No playoff games played.
Coming off a season 3666 27TD's and 26INT's.

Was your article serious or written as a joke?

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
Oh boy.

I hate Brett Favre, but...really?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I'm going to say this, but know that I'm being completely serious, Dustin, and trying to help: I think you should take some more time proof-reading your articles. I know how it feels to have a great idea for a piece and want to knock it all out and publish it in one sitting, believe me I do that a bunch. But what tends to happen is that when you get so jazzed up about what you are writing, sentences sometimes ramble and thoughts tend to get confused very easily, resulting in a piece that is more confusing to read than it is thought provoking or informative.

Now, I've had a bunch of practice writing articles and essays, but even I sometimes go for the gold in one sitting and end up having to make large-scale changes to the article the next day.

So my advice to you would be to write your story or piece or whatever, but don't publish it right then. Go do something else for awhile: play some video games, watch TV, take a dump, whatever. Just take a break for an hour or so then come back and re-read everything. I guarantee you will find more ways to make your article more to the point and more informative at the same time, and you hopefully won't end up with something that causes headaches in readers.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to say this, but know that I'm being completely serious, Dustin, and trying to help: I think you should take some more time proof-reading your articles. I know how it feels to have a great idea for a piece and want to knock it all out and publish it in one sitting, believe me I do that a bunch. But what tends to happen is that when you get so jazzed up about what you are writing, sentences sometimes ramble and thoughts tend to get confused very easily, resulting in a piece that is more confusing to read than it is thought provoking or informative.

Now, I've had a bunch of practice writing articles and essays, but even I sometimes go for the gold in one sitting and end up having to make large-scale changes to the article the next day.

So my advice to you would be to write your story or piece or whatever, but don't publish it right then. Go do something else for awhile: play some video games, watch TV, take a dump, whatever. Just take a break for an hour or so then come back and re-read everything. I guarantee you will find more ways to make your article more to the point and more informative at the same time, and you hopefully won't end up with something that causes headaches in readers.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I know what you're saying. Just figured it'd get some reads.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just an awful article.

Brett Favre at 26: Two time MVP. 2 Time First team All Pro. 4 time Pro Bowler. Super Bowl Champion.
Coming off a season of 3899yds 39TD's and 13Int's

Jay Cutler at 26. One Pro Bowl. No playoff games played.
Coming off a season 3666 27TD's and 26INT's.

Was your article serious or written as a joke?

I'm serious.

I already know the answer to this. You hate it 'cause my names on it, right? If someone else wrote this, it'd make more sense to you.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I'm serious.

I already know the answer to this. You hate it 'cause my names on it, right? If someone else wrote this, it'd make more sense to you.

This criticism is not related to my previous criticism: your premise is completely baseless and asinine. It seems to me to be just an inflammatory piece aimed solely at getting reads and comments, the only problem being I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever be upset that Jay Cutler is not compared to Brett Favre enough. It's not that your name is on it, it's just that the whole point you try to make isn't very good and is, frankly, barely intelligible.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
This criticism is not related to my previous criticism: your premise is completely baseless and asinine. It seems to me to be just an inflammatory piece aimed solely at getting reads and comments, the only problem being I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever be upset that Jay Cutler is not compared to Brett Favre enough. It's not that your name is on it, it's just that the whole point you try to make isn't very good and is, frankly, barely intelligible.

Listen, I'm starting out. I just want to get my name out there. I'm strictly an opinion writer, as of now. I don't think I'm bad for my age nor do I want to be looked down upon for my age. Just thanks for the criticism, I'll take it and get better.

Dismagic1

Take it easy brother.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm serious.

No. I hate it because it makes no sense. I even pointed out why.

Are you seriously this dense?

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. I hate it because it makes no sense. I even pointed out why.

Are you seriously this dense?

Lol, not really. I just think it's funny how instead of being straight forward with your shit, you become a dick about it. Say what you want.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This too.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Listen, I'm starting out. I just want to get my name out there. I'm strictly an opinion writer, as of now. I don't think I'm bad for my age nor do I want to be looked down upon for my age. Just thanks for the criticism, I'll take it and get better.

I understand all of that, and I'm just trying to help, and if you take some more time to write your stuff even the points you try to make will become more clear to the reader and the piece will actually flow and have a start and end to it. If I can offer some more advice: go read some other established writers' stuff, and see if you can pick up on HOW they write, not necessarily WHAT they write about. I'd suggest 643 Sports, but I don't want to hurt my arm patting myself on the back.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol, not really. I just think it's funny how instead of being straight forward with your shit, you become a dick about it. Say what you want.

How much straight forward could I be?

I posted a comparison of the two players at the same age..........

Are you looking for something more? I mean are you really willing to accept a retrospective argument about Cutler barely being a Top 10 QB in the NFL now while Favre is one of the best ever?

Do you really have a valid point as to why they should be compared?

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
How much straight forward could I be?

I posted a comparison of the two players at the same age..........

Are you looking for something more? I mean are you really willing to accept a retrospective argument about Cutler barely being a Top 10 QB in the NFL now while Favre is one of the best ever?

Do you really have a valid point as to why they should be compared?

Did you read the fuckin' article? Those were my points. Obviously you don't agree with them, I got that through my head.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
um sorry but the favre cutler comparison at this point is silly

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
um sorry but the favre cutler comparison at this point is silly

Yeah, I realize that now.

I'm still gonna leave it up there to get some more views, but I'ma take more time on my work.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did you read the fuckin' article? Those were my points. Obviously you don't agree with them, I got that through my head.

You're argument is that both are gunslingy?

Can't wait for your Rex Grossman/Favre article.

Status
Not open for further replies.